Feb. 3, 2013
Recap | Final Stats | Quotes | Photo Gallery | AP Gallery
Mizzou vs. Tennessee
• Sophomore Morgan Eye with her six three-pointers against the Lady Vols has now made 90 three-pointers on the season, tying her for most three-pointers made in a season in school history. She has now connected for 153 treys in her career and is second on the career list, behind Alyssa Hollinswho made 226 during her career.
• Mizzou defeated a Top 10 team for the first time since Jan. 23, 2010, when the Tigers beat No. 10 Baylor, 70-62.
• Junior Bri Kulas set a career-high with three steals and scored 20+ points for the fifth time as a Tiger.
• Freshman Lianna Doty had seven assists- the eighth time she has had seven or more assists in a game this season. She has 118 assists on the season, which is eight behind Erika Martin, who has the 10th highest season assist total.
• Mizzou played much better defense, creating 19 turnovers, while only getting six in the first meeting between the two schools.
• The Mizzou bench outscored the Tennessee bench 34-3, with 26 of those coming from Eye.
• Mizzou is now 13-2 at home and 3-2 in conference play inside Mizzou Arena.
• Mizzou held Tennessee to its third-lowest point total on the season.
• Mizzou shared the ball well, dishing 23 assists on 29 total buckets. The Lady Vols compiled just six assists on 23 shots made.
• With the victory the Tigers improved to 15-8 overall on the season. The 15 wins is Mizzou's best since the 2006-07 season when the team went 17-14 and advanced to the second round of the WNIT.
• Highest home attendance of the year at 4,181