Jordan Frericks reset her career-high with 14 points while posting her second career double-double.
Dec. 16, 2013
Mizzou vs. Belmont
Mizzou 82, Belmont 70
Dec. 16, 2013
- With the win, Mizzou improves to 10-1 to open the season for the second time under head coach Robin Pingeton. The last Tiger team to open 10-1 was the 2011-12 team as it equals the program's best start to a season since 2006-07 when Mizzou started 12-1.
- As fourth-year head coach Robin Pingeton continues to build the program, Monday's win improved her to 53-52 while at Mizzou. Since Mizzou's move to the Southeastern Conference, Mizzou is now 27-16 under the direction of Pingeton after Monday night's win.
- Belmont connected on five of its first nine field goals from distance and forced eight Tigers turnovers as it built a 21-18 lead midway through the first half. Mizzou closed the half on a 9-3 run over the last 3:01 to tie the game a 37-all headed into the break. The run continued into the second half as Mizzou scored seven of the first 10 points to extend the run to 16-6 and its lead to 44-40.
- Belmont opened the game going 7-for-16 from distance but Mizzou's defense improved as the game went on as the Bruins hit just 1-of-14 to close the game. Mizzou continues to hold its opponents to lower than 30-percent shooting from 3-point range this season.
- Bri Kulas scored 14 of Mizzou's first 30 points in the game and finished with a career-high 27 in the contest. It was the fourth time this season that Kulas finished with 20+ points in a game. She buried a free throw with 54 second remaining to match her career-high with 27 points for the second consecutive game.
- Mizzou outscored Belmont, 20-10, in the paint in the first half and finished the game with a 34-26 advantage in that category.
- Freshman Jordan Frericks tallied her second career double-double in the win, scoring 14 points while pulling down 15 boards, two shy of her career-high. It was the second consecutive game that she has scored in double-figures and the fifth time this season. It was also her fourth game with 10+ rebounds.
- Frericks' 14 points are a new career-high, topping her previous best of 13 set against Hartford on Nov. 29 in Miami.
- Junior guard Morgan Eye finished the game with 16 points as she connected on 4-of-7 from distance. It marked the fourth time this season that she buried four or more 3-pointers and the seventh time this season that she connected on multiple shots from beyond the arc.
- Mizzou did very well in stats that it is performing well in this season. The Tigers came into the game averaging 30.9 defensive rebounds per game (second in the SEC) and pulled in 35 on Monday. Mizzou also came into the game averaging 41.2 points per game in the second half and scored 45 on Monday. The Tigers were also outscoring their opponents by 11.4 points per game in the second half and Mizzou outscored Belmont by 12 in the second half on Monday.
- A big key to Mizzou's success in the second half was its ability to protect the rock. The Tigers had 14 first-half turnovers and committed just three in the second half.
- Mizzou converted 12 offensive rebounds into 11 second-chance points in the win. Belmont conversely scored just three second-chance points in the game.
- The Tigers out-rebounded Belmont, 47-28, on Monday. It was Mizzou's second-largest rebounding margin of the season. In fact, Mizzou has not out-rebounded its last two opponents by an average of 20.5 per game.
- Mizzou continued to play great team basketball, assisting on 19 of 29 field goals. Conversely, Belmont assisted on 11 of 25 field goals.
Women's Basketball Announces Nationally-Ranked ...
Mizzou Women's Basketball and Head Coach Robin Pingeton are excited to announce the addition of...
Mizzou Holds Off Missouri Western in Final...
Mizzou women's basketball held off Missouri Western, 78-75, on Tuesday night (Nov. 11) at Mizzou ...
Mizzou Basketball Hosts Successful Hoops 101 Event
Mizzou Basketball's annual Hoops 101 event was held on Thursday, Nov. 6 in Mizzou Arena, and, as ...
Women's Basketball Back in Action Tuesday
Mizzou Women's Basketball will return to Mizzou Arena on Tuesday, Nov. 11, for an exhibition...
Tigers Open Exhibition Play with a Win over...
Lights out shooting from guard Morgan Eye and impressive post play from forward Jordan Frericks...
Morgan Eye Garners Preseason All-SEC Honors
Mizzou senior guard Morgan Eye was recognized by the Southeastern Conference coaches on Wednesday...
Registration Open for Hoops 101
Tickets are on sale now for the annual Mizzou Basketball Hoops 101 event. Open to all female...
Tigers Open Exhibition Play Wednesday at 7 p.m.
Mizzou Women's Basketball opens its exhibition slate on Wednesday (Nov. 5) when the Tigers host...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP