Faurot Field/Memorial Stadium
Aug 29, 2013
COLUMBIA, Mo. - Mizzou Football opens the 2013 season vs. Murray State at home inside Memorial Stadium at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 31, with projected temperatures into the upper 90s. Fans planning to attend the season-opener for the Tigers' second campaign in the Southeastern Conference are asked to take note of several precautionary measures and guidelines from Mizzou Athletics.
Faurot Field/Memorial Stadium will be ready for the heat with water jugs and misting stations positioned throughout concourses for fans in need of relief from the high temperatures. Additionally, fans will be allowed to bring one unopened, factory sealed bottle of water through the stadium's gates. Empty bottles (no glass) are also permitted for use at drinking fountains or water jug stations.
General guidelines for high-temperature days
- Wear loose-fitting clothing and a hat
- Use sunscreen of at least 30 SPF - repeat application periodically
- Seek shade if you begin to feel dizzy
- Drink plenty of fluids such as water and isotonic drinks - be sure to include these on your tailgate shopping lists!
- Avoid excessive consumption of alcohol
- Go immediately to a First Aid station, or notify the nearest event personnel if you need help
Mizzou will provide the following amenities to fans for the season opener against Murray State
- Stadium concession stands will be stocked with twice as much bottled water as usual
- Courtesy cups of ice will be available for fans needing to cool down once gates open
- Water jugs will be spread throughout the east and west concourse for fans in need of hydration once gates open
- One (1) unopened, factory sealed bottle of water is permitted to enter the stadium
- guests are also permitted to bring empty bottles (no glass bottles) to utilize at drinking fountains and our water stations
- Misting stations will be setup inside the stadium on the north concourse
- Event personnel, uniformed officers and EMS will be on the lookout for fans in heat distress
Remember our Pride Points:
-Arrive Early/Stay Late
-Celebrate our Traditions
-Respect the Game
And additionally for this weekend: beat the heat!
Mizzou, Pinkel Agree to New Contract Terms
The amended contract will keep Gary Pinkel on the Mizzou sideline through Dec. 31, 2021. Already ...
Tigers Impress at Annual Spring Football Game
The starting units for the Mizzou Football team (Mizzou1) scored 10 consecutive points right...
Mizzou Football Spring Game Fan Primer
The Mizzou Tiger football team will hold its annual Black & Gold Spring Game on Saturday,...
Mizzou Football Continues To Excel With Help Of...
Mizzou football coaches and athletic performance staff members had been utilizing an up-and-comin...
Defense Claims Initial Spring Scrimmage, 27-3
The ball-hawking defense came up with seven interceptions on Saturday, including a pair by junior...
Mizzou, Idaho Announce 2017 Football Game
The University of Missouri and University of Idaho football programs have agreed to a single game...
MizzouMade Tigers Shine in NFL Pro Day
Showing off their talents today included such Tigers as: Christian Brinser, David Butler, Markus ...
Spring Football Gets Underway
Head Coach Gary Pinkel and his team went through the paces of a 2-1/2 hour workout in shorts and ...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP