|Black & Gold Scrimmage||Columbia, Mo.||Wednesday / 6:30 p.m. CT||NA|
Game Notes: Mizzou
COLUMBIA, Mo. - The defending SEC Champion Mizzou volleyball team will officially kick off its 2014 season with the annual Black & Gold Scrimmage on Wednesday (Aug. 20) at the Hearnes Center. As always, the Tigers will host a youth clinic prior to the scrimmage. The clinic will begin at 4:45 p.m. with registration beginning at 4:15 inside the Hearnes Center Fieldhouse. Registration for the clinic is free as children will have a chance to play volleyball with the Tigers.
- Mizzou opens the 2014 season with the annual Black & Gold scrimmage on Wednesday (Aug. 20) at 6:30
- The Tigers also open defense of their 2013 SEC Title, the school's first-ever SEC title and program's first conference championship.
- Mizzou is ranked No. 15 in the AVCA Preseason Top-245 poll, its best preseason rank since 2006.
- Mizzou was picked to finish third in the preseason SEC poll, as voted by the league's coaches.
- AVCA honorable mention All-Americans Carly Kan and Whitney Little were Preseason All-SEC picks.
- Mizzou brings back four of six starters from a season ago and its starting libero and 11 total players.
- The senior trio of Whitney Little, Sarah Meister & Emily Wilson has totaled 75 wins in their three seasons.
- Mizzou is coming off of a season in which it set school records in wins, conference wins, consecutive wins, sweeps, consecutive sweeps and hitting.
- Mizzou also led the nation in hitting, kills, assists, wins and winning percentage in 2013.
- Carly Kan was the only outside hitter in the nation to have more than 800 total attempts while hitting above .350 last season. In fact, she led all left side hitters in power conferences with her .364 clip in 2013.
- Senior Whitney Little has reset the single season blocks record in each of the past three seasons and will look to do so again in 2014. She also holds school single season records in solo blocks (42, 2013) and hitting percentage (.463, 2013).
- Little needs just 38 blocks to take over the all-time career blocks record at Mizzou (currently 454 by Christi Myers from 1999-2002). Her 1.20 career blocks per set average is already a school record.
- Little also currently has the best career attack percentage in school history at .372. She had the fewest attack errors nationally among qualified hitters in 2013.
- Mizzou brings back 67-percent of its kills from a year ago, 68-percent of its digs and 77-percent of its total blocks. The Tigers also bring back 67-percent of its total points from a year ago.
- The Tigers also bring back their top three passers from a year ago as 90-percent of their total service receptions return. Those three - Sarah Meister, Carly Kan and Loxley Keala - combined to convert 96-percent of their service receptions last season.
Mizzou Volleyball's Lydia Ely Named One of ...
Mizzou volleyball senior Lydia Ely was inducted yesterday by the Mizzou Alumni Association as one...
Mizzou Volleyball Hands Out Letterman Jackets
Mizzou volleyball had all four of its freshmen added to the letterwinner last season and the four...
Mizzou's Munlyn Named High School All-Ameri...
Incoming Mizzou volleyball freshman Alyssa Munlyn (Suwanee, Ga.) has been named to the Volleyball...
Mizzou Volleyball Welcomes Courtney Eckenrode
Mizzou volleyball head coach Wayne Kreklow is happy to announce that former Texas Gatorade Player...
Mizzou Volleyball Announces 2015 Camp Dates
Mizzou volleyball has announced its annual camp dates for the 2015 summer. In all, the Tigers are...
Carly Kan Named AVCA Honorable Mention All-Amer...
Mizzou sophomore outside hitter Carly Kan (Honolulu, Hawaii) has been named to the American...
USA Today Tabs Mizzou as Nation's Sixth-Bes...
Mizzou volleyball was tabbed by USA Today as the nation's sixth-best school to play college...
Carly Kan Earns AVCA All-Southeast Region Honors
Mizzou sophomore outside hitter Carly Kan (Honolulu, Hawaii) earned American Volleyball Coaches...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP