Nov. 19, 2011
|3rd Down Conv.||10-18||5-12|
|4th Down Conv.||1-1||1-1|
|Kick Return Yards||2-20||5-128|
|Punt Return Yards||1-0||3-7|
|Time of Possession||31:01||28:59|
|Tech - Doege||37-53||315||1||1|
|Mizzou - Franklin||13-20||172||2||0|
|Tech - Crawford||14||70||0||15|
|Mizzou - Franklin||20||152||2||31|
|Tech - Moore||9||88||1||24|
|Mizzou - Lucas||4||68||1||26|
- Mizzou quarterback James Franklin had a season-long run of 31 yards in the first quarter, besting his previous long of 26. The 31-yard scamper in the first was just three shy of his career-long run. That was the Tigers' longest play of the first quarter.
- The 14-point deficit for the Tigers was their largest after one quarter of play this season. Their previous largest deficit after a quarter was at home against Oklahoma State when they trailed 14-3 after the first stanza.
- Punter Trey Barrow had a 68-yard punt to end the first quarter - into the wind - which was just shy of his season- and career-long punt of 74 yards.
- Mizzou had one turnover in the first and it took points away from the Tigers. Tailback Kendial Lawrence fumbled the ball at the end of a 27-yard run at Texas Tech's six-yard line. It was fumbled out of the back of the endzone for a touchback, giving the ball back to Texas Tech. It was only turnover in the first quarter.
- Mizzou corner E.J. Gaines broke up a pass from Tech quarterback broke up a Seth Doege pass to Adam James in the second quarter, good for his 15th of the season. That tied him for the school record with former All-Big 12 corner Michael Harden in 2002.
- Tailback De'Vion Moore ripped off a 54-yard run in the second quarter, which was a season-long for the Tiger tailback. It was also just shy of his career-long of 55 against Colorado in 2008. It led to a Tiger touchdown run by quarterback James Franklin.
- That drive was 90 yard, marking the Tigers' longest scoring drive of the season. Their previous best was 89 on several occasions this season.
- Coincidentally, Mizzou also had one of its quickest scoring drives of the season later in the second quarter as they kicked a field goal as time expired. It was three-plays, 36 second marking the Tigers' third-quickest score this season. Their quickest was a three-play, 30-second touchdown drive at Texas A&M. Mizzou also scored in just 34 seconds against Western Illinois.
- Tight end Michael Egnew's touchdown reception in the third quarter was his first touchdown since a 39-yard reception on October 15, against Iowa State.
- Gaines set a school record 16 breakups in one season by stopping an attempted pass to Brad Marquez.
- Marcus Lucas's seven-yard touchdown reception was his first since November 5, against Baylor.
- James Franklin surpassed the 100 yard rushing mark for the second time this season. The only other time he topped the 100 yard mark was against Oklahoma on September 22.
- James Franklin's nine-yard touchdown run ended a go-ahead 89 yard drive, Missouri's second-longest drive of the season.
- Franklin finished with 152 rushing yards, which are a career high.
- The game-clinching interception was Michael Sam's second career interception, and his first in 2011.
- The victory was Missouri's sixth of the season, which makes Mizzou bowl eligible for a program record seven consecutive seasons.
MizzouMade Tigers Shine in NFL Pro Day
Showing off their talents today included such Tigers as: Christian Brinser, David Butler, Markus ...
Spring Football Gets Underway
Head Coach Gary Pinkel and his team went through the paces of a 2-1/2 hour workout in shorts and ...
It's Football Season Ticket Renewal Time
It's never too early to begin plans this fall for watching the two-time defending Southeastern...
Ryan Walters Joins Mizzou Coaching Staff
Walters, 29, comes to Mizzou after spending the past season as cornerbacks coach at Memphis,...
Mizzou Announces 2015 Signing Class
With back-to-back SEC East Championships and 23 wins over the last two seasons, the Mizzou...
2015 National Signing Day Central
National Signing Day is Wednesday, and the official website of Mizzou Athletics will provide the ...
Mizzou-Eastern Michigan Agree to Two-Game...
The University of Missouri and Eastern Michigan University have agreed to a two-game football...
Mizzou Football Recruiting Reception Set For...
The Mizzou department of athletics and Mizzou football have announced that the annual National...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP