May 18, 2013
Columbia Regional - 2013 NCAA Division I Softball Championship
Missouri (37-11) 1, Hofstra (44-12) 0 - Notes
· Missouri (2-0 in the NCAA Columbia Regional) earned a spot in Sunday's regional final of the 2013 Columbia Regional, gutting out a 1-0 win over Hofstra on Saturday afternoon.
· The 1-0 win was the 18th shutout win for the Tigers this season and the second of this Regional. The Tigers have four shutout wins over their last five games after also shutting out Stony Brook 3-0 on Friday.
· Mizzou earned its eighth consecutive NCAA Regional game win, a streak that dates back to the 2011 Columbia Regional. Overall, Missouri has won 18 of its last 19 NCAA Regional games, with the lone loss coming in 2011. It was Missouri's first 1-0 win since the 2012 Columbia Regional when the Tigers topped DePaul.
· Missouri recorded just one hit vs. Hofstra starter Olivia Galati, but it resulted in the game-winning run as Emily Crane blistered a two-out hit to centerfield to score Princess Krebs. Krebs had reached base on a fielding error by the Pride.
· Nicole Hudson has played big for the Tigers this weekend. She was the starting pitcher in Friday's win and recorded a lead-saving outfield assist in the sixth inning to keep the Pride off the board.
· Hofstra starter Olivia Galati fell to 38-11 on the year. She also struck out two Mizzou batters to push her season strikeout total to 381. She also topped 1,400 career strikeouts and has 1,401 for her career.
· Galati had her winning streak snapped at 12 games.
· The Pride also had its four-game winning streak in NCAA Regional play halted. Hofstra was 3-0 at last year's UCLA Regional and won 2-0 vs. Oregon State on Friday.
· The loss was just Hofstra's second in the last 28 games. The Pride owns wins in 26 of their last 28 games and are 41-4 since March 1.
KTGR Broadcasts Announced for Softball
All games will be available in the mid-Missouri area on 100.5 FM, 103.1 FM and 1580 AM, and all...
Mizzou Softball Travels to Tennessee to...
Mizzou Softball returns to Southeastern Conference action this weekend as the Tigers head on the ...
Mizzou's In-State Clash with Missouri State...
Mizzou Softball (19-3, 3-0) was set to travel to Missouri State this afternoon, but due to steady...
Mizzou Run Rules #25 N.C. State 13-3 to Cap...
The Tigers applied the pressure early, scoring four first-inning runs on five consecutive hits...
Five-Homer Attack Keys Mizzou to 12-4 Win over ...
Sophomore C Kirsten Mack (Riverside, Calif.) was the main culprit Saturday, as she smacked a...
Mizzou Run-Rules Lipscomb, 10-2 in Six Innings
The victory extended Mizzou's current win streak to nine, and combined with a 7-5 win earlier in ...
Mizzou Outslugs Fordham for 7-5 Victory
Crane, who went 2-for-3 with a walk and a stolen base, later produced a two-run single in the...
Tigers Get Sweep of SEMO with 10-1 Win in Nightcap
Tiger bats to get going in the first game they came out hot in the second game. A leadoff single ...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP