Nov. 26, 2011
|3rd Down Conv.||4-14||3-16|
|4th Down Conv.||0-0||2-4|
|Kick Return Yards||3-31||4-28|
|Punt Return Yards||2-11||1-6|
|Time of Possession||31:21||28:39|
|Mizzou - Franklin||14-22||187||2||3|
|Mizzou - Lawrence||17||63||1||9|
|Kansas - Sims
|Mizzou - Jackson||3||46||0||22|
|Kansas - Pierson||2||31||0||16|
- Mizzou improved to 57-54-9 alltime vs. Kansas with the win. Mizzou has now won 3 straight games against Kansas for the first time since a three-game win streak from 1986-88...
- Mizzou improved to 16-4 in games in the month of November since 2007...
- Mizzou scored 24 unanswered points after trailing by a 10-0 count in the 2nd quarter, to improve to 7-5 on the season. The Tiger defense held Kansas to only 137 yards of offense, which was four yards fewer than in 2010, when KU had a 141-yard output in a 35-7 Tiger win...
- Mizzou received the opening kick as Kansas won the toss and deferred, marking the 8th time this season MU has taken the game-opening possession. Mizzou went 3-and-out, and the Tigers have now scored on only one of those game-opening possessions (Iowa State)...
- Mizzou got an interception on KU's 2nd drive when DT Dominique Hamilton deflected a pass at the line of scrimmage with the ball being grabbed on a diving interception by Zaviar Gooden - his 1st of the season and 3rd of his career. The Tiger offense couldn't capitalize however, and was eventually forced to punt the ball away. Mizzou entered the game with only 28 points scored of 17 turnovers gained on the season, while Tiger opponents have scored 58 points off of 15 MU turnovers coming into Saturday...
- James Franklin was intercepted by KU late in the 1st quarter, which broke a string of 123 consecutive pass attempts without an interception. He had not thrown an interception since Oct. 22nd against Oklahoma State...
- After trailing by a 10-0 score, Mizzou mounted its first sustained drive of the game and got on the board with a 23-yard field goal from Trey Barrow at the 5:15 mark of the 2nd quarter to make it 10-3. Since taking over all placekicking duties for the Texas A&M game, Barrow has now made 5-of-6 FGs and 15-of-15 PATs...
- All 10 of Kansas' first half points came off MU turnovers, so update those season numbers to 68 opponent points scored off of 18 MU turnovers, with MU scoring 28 points off 18 opponent turnovers...
- Mizzou's defense held Kansas to just 60 yards of offense in the 1st half and 2 first downs. The Jayhawks managed only 37 yards rushing and 23 passing, as MU held a 19:06-to-10:54 advantage in time of possession...
- The Tigers got into the endzone at the 12:44 mark of the 3rd quarter on a 2-yard TD run by Kendial Lawrence, his 4th of the season and his 8th of his career. The TD was set up by a KU special teams miscue when a punt snap went astray with MU taking over on the KU 14-yardline...
- Mizzou got its first lead of the ballgame with 5:34 to play in the 3rd quarter on a 25-yard TD reception by Wes Kemp from James Franklin. It was Kemp's 4th TD reception of the season and gave him 10 for his career...
- The Franklin-to-Kemp score capped the longest scoring drive (yardage-wise) of the season, as it went 93 yards on 9 plays and took 3:10 off the clock. The previous long scoring drive was a 90-yard drive last Saturday against Texas Tech...
- On the first play of the 4th quarter, Franklin hit Marcus Lucas on a 53-yard TD pass to make it 24-10 with 14:52 to play. It was Lucas' team-leading 5th receiving TD of the season, and it came in his hometown for the Liberty, Mo. native...
Mizzou Looks to Continue Road Success at Florida
The Missouri Tigers (4-2 overall, 1-1 in Southeastern Conference play) hit the road for a...
Mizzou Calls for Fans to "Tiger Stripe" The Zou
The theme of Mizzou’s 103rd Homecoming celebration is “Celebrating our Stripes&rdquo...
Mizzou's Ray Added to Bednarik Award Watch List
Mizzou Football junior DE Shane Ray (Kansas City, Mo.) has been added to the watch list for the...
Mizzou Football 2015 Schedule Announced
The 2015 schedule for the University of Missouri football program has been released, as announced...
Mizzou Football Media Day Quotes - Oct. 13
Each Monday prior to a Mizzou Football game, head coach Gary Pinkel and Tiger players address the...
SEC Nation Plans Live Show from Missouri's...
On Saturday, Nov. 1, SEC Network's traveling pre-game show, SEC Nation, will air live from...
No. 23 Missouri Falls to No. 13 Georgia
Hunter Mason completed 22 of 28 passes for 156 yards and a touchdown and ran for another as No....
Gameday FootBlog: #UGAvsMIZZ
The 23rd-ranked Missouri Tigers (4-1, 1-0 SEC) return home to the friendly confines of Memorial...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP