The Tigers will make their 11th consecutive regional appearance on Saturday.
April 4, 2012
Columbia, Mo. – Mizzou Gymnastics will make its 11th consecutive NCAA Regional appearance in Fayetteville, Ark. this weekend. The Tigers will compete in the 2012 NCAA South Central Regional hosted by the University of Arkansas on Sat., April 7 at 4 p.m. Mizzou will start the rotation on vault and continue with a bye before heading to the bars and beam. The Tigers will then have a bye before continuing to the floor exercise in the final rotation. The competition marks Mizzou’s 24th NCAA Regional appearance in program history.
Last Time Out
No. 19 Mizzou Gymnastics finished in a tie for second place in the Big 12 Championships on Saturday (March 24). Oklahoma took the Championship title with a 197.475 score, while the Tigers and the Cyclones scored 196.025 scores. This is the first second-place finish at the Big 12 Championships for the Tigers in Big 12 Conference history. Sophomore Katelyn Trevino earned the Big 12 floor title with a score of 9.900, while Senior Mary Burke was recognized as Big 12 Gymnast of the Year and freshman Rachel Updike was named Big 12 Newcomer of the Year.
Last Time at the NCAA Regional Championship
The 2011 NCAA Regional Championship brought Missouri to a familiar setting in the Lloyd Noble Center. The Tigers competed in the arena earlier in the season when Missouri faced Oklahoma in a Big 12 match-up. Missouri recorded a team total of 194.175 to finish in sixth place. The Oklahoma Sooners took the Championship title with a final teams core of 197.350. Utah came in at No 2 with a 196.450 and Washington placed third (195.300). North Carolina (195.225) and New Hampshire (194.500) placed fourth and fifth, respectively. Junior Mary Burke notched a 39.175 all-around score that put her in a tie for fourth place.
• Mary Burke is the only gymnast under head coach Rob Drass to compete for the all-around in every meet of her career.
• Sophomore Katelyn Trevino took home the floor title at the Big 12 Championship, marking only her second event title this season.
• The Tigers recorded one of their best vault scores ever against Oklahoma on Feb. 17. Earning a team vault score of 49.350, Mizzou matched the second-highest team vault score in program history. The Tigers also put up a season-high 49.400 on floor against Arkansas, the fifth highest in school history.
• Missouri is now 6-6 against ranked opponents in the regular season as the Tigers knocked off No. 24 Iowa State on Jan. 8, No. 16 Denver on Jan. 20, No. 4 Nebraska, No. 23 NC State, No. 18 Illinois and No. 9 Arkansas. Three of the wins have been upsets.
• Rachel Updike has been named Big 12 Newcomer of the Week nine times this season. Her awards mark the first time that Missouri has earned this award in consecutive weeks, and the first time any gymnast has earned a weekly award five weeks in a row. Her nine individual weekly honors are the most in one season for any Big 12 Gymnast.
• The Tigers had of the best starts in program history this season as the Tigers started off 5-0 before taking third place in the Chicago Style Invite. It is the first time in program history that Missouri has won five consecutive dual meets to start the season.
• Head Coach Rob Drass is just seven wins away from his 150th career victory. It will also be his 150th victory at Mizzou.
•Freshman Rachel Updike has been named to CollegeSports360’s Primetime Performers Honor Roll twice this season. Senior Mary Burke earned the honor most recently on Jan. 31 also.
•Mizzou Gymnastics plans to host a golf tournament in April. Anyone interested in participating can contact Jennifer Green.
Gymnastics Travels to No. 4 Florida Friday for ...
Mizzou hits the road for its fourth away meet of the season when the team travels to Gainesville,...
Mizzou Sets Nine Career Highs in Win Over...
The Mizzou gymnastics team set nine individual career highs as Missouri posted a 194.550-193.675 ...
Shauna Miller Wins Four Titles in 195.825-195.1...
Freshman Shauna Miller claimed the all-around, vault, bars and floor titles as the Mizzou...
Gymnastics Returns Home to Host Kentucky,...
After a three-week road stretch, the Mizzou gymnastics team returns home to the Hearnes Center...
Mizzou Posts Season Best 195.850 to Win State...
The Mizzou gymnastics team recorded nine career highs had three season best event scores to...
Mizzou Takes on SEMO, Lindenwood Friday in...
The Mizzou gymnastics team concludes its three-meet road stretch on Friday, Jan. 29 when the...
Gymnastics Falls to No. 3 LSU on the Road
The Mizzou gymnastics team continued its three meet road stretch with a 197.350-192.725 loss at...
Gymnastics Continues SEC Slate at No. 3 LSU on ...
The Mizzou gymnastics team continues its three-meet road stretch on Friday, Jan. 23 when the...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP