March 20, 2013
Mizzou Women's Basketball
WNIT First Round
Mizzou 58, Eastern Illinois 60
- Tonight's first round matchup against Eastern Illinois represented the Tigers fifth trip to the WNIT in school history. The Tigers are now 3-5 in WNIT tournament play.
- Tonight's game marked the first postseason appearance for the Tigers under Head Coach Robin Pingeton (3rd season) and the first for the program since the 2006-2007 season in which the Tigers were eventually knocked out in the second round of the WNIT against Wyoming.
- The last postseason home victory for the Tigers came during the 2003 season in which the Tigers ousted Ball State in a second round WNIT matchup at the Hearnes Center.
- Tonight's 60-58 loss marks the 10th meeting in school history between these two teams. The Tigers are now 8-2 against the Panthers of Eastern Illinois. As the Tigers continue to show progress under Head Coach Robin Pingeton, Mizzou concludes the season with the most wins (17) in a season since the 2006-2007 season and the most under Pingeton, now in her third season.
- Center Liz Smith continued her strong senior campaign with a team high eight rebounds. She also had an impressive offensive performance (nine points on 4-of-11 shooting).
- SEC Co-Sixth Woman of the Year, Morgan Eye (first recipient in school history) knocked down another 3 three-pointer, finishing the game with 9 points. The sharp-shooting sophomore finished with 112 treys on the season - both a Mizzou and SEC record.
- The Tigers finish the season with a team total of 263 three-pointers, extending their SEC record for most treys in a season over previous holders South Carolina (248).
- All-SEC second teamer, Bri Kulas had another strong performance, finishing with 12 points and 7 rebounds.
- Sydney Crafton also had 12 points (on 6-of-9 shooting). The 5-10 senior guard finishes her career with Tigers with a strong senior campaign, finishing with 306 points on the season.
- Mizzou benefited from some very strong bench play, which has been a staple for the Tigers all season. The Tigers bench outscored their Eastern Illinois counterparts 10-5, just under their season average.
- The Tigers played strong in the paint, out rebounding Eastern Illinois 35 to 29 as well as just edging the Panthers in points in the paint (20-18). The Tigers were led in rebounding by Liz Smith, who controlled the low-block.
Women's Basketball Hands out Post-Season...
Head Coach Robin Pingeton's squad overcame several injuries to post the most wins by Mizzou since...
Morgan Eye Invited to College Three-Point...
Mizzou senior Morgan Eye has been selected to compete at the 27th annual State Farm College Slam ...
Tigers Close Season in Battle at Ann Arbor
Mizzou Women's Basketball concluded its season on Thursday night in the third round of the WNIT. ...
Tigers Look for Another Postseason Win at Michigan
The Tigers will head to Michigan to face the Wolverines for the third round of the tournament....
Eye's Hot Shooting Leads Tigers over Wildcats
The Tigers will advance to the third round of the postseason WNIT, thanks to hot shooting from...
Mizzou Heads to K-State for WNIT Round 2
Mizzou will head to Kansas State to face a former Big 12 foe on Sunday. The Tigers will look to...
Tigers Earn WNIT Win over UNI
Mizzou Women's Basketball earned its first postseason WNIT win since 2003 on Thursday night with ...
Tigers Ready for Postseason Play
The Tigers will kick off the first round of the 2015 WNIT at Northern Iowa on Thursday. The...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP