Faurot Field/Memorial Stadium
Aug 29, 2013
COLUMBIA, Mo. - Mizzou Football opens the 2013 season vs. Murray State at home inside Memorial Stadium at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 31, with projected temperatures into the upper 90s. Fans planning to attend the season-opener for the Tigers' second campaign in the Southeastern Conference are asked to take note of several precautionary measures and guidelines from Mizzou Athletics.
Faurot Field/Memorial Stadium will be ready for the heat with water jugs and misting stations positioned throughout concourses for fans in need of relief from the high temperatures. Additionally, fans will be allowed to bring one unopened, factory sealed bottle of water through the stadium's gates. Empty bottles (no glass) are also permitted for use at drinking fountains or water jug stations.
General guidelines for high-temperature days
- Wear loose-fitting clothing and a hat
- Use sunscreen of at least 30 SPF - repeat application periodically
- Seek shade if you begin to feel dizzy
- Drink plenty of fluids such as water and isotonic drinks - be sure to include these on your tailgate shopping lists!
- Avoid excessive consumption of alcohol
- Go immediately to a First Aid station, or notify the nearest event personnel if you need help
Mizzou will provide the following amenities to fans for the season opener against Murray State
- Stadium concession stands will be stocked with twice as much bottled water as usual
- Courtesy cups of ice will be available for fans needing to cool down once gates open
- Water jugs will be spread throughout the east and west concourse for fans in need of hydration once gates open
- One (1) unopened, factory sealed bottle of water is permitted to enter the stadium
- guests are also permitted to bring empty bottles (no glass bottles) to utilize at drinking fountains and our water stations
- Misting stations will be setup inside the stadium on the north concourse
- Event personnel, uniformed officers and EMS will be on the lookout for fans in heat distress
Remember our Pride Points:
-Arrive Early/Stay Late
-Celebrate our Traditions
-Respect the Game
And additionally for this weekend: beat the heat!
Citrus Bowl Update: Coach Pinkel Meets the Media
Mizzou head coach Gary Pinkel met the media Wednesday morning (Dec. 31) at the Hyatt Regency...
Mizzou Athletics Donates Citrus Bowl Tickets to...
The Mizzou Department of Athletics and Assistant Athletic Director Brent Lewis took the time...
Citrus Bowl Practice Report: Final Practice,...
It was a busy day for the Mizzou football team on Tuesday (Dec. 30) as it held its final practice...
Mizzou and Minnesota Battle for Citrus Bowl...
Defying most all pre-season expectations, the Mizzou Tigers are returning to a New Year's Day...
Barry Odom Named Defensive Coordinator
University of Missouri Head Coach Gary Pinkel has tabbed former Mizzou player and coach Barry...
Kuligowski Earns Defensive Line Coach of the...
Mizzou football defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski earned National Defensive Line Coach of the...
Daniel, Maclin, Coffman Headline Hall of Fame...
Six outstanding former University of Missouri student-athletes have been selected for induction ...
FWAA Gives Mizzou's Shane Ray His Fourth...
Just hours after being named a First Team All-American by both the American Football Coaches...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP