Jan. 5, 2014
MIZZOU WOMEN'S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Mizzou vs. Arkansas // January 5, 2014
Mizzou Arena // Columbia, Mo.
- Mizzou falls to 12-3 overall and now is 1-1 in SEC play after its 69-66 loss to Arkansas on Sunday. Arkansas now leads the all-time series, 8-4, and has won the last three meetings. The win also improves Arkansas to 4-3 all-time when playing in Columbia.
- Bri Kulas, who came into the game averaging 20.6 points per contest over her last five, led Mizzou in the first half by scoring seven points on 2-for-4 shooting. In fact, she and Morgan Eye went 5-for-10 in the first half while the rest of the team went just 2-for-16. Kulas and Eye led Mizzou with 18 points apiece in the loss. Kulas is now averaging 20.2 points per game over her last six games and 22 per game in SEC play.
- Mizzou forced Arkansas into three shot clock violations in the first half. Mizzou also limited Arkansas to 1-of-8 shooting from 3-point range in the first. The Razorbacks came into the game shooting 43.8-percent from downtown, second-best in the NCAA and tops in the SEC. For the game, Mizzou limited Arkansas to 4-for-16 from distance in the win.
- The Tigers, as they have done all season, did a great job at the free throw line. Mizzou went 7-for-7 from the line in the first half and finished the game going 15-of-18 (83.3-percent).
- Arkansas came into Sunday's game limiting its opposition to just 44.6 points per game, a national-best, but Mizzou hung 66 on the Razorbacks. Mizzou is the first team to score 60 or more points on Arkansas this season.
- After just two ties and no lead changes in the first half, the second half was a back-and-forth affair with two ties and eight lead changes.
- Mizzou had seven blocks in the game, led by a career-high three from freshman Kayla McDowell.
- Mizzou finished the game with a season-low nine turnovers, matching its mark set against SEMO on November 21 in a 62-57 win over the in-state rival.
- Mizzou outscored Arkansas in the paint, 26-22, on Sunday.
Tigers Earn Comeback win over Gators, 66-47
The Tigers earned their first SEC win on Sunday afternoon, thanks to a 66-47 victory over Florida...
Tigers Host Gators in Blackout Game
BLACKOUT! The Tigers welcome Florida on Sunday, Jan. 11 for the annual Blackout game. Fans are...
Mizzou Falls at No. 20 Georgia
Mizzou Women's Basketball fell to 10-6 overall and 0-3 SEC on Thursday night in a 69-46 loss at...
Mizzou Heads to No. 20 Georgia for Thursday...
Morgan Eye broke Mizzou's all-time record for three pointers made en route to a 66-56 victory...
Family, Faith and Basketball
As little girls, many have dreamed of becoming a ballerina, or maybe even a doctor. But not this...
No. 17 Mississippi State Rallies Past Mizzou,...
Despite a strong defensive outing, Mizzou women's basketball fell to No. 17 Mississippi State, 53...
Mizzou Welcomes No. 17 Mississippi State in SEC...
Mizzou welcomes Mississippi State in its SEC Home Opener on Sunday, Jan. 4 in a 2 p.m. contest....
Mizzou Drops SEC Opener in Tough Contest at No....
Sophomore Jordan Frericks finished with her fifth double-double and third 20-point effort of the ...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP