May 18, 2013
Final Stats |
Columbia Regional - 2013 NCAA Division I Softball Championship
Missouri (37-11) 1, Hofstra (44-12) 0 - Notes
· Missouri (2-0 in the NCAA Columbia Regional) earned a spot in Sunday's regional final of the 2013 Columbia Regional, gutting out a 1-0 win over Hofstra on Saturday afternoon.
· The 1-0 win was the 18th shutout win for the Tigers this season and the second of this Regional. The Tigers have four shutout wins over their last five games after also shutting out Stony Brook 3-0 on Friday.
· Mizzou earned its eighth consecutive NCAA Regional game win, a streak that dates back to the 2011 Columbia Regional. Overall, Missouri has won 18 of its last 19 NCAA Regional games, with the lone loss coming in 2011. It was Missouri's first 1-0 win since the 2012 Columbia Regional when the Tigers topped DePaul.
· Missouri recorded just one hit vs. Hofstra starter Olivia Galati, but it resulted in the game-winning run as Emily Crane blistered a two-out hit to centerfield to score Princess Krebs. Krebs had reached base on a fielding error by the Pride.
· Nicole Hudson has played big for the Tigers this weekend. She was the starting pitcher in Friday's win and recorded a lead-saving outfield assist in the sixth inning to keep the Pride off the board.
· Hofstra starter Olivia Galati fell to 38-11 on the year. She also struck out two Mizzou batters to push her season strikeout total to 381. She also topped 1,400 career strikeouts and has 1,401 for her career.
· Galati had her winning streak snapped at 12 games.
· The Pride also had its four-game winning streak in NCAA Regional play halted. Hofstra was 3-0 at last year's UCLA Regional and won 2-0 vs. Oregon State on Friday.
· The loss was just Hofstra's second in the last 28 games. The Pride owns wins in 26 of their last 28 games and are 41-4 since March 1.