May 23, 2013
Washington (42-15) 2, Missouri (38-13) 1
- Missouri Softball is hosting an NCAA Super Regional for the fourth consecutive season. Overall Missouri has advanced to six consecutive Super Regionals, while Washington has advanced to five consecutive.
- Washington now leads the all-time series with Missouri 6-4. The Huskies stopped a three-game losing skid to Mizzou, including a pair of wins by the Tigers in the 2011 NCAA Super Regional.
- Mizzou lost for only the second time in 2013 when leading after six innings. The team's only other loss in that fashion was on Feb. 18 in a 6-5 10 inning defeat at the hands of Eastern Kentucky.
- Errors hurt Missouri in tonight's defeat. An error allowed Washington to tie the game in the top of the seventh inning and a throwing error after a single helped the winning run to score.
- Emily Crane hit her 16th double of the season, which is tied for the third most in single-season history at Mizzou. She is tied for the team lead with Jenna Marston on that list, who has 16 this season as well. Micaela Minner hit 18 doubles in 2007 and is No. 2 on the list, while Mary Babb is No. 1 with 19 in 1995.
- The 16 doubles by Crane also tie the Mizzou freshman record. Marston had 16 two-baggers in 2010 as well.
- Washington catcher Shawna Wright drove in the tying run for Washington with one out in the top of the seventh. It was her 27th RBI of 2013, which is fifth on the club.
- Washington's Victoria Hayward knocked in the Huskies winning run with a double in the top of the eighth. It was her 20th RBI of the year and her sixth double of the season.
- In addition to allowing just one run, Washington starting pitcher Kaitlin Inglesby drew a pair of walks, pushing her season total to 35. She is now second on the club in free passes drawn.
- Chelsea Thomas struck out seven batters to increase her Mizzou career record to 1,170.
- Thomas pitched all eight innings of the game to mark her longest outing since a nine inning game win over Kentucky on April 26.
- Kelsea Roth drove in Mizzou's only run with an infield single in the bottom of the sixth inning. The RBI was her 43rd of the season.
- Crane reached base safely in three of her four plate appearances with a double and two walks. The freshman has now reached base in 15 consecutive games, a season best and the team's fourth-longest streak of the year.
Chloe Rathburn Joins Mizzou Softball Squad
Two-time All-Sun Belt honoree Chloe Rathburn is transferring from the South Alabama softball...
Mizzou's Season Ends in Super Regional...
Senior 1B Kelsea Roth (Yorba Linda, Calif.) did not want Mizzou Softball's 2015 season to be over.
Mizzou Softball Falls in Opening Super Regional...
A powerful third inning for Mizzou Softball was not enough to hold off No. 7 UCLA in the first...
Mizzou Softball Set for UCLA Super Regional
No. 10-seed Mizzou Softall is set to face No. 7 UCLA in a best-of-three series at the Los Angeles...
Mizzou Softball Adds St. Louis Speedster to...
The Mizzou Softball coaching staff announced that Elizabeth Hagens from Metro High School in St. ...
No. 10 Mizzou Travels to No. 7 UCLA for...
The NCAA Tournament's No. 10 seed, Mizzou Softball will travel to Los Angeles, Calif., to take on...
Mack's Five RBIs Send Mizzou Past Kansas...
Kirsten Mack drove in career high five runs on a grand slam and a double to lead the No. 12/13...
Seniors Help Mizzou Defeat Kansas to Advance to...
Kelsea Roth hit a two-run double in the fifth to send No. 12/13 Mizzou Softball to the NCAA...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP