|South Dakota State||Memorial Stadium / Faurot Field||Saturday / 2:30 pm CT|
|Game Media||ESPNU | WatchESPN | GameTracker | Live Audio | Live Stats|
|SDSU Prep||Tickets | Fan Info: MizzouGameday.com|
|Monday: Game Notes | Depth Chart | Pinkel Press Conference | Quotes|
|Tuesday: Fan Primer Infographic|
LET'S GET IT STARTED
The 24th-ranked Mizzou Tigers open up the 2014 season this Saturday afternoon when they take on the South Dakota State Jackrabbits of the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS). Kickoff for the game is set for 2:32 p.m. (central time), with the game being televised nationally on ESPNU.
The Tigers are looking to follow up an amazing 2013 season that saw them rise from the ranks of an afterthought to post a 12-2 record, complete with a Southeastern Conference Eastern Division championship, a Cotton Bowl championship, and a national ranking of fifth in the final polls.
South Dakota State is coming off of a 9-5 season in 2013 that saw them reach the second round of the FCS playoffs. The Jackrabbits played at Nebraska last season, falling to the Cornhuskers by a 59-20 score. This will be the second-straight season that SDSU has played a game on Missouri soil, as they played at Missouri State last year, dropping a 35-21 decision in Springfield, Mo. Former Mizzou QB Ashton Glaser led the Missouri State win, as he threw for two touchdowns and ran for a third in his first start that year.
Saturday will mark the first-ever meeting between Mizzou and SDSU.
MIZZOU VERSUS THE FCS
- Mizzou is a pristine 13-0 all-time against opponents from the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS)...
- Head Coach Gary Pinkel is 10-0 against FCS foes in his 13 previous years at Mizzou, with the average score being 50.5-to-7.5 (505-to-75 overall combined score)...
MIZZOU IN SEASON OPENERS
- In its previous 123 seasons of play, Mizzou stands 79-39-5 all-time in season-opening games (66.3%)...
- Mizzou has won 12 consecutive season openers, and 16-of-17 dating back to 1997...
MIZZOU IN HOME OPENERS
- Mizzou holds an 88-31-4 all-time record (73.2%) in 123 previous home openers. Included in that figure is a mark of 58-27-3 (67.6%) in home openers since 1926, the year that Memorial Stadium opened...
- Since the field was named Faurot Field in 1972, Mizzou's home opener record is 31-11 (73.8%).
Reserved Ticket Four-Pack Available for...
Mizzou Athletics has announced the sale of a Four Pack ticket special for two upcoming home...
Gameday FootBlog: #MIZZvsUF
The Tigers try to extend their seven-game road winning streak tonight at "The Swamp". Come join...
Tag Yourself in the Gold Rush Interactive Panorama
Mizzou fans can find and tag themselves in an ultra high-resolution panorama from the October 11 ...
Mizzou Looks to Continue Road Success at Florida
The Missouri Tigers (4-2 overall, 1-1 in Southeastern Conference play) hit the road for a...
Mizzou's Ray Added to Bednarik Award Watch List
Mizzou Football junior DE Shane Ray (Kansas City, Mo.) has been added to the watch list for the...
Mizzou Football 2015 Schedule Announced
The 2015 schedule for the University of Missouri football program has been released, as announced...
Mizzou Football Media Day Quotes - Oct. 13
Each Monday prior to a Mizzou Football game, head coach Gary Pinkel and Tiger players address the...
SEC Nation Plans Live Show from Missouri's...
On Saturday, Nov. 1, SEC Network's traveling pre-game show, SEC Nation, will air live from...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP