Faurot Field/Memorial Stadium
Aug 29, 2013
COLUMBIA, Mo. - Mizzou Football opens the 2013 season vs. Murray State at home inside Memorial Stadium at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 31, with projected temperatures into the upper 90s. Fans planning to attend the season-opener for the Tigers' second campaign in the Southeastern Conference are asked to take note of several precautionary measures and guidelines from Mizzou Athletics.
Faurot Field/Memorial Stadium will be ready for the heat with water jugs and misting stations positioned throughout concourses for fans in need of relief from the high temperatures. Additionally, fans will be allowed to bring one unopened, factory sealed bottle of water through the stadium's gates. Empty bottles (no glass) are also permitted for use at drinking fountains or water jug stations.
General guidelines for high-temperature days
- Wear loose-fitting clothing and a hat
- Use sunscreen of at least 30 SPF - repeat application periodically
- Seek shade if you begin to feel dizzy
- Drink plenty of fluids such as water and isotonic drinks - be sure to include these on your tailgate shopping lists!
- Avoid excessive consumption of alcohol
- Go immediately to a First Aid station, or notify the nearest event personnel if you need help
Mizzou will provide the following amenities to fans for the season opener against Murray State
- Stadium concession stands will be stocked with twice as much bottled water as usual
- Courtesy cups of ice will be available for fans needing to cool down once gates open
- Water jugs will be spread throughout the east and west concourse for fans in need of hydration once gates open
- One (1) unopened, factory sealed bottle of water is permitted to enter the stadium
- guests are also permitted to bring empty bottles (no glass bottles) to utilize at drinking fountains and our water stations
- Misting stations will be setup inside the stadium on the north concourse
- Event personnel, uniformed officers and EMS will be on the lookout for fans in heat distress
Remember our Pride Points:
-Arrive Early/Stay Late
-Celebrate our Traditions
-Respect the Game
And additionally for this weekend: beat the heat!
2015 National Signing Day Central
National Signing Day is Wednesday, and the official website of Mizzou Athletics will provide the ...
Mizzou-Eastern Michigan Agree to Two-Game...
The University of Missouri and Eastern Michigan University have agreed to a two-game football...
Mizzou Football Recruiting Reception Set For...
The Mizzou department of athletics and Mizzou football have announced that the annual National...
Phil Pitts Joins Football Coaching Staff
Former University of Missouri defensive lineman Phil Pitts has joined the Mizzou Football staff...
Mizzou's Shane Ray Declares for the NFL Draft
Mizzou junior consensus All-American DE Shane Ray announced today (Jan. 7) that he will forgo his...
Mizzou Athletics Hall of Fame Date Changed
The induction date for the University of Missouri Athletics Hall of Fame Class of 2014 has been...
Golden, Murphy Lead Tigers to BWW Citrus Bowl...
Markus Golden earned MVP honors, and the tandem of Marcus Murphy and Russell Hansbrough helped...
Gameday FootBlog: #CitrusBowl
Defying most all pre-season expectations, the Mizzou Tigers are returning to a New Year's Day...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP