|South Dakota State||Memorial Stadium / Faurot Field||Saturday / 2:30 pm CT|
|Game Media||ESPNU | WatchESPN | GameTracker | Live Audio | Live Stats|
|SDSU Prep||Tickets | Fan Info: MizzouGameday.com|
|Monday: Game Notes | Depth Chart | Pinkel Press Conference | Quotes|
|Tuesday: Fan Primer Infographic|
LET'S GET IT STARTED
The 24th-ranked Mizzou Tigers open up the 2014 season this Saturday afternoon when they take on the South Dakota State Jackrabbits of the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS). Kickoff for the game is set for 2:32 p.m. (central time), with the game being televised nationally on ESPNU.
The Tigers are looking to follow up an amazing 2013 season that saw them rise from the ranks of an afterthought to post a 12-2 record, complete with a Southeastern Conference Eastern Division championship, a Cotton Bowl championship, and a national ranking of fifth in the final polls.
South Dakota State is coming off of a 9-5 season in 2013 that saw them reach the second round of the FCS playoffs. The Jackrabbits played at Nebraska last season, falling to the Cornhuskers by a 59-20 score. This will be the second-straight season that SDSU has played a game on Missouri soil, as they played at Missouri State last year, dropping a 35-21 decision in Springfield, Mo. Former Mizzou QB Ashton Glaser led the Missouri State win, as he threw for two touchdowns and ran for a third in his first start that year.
Saturday will mark the first-ever meeting between Mizzou and SDSU.
MIZZOU VERSUS THE FCS
- Mizzou is a pristine 13-0 all-time against opponents from the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS)...
- Head Coach Gary Pinkel is 10-0 against FCS foes in his 13 previous years at Mizzou, with the average score being 50.5-to-7.5 (505-to-75 overall combined score)...
MIZZOU IN SEASON OPENERS
- In its previous 123 seasons of play, Mizzou stands 79-39-5 all-time in season-opening games (66.3%)...
- Mizzou has won 12 consecutive season openers, and 16-of-17 dating back to 1997...
MIZZOU IN HOME OPENERS
- Mizzou holds an 88-31-4 all-time record (73.2%) in 123 previous home openers. Included in that figure is a mark of 58-27-3 (67.6%) in home openers since 1926, the year that Memorial Stadium opened...
- Since the field was named Faurot Field in 1972, Mizzou's home opener record is 31-11 (73.8%).
Pinkel, Ray, Murphy Win SEC Individual Awards
The Mizzou Football program earned quite a bounty of individual awards today as the Southeastern ...
Ray, Murphy Earn 1st-Team All-SEC Honors from...
The Southeastern Conference released its coaches' 2014 All-Southeastern Conference football team ...
Ray Named AP's SEC Defensive Player of Year
Another year of Mizzou Football, another defensive player of the year honor for a Tiger. For the...
Mizzou Chosen for Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl
The University of Missouri has accepted an invitation for its football team to play in the...
No. 1 Alabama Wins SEC Title, 42-13
Jimmie Hunt's career-high 169 receiving yards weren't enough to overcome a diverse offensive...
Gameday FootBlog: #SECATL
The Tigers and Crimson Tide kick off at 3 p.m. CT on CBS. Come join us on the blog!
SEC Championship Central
In just their third year in the Southeastern Conference, the No. 13/14 Missouri Tigers (10-2...
SEC Championship Press Conference
First of all, I'd like to just say a comment about Commissioner Slive. I've been in the league...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP