Sept. 1, 2011
COLUMBIA, Mo. - The No. 21 Missouri Tigers open up the 2011 football season with a matchup against Miami (Ohio) on Saturday. Kickoff at Faurot Field is scheduled for an 11 a.m. start time and will be televised on Fox Sports Net. The best source for updated game day information, including maps, traffic flow, parking, tailgating information and much more is mizzougameday.com.
- TIGER WALK - Approximately two hours and 15 minutes prior to kickoff (8:45 a.m. this Saturday), the Mizzou team will arrive via bus at the Mizzou Athletics Training Complex. Don't miss the opportunity to join in on this game day tradition that has become a fan favorite and welcome the team and coaches as they cross the Tiger Walk Bridge, spanning Providence Road, and walk down behind the stadium to their locker room.
- WEAR GOLD - All fans are encouraged to wear gold to all of the Tigers' games, with the exception of the annual Blackout game. The Tiger Team Store, located on the North concourse of Memorial Stadium, has plenty of gold-colored merchandise on sale, with the store opening at 8 a.m. on Saturday. Additionally, the Tiger Team Store located in the lobby of Mizzou Arena will be open on Saturday from 8 a.m. until kickoff.
- PARKING INFORMATION - Parking lots will open at 8 a.m. on Saturday. For information on general public parking, visit mizzougameday.com. Tailgating tents should not exceed 10'x10' and may not be set up prior to Saturday when the parking lots open. RV lots will open at 6 p.m. on Friday evening. Fans can park in any general public lot during any home game this season for $20.
- CLOSED LOTS: Please note - the VA Hospital Fan Friendly Lot and Monk Drive will be closed until further notice due to construction. Please check mizzougameday.com for alternate routes to General Public Garage No. 7 and Donor Parking - Lot X.
- ARRIVE EARLY - Due to the large crowd that is expected, fans are encouraged to arrive early and make plans to enter the stadium early. Long lines can form outside of the stadium just before kickoff, and with security checks of bags, it can take awhile to get into the stadium. The gates of Memorial Stadium will open at 9:30 a.m. The ticket offices at both Faurot Field and Mizzou Arena will open at 7 a.m. All Will Call will be located at the Faurot Field Ticket Office.
- TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE - Fans who haven't purchased their tickets yet still have the opportunity to do so, as many great seats are still available for the season opener. Fans can purchase reserved seats for $47 or general admission hillside seats for $23. Additionally, the Kick-Off Four-Pack is still available through Friday, allowing fans to be able to purchase four South end zone tickets for just $100, a savings of $88 off the regular price. Fans can order via phone at 1-800-CAT-PAWS, online at mutigers.com and ticketmaster.com, or at the Mizzou Arena Ticket Office.
- MIZZOU STATS APPLICATION - For the second straight year, fans will be able to use their iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to get updated stats and information throughout the game. Developed by TapStats, the application provides real-time stats to fans for all Tiger home games in football and men's and women's basketball. The application, which is the same system utilized in the Memorial Stadium Press Box, is available at the iTunes application store for $4.99. Fans with iTunes already installed on their computers, iPads, iPhones or iPods can click here to view the application.
- GAME DAY TEXTING SYSTEM - Fans who have an issue or concern within Memorial Stadium on game day are encouraged to utilize the game day text messaging system. By texting "MIZFAN (space) issue and location" to 51234, the appropriate personnel will be dispatched to aid in resolving the issue in a timely manner. The system is primarily for facility, security or medical issues. Standard text messaging rates apply.
- BE LOUD, BE RESPECTFUL, BE RESPONSIBLE - Fans make a difference for the team when they're loud, and they are encouraged to continue to help make `The Zou' one of the toughest places in which to play for opponents. Along with that, fans are always expected to be respectful of visitors and those around them and to be responsible with their actions.
- MIZZOU FAN FEEDBACK FORUM - Have a question about Mizzou Athletics, or an opinion to share about an experience at a Tiger home game? Fans are invited to share these with the Athletic Department by visiting mutigers.com, and clicking on the "Fan Forum Feedback" button, located on the front page, to let us know what you think. You may also email any comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. After each game the most common fan questions are noted and addressed.
- NEW MIZZOUGAMEDAY.COM - Fans can get all of the information they need to attend a Tiger Football game in Memorial Stadium by going to the new and improved mizzougameday.com. Everything from parking and tailgating information to maps and Mizzou traditions can be found in that one convenient location. After the game, submit your favorite game day photos for a chance to win autographed memorabilia. Follow us on Twitter @mizzougameday for up to the minute parking, traffic and game day information.
- FOLLOW MIZZOU ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER - Fans can share their experience, including photos and video, of their day at `The Zou' on Mizzou's page on Facebook. For more frequent updates, including text messages to you phone, fans can follow the Tigers on Twitter. Fans can also get updated play-by-play by following the Mizzou Game Day account, @MIZLive. For real-time information on traffic, parking and other happenings around Faurot Field, follow @MizzouGameday.
- MIZZOU PRIDE POINTS - Remember our Pride Points that encompass all of the above:
- Wear Gold
- Be Responsible
- Arrive Early/Stay Late
- Celebrate Our Traditions
- Respect The Game
Mizzou's Pinkel Inducted Into MAC Hall of Fame
The Mid-American Conference will induct its 2015 Hall of Fame Class on Wednesday (May 27) and...
Sasser, Murphy Taken In Day Three of NFL Draft
Adding their names to the annals of Mizzou NFL Draft history today were WR Bud Sasser (Denton,...
Mizzou's Morse, Golden Selected in Second Round...
Mizzou football's Mitch Morse (Austin, Texas) and Markus Golden (St. Louis, Mo.) were both...
Mizzou's Shane Ray Drafted 23rd Overall by ...
Mizzou junior defensive end and reigning SEC Defensive Player of the Year Shane Ray (Kansas City,...
Mizzou Football 15-Hour Sale Set for May 5
Beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday (May 5), fans of the back-to-back SEC East Champion Mizzou...
Mizzou, Pinkel Agree to New Contract Terms
The amended contract will keep Gary Pinkel on the Mizzou sideline through Dec. 31, 2021. Already ...
Tigers Impress at Annual Spring Football Game
The starting units for the Mizzou Football team (Mizzou1) scored 10 consecutive points right...
Mizzou Football Spring Game Fan Primer
The Mizzou Tiger football team will hold its annual Black & Gold Spring Game on Saturday,...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP