Faurot Field/Memorial Stadium
Aug 29, 2013
COLUMBIA, Mo. - Mizzou Football opens the 2013 season vs. Murray State at home inside Memorial Stadium at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 31, with projected temperatures into the upper 90s. Fans planning to attend the season-opener for the Tigers' second campaign in the Southeastern Conference are asked to take note of several precautionary measures and guidelines from Mizzou Athletics.
Faurot Field/Memorial Stadium will be ready for the heat with water jugs and misting stations positioned throughout concourses for fans in need of relief from the high temperatures. Additionally, fans will be allowed to bring one unopened, factory sealed bottle of water through the stadium's gates. Empty bottles (no glass) are also permitted for use at drinking fountains or water jug stations.
General guidelines for high-temperature days
- Wear loose-fitting clothing and a hat
- Use sunscreen of at least 30 SPF - repeat application periodically
- Seek shade if you begin to feel dizzy
- Drink plenty of fluids such as water and isotonic drinks - be sure to include these on your tailgate shopping lists!
- Avoid excessive consumption of alcohol
- Go immediately to a First Aid station, or notify the nearest event personnel if you need help
Mizzou will provide the following amenities to fans for the season opener against Murray State
- Stadium concession stands will be stocked with twice as much bottled water as usual
- Courtesy cups of ice will be available for fans needing to cool down once gates open
- Water jugs will be spread throughout the east and west concourse for fans in need of hydration once gates open
- One (1) unopened, factory sealed bottle of water is permitted to enter the stadium
- guests are also permitted to bring empty bottles (no glass bottles) to utilize at drinking fountains and our water stations
- Misting stations will be setup inside the stadium on the north concourse
- Event personnel, uniformed officers and EMS will be on the lookout for fans in heat distress
Remember our Pride Points:
-Arrive Early/Stay Late
-Celebrate our Traditions
-Respect the Game
And additionally for this weekend: beat the heat!
Mitch Morse named SEC Community Service Player ...
Mizzou Football senior offensive lineman Mitch Morse (Austin, Texas) is the Southeastern...
Marcus Murphy, Shane Ray Win Weekly SEC Honors
Senior TB/KR Marcus Murphy and junior DE Shane Ray were named the SEC's Special Teams Player of...
Winslow Recognized in 2014 SEC Football Legends...
The Southeastern Conference 2014 Football Legends Class was recently announced and in its 14-memb...
Mizzou Calls for Fans to “Tiger Stripe&rd...
The theme of Mizzou’s 103rd Homecoming celebration is “Celebrating our Stripes&rdquo...
Murphy, Defense Lead Tigers to 42-13 Demolition...
Marcus Murphy set a school record with his sixth and seventh career returns for touchdowns, and...
Reserved Ticket Four-Pack Available for...
Mizzou Athletics has announced the sale of a Four Pack ticket special for two upcoming home...
Gameday FootBlog: #MIZZvsUF
The Tigers try to extend their seven-game road winning streak tonight at "The Swamp". Come join...
Tag Yourself in the Gold Rush Interactive Panorama
Mizzou fans can find and tag themselves in an ultra high-resolution panorama from the October 11 ...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP