Mizzou will play three games in Cancun this week.
Nov. 20, 2012
Tip-off: Nov. 22 - 2:30 p.m., Nov. 23 - 5 p.m., Nov. 24 - 5 p.m.
Arena: Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort
Radio: KTGR 100.5 FM
Live Stats: http://www.triplecrownsports.com/cancun/cancun.asp?eventid=23
Live Video Stream: www.mutigers.com/allaccess
MU: Robin Pingeton (St. Ambrose `90) 28-36 at MU (third season)
WSU: Jody Adams (Tennessee `94) 70-62 at WSU (fifth season)
GB: Kevin Borseth (Lake Superior State ) 2-0 at GB (first season)
MINN: Pam Borton (Defiance `76) 196-125 at MINN (11th season)
MIZZOU GOES INTERNATIONAL
The Tigers are preparing for the Cancun Challenge, which will consist of three games on Nov. 22, 23 and 24. Mizzou will first face Wichita State at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, then Green Bay at 5 p.m. on Friday. Finally, the Tigers will meet up with Minnesota on Saturday at 5 p.m.
Upon arriving back in the states, Mizzou will host SEMO on Nov. 29 at 7 p.m. The Tigers will then make their first appearance on the small screen, hosting Tennessee-Martin in a televised contest on Dec. 3.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS
Wichita State: The Wichita State Shockers are 2-1 on the season, earning victories over UTSA and Arkansas State. The Shockers put up a strong fight in their season opener at LSU, only dropping to the Tigers by two points. The team is led by Jessica Diamond, who is averaging 12.3 points per game. Alex Harden is also a player to watch as she is averaging 10.7 points per game and 6.3 rebounds. She has a total of 10 assists this season.
Green Bay: The Green Bay Phoenix are 2-0 this season, with wins coming over UNI and Central Michigan. Adrian Ritchie leads the Phoenix, averaging 20.5 points per game and shooting 51.7 percent from the field. Both Sarah Eichler and Stephanie Sension are averaging in the double figures as well, and Sension is averaging 6.5 rebounds per game.
Minnesota: The Gophers are undefeated through four games this season, as the team as earned wins over Washington State, Villanova, Ohio and Maine. The team is averaging 81 points a game after reachong a season high of 87 points against Washington State. Two gophers are averaging double figure scoring, Rachel Banham and Micaella Riche. Riche is shooting 65.9 percent from the field as well.
-With three games under their belt, the Tigers have shot above 40 percent from the field in all three competitions.
-The Tigers have scored at least 20 points off of turnovers in both games this season.
-Just under half of the Tigers' scoring this season has come off of the bench.
- Mizzou leads the SEC with an assist/turnover ratio of 1.5 as the team is averaging 17 assist to 11 turnovers per game.
-The Tigers also lead the conference with 27 three-point field goals made this season. Mizzou sits ahead of Arkansas on the list, who has tallied 15 three-point field goals made so far.
- Freshman Lianna Doty leads the SEC with 20 assists the season, she has tallied eight more than Calli Berna of Arkansas (12).
- Sophomore Morgan Eye has made the most three pointers in the league this season, she is tied with Alabama's Shafontaye Myers as they have both made 11 so far.
WEEKLY SEC HIGHLIGHTS
- The SEC is 34-10 in games this season.
- League teams went 20-7 from Nov. 11 to Nov. 18.
- Ten teams will participate in tournaments over the week of Thanksgiving.
- Tennessee's 53-point margin against Rice is the largest of the season.
- Teams have 12 wins with 30+ point margins this season.
- SEC teams are 2-4 against Top 25 teams this season.
- With Georgia's next win, Andy Landers will become the eighth basketball coach - men's or women's - with 800 victories at a single Division I school.
- LSU is two victories away from becoming the fourth team in SEC history to claim 800 all-time victories.
Stock, Tigers Upset No. 12 Texas A&M
Maddie Stock used a three-point shot at the buzzer to give Mizzou the upset over No. 12 Texas A&M...
Eye Named to SEC Community Service Team
Senior guard Morgan Eye has been recognized by the Southeastern Conference for her efforts off...
Tigers Take Road Stretch to Texas A&M
The Tigers tipped-off a two-game road stretch at Vanderbilt on Sunday and the team will head down...
Tigers Take Close Contest over Vanderbilt
The Tigers came out victorious on Sunday after a close finish against the Commodores. The Tigers ...
Tigers set for Sunday Clash with Commodores
The Tigers tip-off a two-game road stretch at Vanderbilt on Sunday before heading down to College...
Tigers Rock Rebels in 72-58 win
The Mizzou Tigers took down the Ole Miss Rebels on Sunday (Feb. 15), finishing with a 14-point...
Tigers Play 4Kay Sunday against Ole Miss
Mizzou returns to Columbia on Sunday, hosting Ole Miss in a 2 p.m. contest. The game marks the...
Mizzou Keeps it Close in Thursday loss at Alabama
Sophomore Sierra Michaelis had another career night for the Tigers. She was unstoppable from...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP