Nov. 19, 2011
|3rd Down Conv.||10-18||5-12|
|4th Down Conv.||1-1||1-1|
|Kick Return Yards||2-20||5-128|
|Punt Return Yards||1-0||3-7|
|Time of Possession||31:01||28:59|
|Tech - Doege||37-53||315||1||1|
|Mizzou - Franklin||13-20||172||2||0|
|Tech - Crawford||14||70||0||15|
|Mizzou - Franklin||20||152||2||31|
|Tech - Moore||9||88||1||24|
|Mizzou - Lucas||4||68||1||26|
- Mizzou quarterback James Franklin had a season-long run of 31 yards in the first quarter, besting his previous long of 26. The 31-yard scamper in the first was just three shy of his career-long run. That was the Tigers' longest play of the first quarter.
- The 14-point deficit for the Tigers was their largest after one quarter of play this season. Their previous largest deficit after a quarter was at home against Oklahoma State when they trailed 14-3 after the first stanza.
- Punter Trey Barrow had a 68-yard punt to end the first quarter - into the wind - which was just shy of his season- and career-long punt of 74 yards.
- Mizzou had one turnover in the first and it took points away from the Tigers. Tailback Kendial Lawrence fumbled the ball at the end of a 27-yard run at Texas Tech's six-yard line. It was fumbled out of the back of the endzone for a touchback, giving the ball back to Texas Tech. It was only turnover in the first quarter.
- Mizzou corner E.J. Gaines broke up a pass from Tech quarterback broke up a Seth Doege pass to Adam James in the second quarter, good for his 15th of the season. That tied him for the school record with former All-Big 12 corner Michael Harden in 2002.
- Tailback De'Vion Moore ripped off a 54-yard run in the second quarter, which was a season-long for the Tiger tailback. It was also just shy of his career-long of 55 against Colorado in 2008. It led to a Tiger touchdown run by quarterback James Franklin.
- That drive was 90 yard, marking the Tigers' longest scoring drive of the season. Their previous best was 89 on several occasions this season.
- Coincidentally, Mizzou also had one of its quickest scoring drives of the season later in the second quarter as they kicked a field goal as time expired. It was three-plays, 36 second marking the Tigers' third-quickest score this season. Their quickest was a three-play, 30-second touchdown drive at Texas A&M. Mizzou also scored in just 34 seconds against Western Illinois.
- Tight end Michael Egnew's touchdown reception in the third quarter was his first touchdown since a 39-yard reception on October 15, against Iowa State.
- Gaines set a school record 16 breakups in one season by stopping an attempted pass to Brad Marquez.
- Marcus Lucas's seven-yard touchdown reception was his first since November 5, against Baylor.
- James Franklin surpassed the 100 yard rushing mark for the second time this season. The only other time he topped the 100 yard mark was against Oklahoma on September 22.
- James Franklin's nine-yard touchdown run ended a go-ahead 89 yard drive, Missouri's second-longest drive of the season.
- Franklin finished with 152 rushing yards, which are a career high.
- The game-clinching interception was Michael Sam's second career interception, and his first in 2011.
- The victory was Missouri's sixth of the season, which makes Mizzou bowl eligible for a program record seven consecutive seasons.
Mizzou Football Spring Game Fan Primer
The Mizzou Tiger football team will hold its annual Black & Gold Spring Game on Saturday,...
Mizzou Football Continues To Excel With Help Of...
Mizzou football coaches and athletic performance staff members had been utilizing an up-and-comin...
Defense Claims Initial Spring Scrimmage, 27-3
The ball-hawking defense came up with seven interceptions on Saturday, including a pair by junior...
Mizzou, Idaho Announce 2017 Football Game
The University of Missouri and University of Idaho football programs have agreed to a single game...
MizzouMade Tigers Shine in NFL Pro Day
Showing off their talents today included such Tigers as: Christian Brinser, David Butler, Markus ...
Spring Football Gets Underway
Head Coach Gary Pinkel and his team went through the paces of a 2-1/2 hour workout in shorts and ...
It's Football Season Ticket Renewal Time
It's never too early to begin plans this fall for watching the two-time defending Southeastern...
Ryan Walters Joins Mizzou Coaching Staff
Walters, 29, comes to Mizzou after spending the past season as cornerbacks coach at Memphis,...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP