|Black & Gold Scrimmage||Columbia, Mo.||Wednesday / 6:30 p.m. CT||NA|
Game Notes: Mizzou
COLUMBIA, Mo. - The defending SEC Champion Mizzou volleyball team will officially kick off its 2014 season with the annual Black & Gold Scrimmage on Wednesday (Aug. 20) at the Hearnes Center. As always, the Tigers will host a youth clinic prior to the scrimmage. The clinic will begin at 4:45 p.m. with registration beginning at 4:15 inside the Hearnes Center Fieldhouse. Registration for the clinic is free as children will have a chance to play volleyball with the Tigers.
- Mizzou opens the 2014 season with the annual Black & Gold scrimmage on Wednesday (Aug. 20) at 6:30
- The Tigers also open defense of their 2013 SEC Title, the school's first-ever SEC title and program's first conference championship.
- Mizzou is ranked No. 15 in the AVCA Preseason Top-245 poll, its best preseason rank since 2006.
- Mizzou was picked to finish third in the preseason SEC poll, as voted by the league's coaches.
- AVCA honorable mention All-Americans Carly Kan and Whitney Little were Preseason All-SEC picks.
- Mizzou brings back four of six starters from a season ago and its starting libero and 11 total players.
- The senior trio of Whitney Little, Sarah Meister & Emily Wilson has totaled 75 wins in their three seasons.
- Mizzou is coming off of a season in which it set school records in wins, conference wins, consecutive wins, sweeps, consecutive sweeps and hitting.
- Mizzou also led the nation in hitting, kills, assists, wins and winning percentage in 2013.
- Carly Kan was the only outside hitter in the nation to have more than 800 total attempts while hitting above .350 last season. In fact, she led all left side hitters in power conferences with her .364 clip in 2013.
- Senior Whitney Little has reset the single season blocks record in each of the past three seasons and will look to do so again in 2014. She also holds school single season records in solo blocks (42, 2013) and hitting percentage (.463, 2013).
- Little needs just 38 blocks to take over the all-time career blocks record at Mizzou (currently 454 by Christi Myers from 1999-2002). Her 1.20 career blocks per set average is already a school record.
- Little also currently has the best career attack percentage in school history at .372. She had the fewest attack errors nationally among qualified hitters in 2013.
- Mizzou brings back 67-percent of its kills from a year ago, 68-percent of its digs and 77-percent of its total blocks. The Tigers also bring back 67-percent of its total points from a year ago.
- The Tigers also bring back their top three passers from a year ago as 90-percent of their total service receptions return. Those three - Sarah Meister, Carly Kan and Loxley Keala - combined to convert 96-percent of their service receptions last season.
Mizzou Falls at UMKC in Monday Match
Mizzou volleyball lost to in-state rival UMKC, 3-1 (19-25, 15-25, 25-23, 18-25) on Monday evening...
Mizzou Volleyball Renews Series with UMKC...
Mizzou volleyball will renew its series with in-state rival UMKC on Monday (Oct. 13) at 7 p.m. at...
Wayne Kreklow Wins 200th as Head Coach in Sweep...
Mizzou volleyball won its 12th consecutive home SEC match by defeating Auburn, 3-0 (25-23, 25-20,...
Volleyball Match Central: Mizzou vs. Auburn
Mizzou Volleyball Returns Home to Face Auburn
Mizzou volleyball will look to snap a two-match losing streak as Auburn (9-8, 1-3 SEC) comes to...
Mizzou Falls at Georgia, 3-1
Mizzou volleyball dropped to 11-7 and 2-2 in SEC play after falling to Georgia, 3-1 (25-17, 18-25...
Mizzou Volleyball Heads to Georgia Sunday for...
Despite a loss Wednesday night at Ole Miss, Mizzou volleyball has still won seven of its last...
Mizzou Falls at Ole Miss as SEC Win Streak...
Mizzou volleyball had its 20-match SEC winning streak snapped on Wednesday night (Oct. 1) at Ole ...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP