May 19, 2013
Columbia Regional – Game Seven Notes
Missouri (38-12) 5, Hofstra (46-13) 0
- Missouri won its sixth consecutive NCAA Regional with its 5-0 win over Hofstra in Sunday's second game. The Tigers will host No. 11 seeded Washington at University Field.
- Missouri and Washington both carry impressive Super Regional streaks into next weekend. The Tigers have made six consecutive Super Regional appearances, while Washington is on a run of five consecutive Super berths.
- Missouri improved to 19-2 in its last 21 NCAA Regional games during that impressive stretch.
- Only Alabama has made six consecutive Super Regional berths during that same stretch as Mizzou and the Tigers and Crimson Tide will be joined by either Arizona State or Georgia on that list later today. Those clubs play today in Tempe, Ariz.
- Missouri last hosted Washington in the 2011 Columbia Super Regional, earning 4-0 and 6-3 wins vs. the Huskies. Washington is 5-4 vs. Missouri all-time.
- Nicole Hudson and Kelsea Roth each hit home runs and both have 16 on the year to lead the club. Both players are now third all-time in single-season history at Mizzou. Micaela Minner hit 17 in 2005 and Amanda Renth owns the single-season record with 20 in 2008.
- The home run by Hudson was the 46th of her career, second all-time at Missouri. Jen Bruck is the school record holder. She hit 47 from 2005-08.
- The Tigers now have 62 round-trippers this season, the fourth highest total in school history. Those 62 blasts equal the 2010 club.
- Missouri pounded out eight hits in the win, its most productive offensive day in postseason play. The Tigers scored five runs overall, the most allowed by Hofstra starter Olivia Galati since she gave up five runs on March 16 vs. Connecticut. The most she allowed in 2013 was nine vs. Florida State in the second game of the year.
- Chelsea Thomas earned the win for Missouri and improved to 24-4 on the year. She did not allow a run in her two starts in the NCAA Regional. She pitched 14.0 total innings in both wins vs. Hofstra. She also pushed her career win total to 111, tops all time at Missouri.
- She has 33 complete games this season, fourth all-time at Missouri.
- The senior struck out nine in the complete-game effort, pushing her season K total to 221. She has 10 games with 9+ strikeouts and in two wins over the Pride Thomas struck out 16 while allowing just two walks. Her 221 strikeouts is ninth on Missouri's single-season list.
- Thomas has allowed just two runs over her last 41.0 innings of work. That stretch is over her last seven games pitched. Thomas is 6-0 during that stretch.
Zolman's Shot Sends Mizzou to 7-0 NCAA...
The No. 12/13 Mizzou softball team used a five-run fifth inning to carry the team to a 7-0 win...
Columbia Regional Game Times Moved Up on Friday
Due to potential adverse weather conditions in the area, Friday's NCAA Regional game times at...
PREVIEW: Softball Poised for NCAA Tournament
No. 12 Mizzou Softball clinched its ninth consecutive NCAA Tournament berth under head coach...
Pair of Tigers Earn NFCA Southeast All-Region...
Mizzou Softball saw a pair of Tigers selected to the National Fastpitch Coaches Association's All...
KTGR to Broadcast Mizzou Softball NCAA Action
All Mizzou Regional games will be aired on 103.1 FM and 1580 AM in Columbia. For a complete...
Mizzou Softball Will Host its Seventh...
Mizzou Softball (39-14, 14-10) has been selected to host an NCAA Regional this weekend for the...
Cousins Represents Mizzou on 2015 SEC Community...
Mizzou Softball senior catcher Alyssa Cousins (Carrollton, Texas) has been named to the 2015...
Mizzou Falls 5-2 to Auburn in SEC Tournament
Mizzou outhit Auburn 6-4 and also drew five walks and a hit batter, but stranded six runners and ...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP