Coach Earleywine and the No. 9 Tigers hope you help pack the stands this weekend at University Field
April 14, 2011
COLUMBIA, Mo. – The No. 9 Missouri softball team faces off with No. 14 Oklahoma this weekend in a pivotal Big 12 series, and they need your support as they take on their biggest rival. This series will have major implications on the Big 12 standings, as the Tigers stand at just a half game behind Texas for first place. Both games will be televised live, with Saturday’s 3:30 p.m. CT start airing on Fox Sports Net and Sunday’s 3 p.m. game being shown on ESPN.
On Sunday, Missouri head football coach Gary Pinkel will be throwing out the ceremonial first pitch. There will also be a sign contest for fans to participate in during Sunday’s contest. Come to the game and bring your most creative sign for a chance to win a $50 gift card to the Tiger Team Store. Mizzou Athletic Staff and Truman the Tiger will walk around the stands and find the most creative signs. A staff member will then identify poster participants that will be judged at the end of the fifth inning. The best sign will be judged by the fans based on crowd feedback.
Fans are also encouraged to wear gold on Sunday, and the first 100 fans will receive a free gold rally towel on Sunday.
Top 10 Reasons to Pack the Park
- Games will be televised nationally on Fox Sports Net (Saturday) and ESPN (Sunday)
- Missouri has won 30 straight games at home, the longest home winning streak in the nation
- Sign contest – winner receives $50 gift card to Tiger Team Store
- Coach Pinkel will throw out ceremonial first pitch on Sunday
- The Sooners are Mizzou Softball’s Biggest Rival
- Two of the top-15 programs in the nation going head to head
- Gold Rush (wear your gold and first 100 fans will receive a free gold rally towel on Sunday)
- University Field is one of the loudest stadiums in the nation when it’s packed
- We must protect this house! Free admission with Student ID
- Did we mention that ESPN is coming? Chance to be on national TV
Sign Contest Rules
- Be CREATIVE! There are no limits to creativity. The game is on ESPN, so come up with something catchy, but appropriate.
- The sign should reflect good sportsmanship and can NOT contain vulgar or derogatory language towards student athletes or coaches.
- The sign can be no larger than 2’ x 3’
- Encouraging words are welcomed!
- Event staff will check signs upon arrival to verify that they meet these rules
Mizzou Softball Cruises to Two More Fall Victories
Mizzou Softball continued its fall schedule with two more wins on Friday at University Field,...
Mizzou Softball Shows Off Arms and Bats in...
Mizzou Softball started its fall schedule with a bang on Friday at University Field, defeating...
Former Tiger Cat Lee has High School Number...
Lee was a standout for Eastside High School in Covington, Ga. Her alma mater gave her the...
Mizzou Softball Announces 2014 Fall Schedule
"Fall Ball" will be grouped into four Friday doubleheaders that will be played at University...
Gillis Named New Mizzou Softball Assistant Coach
Mizzou Softball will welcome the addition of Doug Gillis to the program's coaching staff in the...
Mizzou Softball Gains Transfer Pitcher from Omaha
Mizzou Softball has announced the signing of former Omaha Mavericks pitcher Cheyenne Baxter, a...
Mizzou Softball Adds JUCO All-American Outfielder
Mizzou Softball has announced the signing of former Jefferson College (Hillsboro, Mo.) slugger...
Gadbois Honored with NFCA's Golden Shoe Award
Mizzou Softball's All-America performer for the 2014 season, redshirt sophomore OF Taylor Gadbois...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP