Nov. 30, 2013
- Missouri earned its first SEC East Division crown following tonight's 28-21 win against Texas A&M. The victory against the Aggies was Missouri's fourth in five tries in the series and the sixth over the last eight meetings dating back to the 2002 season. Missouri is now 6-4 all-time against Texas A&M as conference opponents. The all-time series is now 8-6 in favor of Texas A&M.
- The division title is Missouri's fourth in the last seven seasons. Missouri won at least a share of the Big 12 North crown in 2007, 2008 and 2010.
- How fitting that with the victory, Gary Pinkel now has 101 wins at Missouri, tying Don Faurot for the most in program history.
- Missouri has reached 11 wins in a season for the third time in program history and for the second time under the direction of Pinkel. The most recent season with 11 (or more) wins came in 2007 when Mizzou finished 12-2.
- Mizzou topped No. 19/21 Texas A&M to record its fourth win over a ranked opponent this year, the team's most since 2007. Missouri will have an opportunity for win No. 5 next Saturday vs. No. 4 Auburn in the SEC Championship Game in Atlanta.
- Missouri trailed at the halftime break for the first time this season. The Tigers responded by outscoring Texas A&M 21-7 over the final 30 minutes.
- Tonight's game marked Mizzou's third consecutive sellout of the year. A season-high tying 67,124 fans saw today's victory.
- Missouri recorded a turnover for the 42nd consecutive game, the longest active streak in the country. The Tigers have now forced 27 turnovers this season.
- John Gibson recovered his first career fumble in the second quarter following Morgan Steward's first career fumble forced. The fumble came after a 43-yard punt from Christian Brinser and an attempted return by Texas A&M's DeVante Harris.
- The 21 points scored by Texas A&M were the second fewest of the season. LSU limited the high-powered A&M offense to just 10 points last week and A&M had carried a streak of 13 consecutive games of scoring 40+ points before its last two contests vs. LSU and Missouri.
- FBS opponents have not scored a touchdown on their game-opening possessions against Mizzou in 2013. Three have driven for field goals (Toledo, Arkansas State, Kentucky), one ended in turnover (Ole Miss), and the rest punted. Only Murray State of the FCS scored a TD on their opening drive, as they went 59 yards following a Tiger fumble on the opening drive of the 2013 season.
- James Franklin finished his career 2-0 vs. Texas A&M as a starter. Franklin used his arm and legs to produce the division-clinching win. Tonight he threw for 233 yards and two scores and also rushed for 80 yards on 18 totes.
- For his career on the ground vs. Texas A&M, Franklin had 43 carries, 178 yards 2 TDs. Both TDs came in 2011 when he rushed 24 times for 97 yards in the overtime win in College Station.
- Henry Josey broke a 57-yard run in the fourth quarter to help propel the Tigers to the win. The 57-yarder was his third score of 50+ yards on the ground this season. Josey finished the game with 96 yards and that score and has 2,556 career rushing yards, sixth in school history. He is just 51 yards shy of the Top 5 in school history in rushing yards (Darrell Wallace, '84-87, 2,607 yards).
- With those numbers, Missouri continues to be very balanced in getting into the endzone this year. The Tigers have 31 rushing scores and 27 passing.
- Marcus Murphy got loose for his longest punt return of the season, a 31-yarder in the third quarter. His previous long this season was 17 yards.
- Michael Sam and Matt Hoch shared a sack in the second quarter and the sack pushed Sam's season total to 10.5, tying him with Stryker Sulak for third all-time in a season at Missouri. The single season record is 11.5 by Aldon Smith in 2009. Justin Smith is second with 11 in 2000.
- Dorial Green-Beckham recorded his 10th touchdown of the season, which is tied for the third most in single-season history. He is tied with Chase Coffman (2008), Sean Coffey (2004) and L'Damian Washington (2013) for third on that list. Danario Alexander holds the single-season record with 14 in 2009 and Jeremy Maclin had 13 in 2008.
- The 38-yard grab marked the seventh TD catch of 30+ yards this season by Mizzou and was the second by Green-Beckham.
- Missouri's 94-yard scoring drive to tie the game in the second quarter was the club's third drive of 90+ yards this year. The Tigers also had a 94-yard drive against Arkansas State and a 98-yarder vs. South Carolina.
- Markus Golden recorded a tackle-for-loss in his 10th consecutive game. He recorded a second-quarter sack of Johnny Manziel. Golden now has 6.5 sacks on the season, tied with Kony Ealy for second on the squad.
- Mizzou has received the game-opening kick in 10-of-12 games this season after A&M won the toss and elected to receive tonight. The only other game in which Mizzou kicked to open the game was against South Carolina. In game-opening possessions, Mizzou has scored 3 touchdowns (at Vanderbilt, vs. Florida and at Ole Miss), 1 field goal (vs. Toledo), committed 3 turnovers (vs. Murray State, at Indiana and vs. South Carolina) and punted the other 5 times.
- L'Damian Washington also found the endzone for the 10th time this season with a five-yard scoring grab from Franklin in the third-quarter. The 10 TD grabs are a career high and twice as many as the five career TD receptions he recorded in his first three years.
- The 10 touchdown receptions by both Green-Beckham and Washington marks the second time in Mizzou history the Tigers have two players with 10+ TD catches. Jeremy Maclin (13) and Chase Coffman (10) also accomplished the feat in 2008. Washington and Green-Beckham both have 15 career scoring grabs.
- The Mizzou secondary did an outstanding job on Texas A&M wide receiver Mike Evans. Evans was limited to a season-low eight yards on four catches. The four grabs also tied a season low.
Mitch Morse named SEC Community Service Player ...
Mizzou Football senior offensive lineman Mitch Morse (Austin, Texas) is the Southeastern...
Marcus Murphy, Shane Ray Win Weekly SEC Honors
Senior TB/KR Marcus Murphy and junior DE Shane Ray were named the SEC's Special Teams Player of...
Winslow Recognized in 2014 SEC Football Legends...
The Southeastern Conference 2014 Football Legends Class was recently announced and in its 14-memb...
Mizzou Calls for Fans to “Tiger Stripe&rd...
The theme of Mizzou’s 103rd Homecoming celebration is “Celebrating our Stripes&rdquo...
Murphy, Defense Lead Tigers to 42-13 Demolition...
Marcus Murphy set a school record with his sixth and seventh career returns for touchdowns, and...
Reserved Ticket Four-Pack Available for...
Mizzou Athletics has announced the sale of a Four Pack ticket special for two upcoming home...
Gameday FootBlog: #MIZZvsUF
The Tigers try to extend their seven-game road winning streak tonight at "The Swamp". Come join...
Tag Yourself in the Gold Rush Interactive Panorama
Mizzou fans can find and tag themselves in an ultra high-resolution panorama from the October 11 ...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP