Faurot Field/Memorial Stadium
Aug 29, 2013
COLUMBIA, Mo. - Mizzou Football opens the 2013 season vs. Murray State at home inside Memorial Stadium at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 31, with projected temperatures into the upper 90s. Fans planning to attend the season-opener for the Tigers' second campaign in the Southeastern Conference are asked to take note of several precautionary measures and guidelines from Mizzou Athletics.
Faurot Field/Memorial Stadium will be ready for the heat with water jugs and misting stations positioned throughout concourses for fans in need of relief from the high temperatures. Additionally, fans will be allowed to bring one unopened, factory sealed bottle of water through the stadium's gates. Empty bottles (no glass) are also permitted for use at drinking fountains or water jug stations.
General guidelines for high-temperature days
- Wear loose-fitting clothing and a hat
- Use sunscreen of at least 30 SPF - repeat application periodically
- Seek shade if you begin to feel dizzy
- Drink plenty of fluids such as water and isotonic drinks - be sure to include these on your tailgate shopping lists!
- Avoid excessive consumption of alcohol
- Go immediately to a First Aid station, or notify the nearest event personnel if you need help
Mizzou will provide the following amenities to fans for the season opener against Murray State
- Stadium concession stands will be stocked with twice as much bottled water as usual
- Courtesy cups of ice will be available for fans needing to cool down once gates open
- Water jugs will be spread throughout the east and west concourse for fans in need of hydration once gates open
- One (1) unopened, factory sealed bottle of water is permitted to enter the stadium
- guests are also permitted to bring empty bottles (no glass bottles) to utilize at drinking fountains and our water stations
- Misting stations will be setup inside the stadium on the north concourse
- Event personnel, uniformed officers and EMS will be on the lookout for fans in heat distress
Remember our Pride Points:
-Arrive Early/Stay Late
-Celebrate our Traditions
-Respect the Game
And additionally for this weekend: beat the heat!
Pinkel, Ray, Murphy Win SEC Individual Awards
The Mizzou Football program earned quite a bounty of individual awards today as the Southeastern ...
Ray, Murphy Earn 1st-Team All-SEC Honors from...
The Southeastern Conference released its coaches' 2014 All-Southeastern Conference football team ...
Ray Named AP's SEC Defensive Player of Year
Another year of Mizzou Football, another defensive player of the year honor for a Tiger. For the...
Mizzou Chosen for Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl
The University of Missouri has accepted an invitation for its football team to play in the...
No. 1 Alabama Wins SEC Title, 42-13
Jimmie Hunt's career-high 169 receiving yards weren't enough to overcome a diverse offensive...
Gameday FootBlog: #SECATL
The Tigers and Crimson Tide kick off at 3 p.m. CT on CBS. Come join us on the blog!
SEC Championship Central
In just their third year in the Southeastern Conference, the No. 13/14 Missouri Tigers (10-2...
SEC Championship Press Conference
First of all, I'd like to just say a comment about Commissioner Slive. I've been in the league...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP