May 27, 2010
NCAA Super Regional Central
The ninth-seeded Missouri softball program has advanced to the NCAA Super Regional round for the third straight season following their NCAA Columbia Regional win last weekend. The Tigers will face the Oregon Ducks from the Pac-10 Conference, who advanced to the round of 16 after upsetting No. 8 seed Georgia Tech twice in the Atlanta Regional. The number one source for all softball game day information is located at the NCAA Super Regional Central page.
- PACK THE HOUSE – Over 3500 people saw the Missouri softball team claim their third straight NCAA Regional last weekend here in Columbia, creating an amazing home field advantage for our Tigers. We’re hoping for even better numbers this weekend, so come out and show why Tiger fans are the best in the country!
- WEAR GOLD – All three scheduled games are televised on ESPN, and we want to make sure the bleachers are lined with Missouri Tiger gold. The more gold in the stands, the more impressive University Field looks on television – show the country that Missouri softball offers one of the best game day experiences out there!
- GET YOUR TICKETS – Tickets are available at the Mizzou Arena Ticket Office, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Orders can also be placed through 1-800-CAT-PAWS. Gates open 90 minutes prior to first pitch each day. For prices, check out the NCAA Super Regional Central page.
- CAN’T MAKE IT? – Even if you can’t make it out to University Field this weekend, there are still plenty of ways you can follow the games between Missouri and Oregon.
o WATCH ESPN: All three scheduled games will be aired on ESPN. Game one starts at 1:30 p.m. CT on Saturday, with game two at Noon CT on Sunday and game three starting immediately after that at 2:30 p.m. CT. Eric Collins, currently an announcer for the Los Angeles Dodgers who also covers the Women’s College World Series, and Jennie Ritter, a former Michigan softball great, will have the call.
o WATCH ONLINE: These three games will also be broadcast online at ESPN3.com, formerly known as ESPN360.com.
o LISTEN TO KTGR: KTGR 1580 in Columbia will broadcast every game this weekend at 1580 AM. Will Palaszczuk will provide play-by-play for the best-of-three series.
o LISTEN TO KCOU: The University of Missouri’s student-run station, KCOU, will also provide radio coverage of the weekend’s games. Fans can tune in to 88.1 FM or check in online at www.kcou.fm to hear their broadcast.
- PRIDE POINTS: Remember our Pride Points that encompass all of the above:
o Wear Gold
o Be Responsible
o Arrive Early/Stay Late
o Celebrate Our Traditions
o Respect The Game
Six-Run Sixth Inning Fuels Mizzou to 9-8...
Facing a 6-0 deficit after the first inning, Mizzou Softball (20-4, 4-1) used a six-run sixth...
Mizzou Softball Falls to No. 14 Tennessee, 12-4...
Mizzou Softball (19-4, 3-1) fell to No. 14 Tennessee, 12-4 (6) in game one of a three-game set...
KTGR Broadcasts Announced for Softball
All games will be available in the mid-Missouri area on 100.5 FM, 103.1 FM and 1580 AM, and all...
Mizzou Softball Travels to Tennessee to...
Mizzou Softball returns to Southeastern Conference action this weekend as the Tigers head on the ...
Mizzou's In-State Clash with Missouri State...
Mizzou Softball (19-3, 3-0) was set to travel to Missouri State this afternoon, but due to steady...
Mizzou Run Rules #25 N.C. State 13-3 to Cap...
The Tigers applied the pressure early, scoring four first-inning runs on five consecutive hits...
Five-Homer Attack Keys Mizzou to 12-4 Win over ...
Sophomore C Kirsten Mack (Riverside, Calif.) was the main culprit Saturday, as she smacked a...
Mizzou Run-Rules Lipscomb, 10-2 in Six Innings
The victory extended Mizzou's current win streak to nine, and combined with a 7-5 win earlier in ...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP