Oct. 13, 2011
COLUMBIA, Mo. - After nearly a month away from Faurot Field, the Missouri football team (2-3, 0-2 Big 12) returns Saturday to host the Iowa State Cyclones (3-2, 0-2 Big 12) for Mizzou's 100th Homecoming celebration, with kickoff at 1 p.m. CT. The best source for updated game day information, including maps, traffic flow, parking, tailgating information and much more is mizzougameday.com.
- TIGER WALK - Approximately two hours and 15 minutes prior to kickoff (10:45 a.m. this Saturday), the Mizzou team will arrive via bus at the Mizzou Athletics Training Complex. Don't miss the opportunity to join in on this game day tradition that has become a fan favorite and welcome the team and coaches as they cross the Tiger Walk Bridge, spanning Providence Road, and walk down behind the stadium to their locker room.
- WEAR GOLD - All fans are encouraged to wear gold to all of the Tigers' games, with the exception of the annual Blackout game. The Tiger Team Store, located on the North concourse of Memorial Stadium, has plenty of gold-colored merchandise on sale, with the store opening at 8 a.m. on Saturday. Additionally, the Tiger Team Store located in the lobby of Mizzou Arena will be open on Saturday from 9 a.m. until kickoff.
- PARKING INFORMATION - Parking lots will open at 8 a.m. on Saturday. For information on general public parking, visit mizzougameday.com. Tailgating tents should not exceed 10'x10' and may not be set up prior to Saturday when the parking lots open. RV lots will open at 6 p.m. on Friday evening. Fans can park in any general public lot during any home game this season for $20.
- RV AND CHARTER BUS LOTS: Please note that RV and Charter Bus passes (Lots O-RV and X-RV) are SOLD OUT for both this weekend's contest against Iowa State and next weekend'
- REOPENED LOTS - For the first time this season, Monk Drive and the VA Hospital Fan Friendly Lot will be open and available for parking, adding a ton of general parking near the stadium. Fans can park in either of these lots for $20.
- HOMECOMING PARADE - The 100th celebration of Homecoming will kick off on Saturday morning with the annual parade, beginning at 8:30 a.m. Click here for a look at the parade route. For more information on all of the Homecoming activities, including Campus Decorations on Friday night, visit mizzou.com.
- ARRIVE EARLY - Due to the large crowd that is expected, fans are encouraged to arrive early and make plans to enter the stadium early. Long lines can form outside of the stadium just before kickoff, and with security checks of bags, it can take awhile to get into the stadium. The gates of Memorial Stadium will open at 11:30 a.m. The ticket offices at both Faurot Field and Mizzou Arena will open at 9 a.m. All Will Call will be located at the Faurot Field Ticket Office.
- WATCH ONLINE - Thanks to a special exemption granted to the University of Missouri by the Big 12 Conference and Big 12 television partners, Mizzou will be able to stream its 2011 Homecoming game against Iowa State University online this Saturday, Oct. 15th. The event will be historic in nature, in that it will mark the first-ever live streaming of a Tiger football game, allowing fans who can't make the game in person the opportunity to watch online. The game, set for a 1:07 p.m. (central time) kickoff, will be streamed live exclusively to Mizzou All-Access subscribers at no extra cost. Non-subscribers can view the game for $9.95, which is the cost of one month of All-Access membership ($79.95 annually). The Mizzou football webcast is just one of hundreds of premium and free videos available at mutigers.tv.
- TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE - Fans who haven't purchased their tickets yet still have the opportunity to do so, as great seats are still available for this contest. A limited number of tickets remain, including general admission hillside seats for $32. Fans can order via phone at 1-800-CAT-PAWS, online at mutigers.com and ticketmaster.com, or at the Mizzou Arena Ticket Office.
- MEN'S BASKETBALL OPEN PRACTICE - The Mizzou men's basketball team will hold an open practice at Mizzou Arena, starting at 9 a.m. on Saturday. The public is invited to watch practice by entering at the North Entrance of Mizzou Arena.
- ROMP, CHOMP AND STOMP TAILGATE - Gather with thousands of students and alumni as we celebrate the centennial of Homecoming by rejuvenating a lost tradition from the 1950s. Enjoy live entertainment, a spirit rally, food and drinks. Cost is $10 for adults and free for children 10 and under. Download a map of the tailgate, parade route and parking locations. Purchase your tickets online HERE.
- VOLLEYBALL VS. TEXAS TECH - The Mizzou Volleyball team will host Texas Tech at the Hearnes Center at 5 p.m. on Saturday. Fans are invited to cheer on the Tigers following the football game. Admission to the match is free.
- MIZZOU STATS APPLICATION - For the second straight year, fans will be able to use their iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to get updated stats and information throughout the game. Developed by TapStats, the application provides real-time stats to fans for all Tiger home games in football and men's and women's basketball. The application, which is the same system utilized in the Memorial Stadium Press Box, is available at the iTunes application store for $4.99. Fans with iTunes already installed on their computers, iPads, iPhones or iPods can click here to view the application.
- GAME DAY TEXTING SYSTEM - Fans who have an issue or concern within Memorial Stadium on game day are encouraged to utilize the game day text messaging system. By texting "MIZFAN (space) issue and location" to 51234, the appropriate personnel will be dispatched to aid in resolving the issue in a timely manner. The system is primarily for facility, security or medical issues. Standard text messaging rates apply.
- BE LOUD, BE RESPECTFUL, BE RESPONSIBLE - Fans make a difference for the team when they're loud, and they are encouraged to continue to help make `The Zou' one of the toughest places in which to play for opponents. Along with that, fans are always expected to be respectful of visitors and those around them and to be responsible with their actions.
- MIZZOU FAN FEEDBACK FORUM - Have a question about Mizzou Athletics, or an opinion to share about an experience at a Tiger home game? Fans are invited to share these with the Athletic Department by visiting mutigers.com, and clicking on the "Fan Forum Feedback" button, located on the front page, to let us know what you think. You may also email any comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. After each game the most common fan questions are noted and addressed.
- NEW MIZZOUGAMEDAY.COM - Fans can get all of the information they need to attend a Tiger Football game in Memorial Stadium by going to the new and improved mizzougameday.com. Everything from parking and tailgating information to maps and Mizzou traditions can be found in that one convenient location. After the game, submit your favorite game day photos for a chance to win autographed memorabilia. Follow us on Twitter @mizzougameday for up to the minute parking, traffic and game day information.
- FOLLOW MIZZOU ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER - Fans can share their experience, including photos and video, of their day at `The Zou' on Mizzou's page on Facebook. For more frequent updates, including text messages to you phone, fans can follow the Tigers on Twitter. Fans can also get updated play-by-play by following the Mizzou Game Day account, @MIZLive. For real-time information on traffic, parking and other happenings around Faurot Field, follow @MizzouGameday.
- MIZZOU PRIDE POINTS - Remember our Pride Points that encompass all of the above:
- Wear Gold
- Be Responsible
- Arrive Early/Stay Late
- Celebrate Our Traditions
- Respect The Game
|Friday, 6:00 p.m.||O-RV & X-RV Lots Open - SOLD OUT|
|7:00 a.m.||O-RV & X-RV/Bus Open - SOLD OUT|
|8:00 a.m.||Donor Parking Lots/General Public/Accessible Lots Open
Tiger Team Store Opens @ Memorial Stadium
|8:30 a.m.||Homecoming Parade Begins|
|9:00 a.m.||Ticket Office Opens at Faurot Field and Mizzou Arena
Faurot Field - Will Call
Mizzou Arena - Future Sales
Tiger Team Store Opens @ Mizzou Arena
|9:00-11:00 a.m.||Men's Basketball Open Practice @ Mizzou Arena|
|10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.||Romp, Chomp & Stomp Tailgate|
|10:45 a.m||Tiger Walk - Faurot Field West Parking Lot|
|11:00 a.m.||Press Box opens for Suite/Tiger Lounge ticket holders|
|11:30 a.m.||Gates Open
Shuttle Service Begins in Donor Parking Lots
|11:45 a.m.||Band/Spirit performance on the east side of the Hearnes Center|
|12:45 p.m.||Pregame Show Begins on Field
Marching Mizzou & Alumni Band
|1:03 p.m.||Mizzou Takes the Field|
|1:07 p.m.||Kickoff! Beat the Cyclones!|
|5:00 p.m.||Missouri Volleyball vs. Texas Tech
FREE ADMISSION FOR ALL FANS!
Phil Pitts Joins Football Coaching Staff
Former University of Missouri defensive lineman Phil Pitts has joined the Mizzou Football staff...
Mizzou's Shane Ray Declares for the NFL Draft
Mizzou junior consensus All-American DE Shane Ray announced today (Jan. 7) that he will forgo his...
Mizzou Athletics Hall of Fame Date Changed
The induction date for the University of Missouri Athletics Hall of Fame Class of 2014 has been...
Golden, Murphy Lead Tigers to BWW Citrus Bowl...
Markus Golden earned MVP honors, and the tandem of Marcus Murphy and Russell Hansbrough helped...
Gameday FootBlog: #CitrusBowl
Defying most all pre-season expectations, the Mizzou Tigers are returning to a New Year's Day...
LONGFORM: Back-to-Back: The 2014 Season in Review
362 days after capping a storybook season, the Tigers are back where they started: SEC East...
Citrus Bowl Update: Coach Pinkel Meets the Media
Mizzou head coach Gary Pinkel met the media Wednesday morning (Dec. 31) at the Hyatt Regency...
Mizzou Athletics Donates Citrus Bowl Tickets to...
The Mizzou Department of Athletics and Assistant Athletic Director Brent Lewis took the time...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP