Nov. 17, 2012Recap | Final Stats | Quotes | Photo Gallery
- With tonight's loss, the Tigers fall to 5-6 on the season, while the Syracuse Orange improve to 6-5.
- The loss snapped Mizzou's streak of 18 consecutive home wins over non-conference opponents, which was a modern-era school record. Mizzou's last loss at Faurot Field against a non-conference foe was against New Mexico in 2005 (45-35).
- The Tigers forced a turnover for the 29th straight game when CB Randy Ponder intercepted a pass in the fourth quarter. The last time Mizzou did not force a turnover was Oct. 30, 2010 at Nebraska.
- QB James Franklin connected with WR Dorial Green-Beckham on a 70-yard touchdown pass on the fourth play of the game. It marked the third straight reception for a TD by Green-Beckham, who had two receptions last week at Tennessee, both going for TDs.
- The Tigers scored on their first possession of the game for the fifth time in 2012, including the third time with a touchdown (SE Louisiana, Kentucky).
- Coupled with his 80-yard TD reception earlier this year at UCF, Green-Beckham became only the second Tiger in history with two or more TD receptions of at least 70 yards in the same season. The only other Tiger with that distinction is Danario Alexander, who had four TD receptions of 70 yards or more in 2009.
- Syracuse answered with a scoring drive of its own on a 44-yard field goal to make it 7-3. That marked only the second time in 2012 that an opponent has scored on the opening drive of the first or second half against Mizzou. The only other score in this instance against Mizzou coming into Saturday was Alabama, which scored a TD on its first possession on Oct. 13th.
- WR Jimmie Hunt caught a 30-yard TD to mark his second straight game with a TD reception.
- After the Orange responded with a late TD, the half ended with Mizzou holding a 17-10 lead. It is the 5th time this season that Mizzou has held a lead at halftime against FBS opponents (MU came into the game 2-2 in the previous four instances).
- Franklin ended the first half 12-of-16 passing for 237 yards and two TDs. Dating back to MU's final drive of the Tennessee game, and including the first half tonight, Franklin was 19 of his last 24 passing for 348 yards and five touchdowns.
- K Andrew Baggett tied his career high with a 46-yard FG in the fourth quarter. The kicker also converted a 46-yarder against Arizona State.
- LB Zaviar Gooden was credited with 15 tackles against the Orange, which is the most for a Tiger in a single game this season.
- RB Kendial Lawrence ran for 119 yards on 27 carries. It marked the fifth 100-yard game of the season for Lawrence.
- WR T.J. Moe caught five receptions during the game to give him 186 in his career to move into fifth-place on Mizzou's all-time receptions list. Moe passed Jeremy Maclin (182) and needs just five more to move into a tie for fourth with Danario Alexander (191).
- Franklin's 279 yards passing moved the junior into seventh place on Missouri's all-time passing yardage list with 4,533. Franklin passed Kent Kiefer (4,497) during the game.
- Lawrence now has 2,145 career rushing yards, which ranks him 10th all-time at Mizzou. The senior entered the contest in 13th-place with 2,026.
Mizzou Looks to Continue Road Success at Florida
The Missouri Tigers (4-2 overall, 1-1 in Southeastern Conference play) hit the road for a...
Mizzou Calls for Fans to "Tiger Stripe" The Zou
The theme of Mizzou’s 103rd Homecoming celebration is “Celebrating our Stripes&rdquo...
Mizzou's Ray Added to Bednarik Award Watch List
Mizzou Football junior DE Shane Ray (Kansas City, Mo.) has been added to the watch list for the...
Mizzou Football 2015 Schedule Announced
The 2015 schedule for the University of Missouri football program has been released, as announced...
Mizzou Football Media Day Quotes - Oct. 13
Each Monday prior to a Mizzou Football game, head coach Gary Pinkel and Tiger players address the...
SEC Nation Plans Live Show from Missouri's...
On Saturday, Nov. 1, SEC Network's traveling pre-game show, SEC Nation, will air live from...
No. 23 Missouri Falls to No. 13 Georgia
Hunter Mason completed 22 of 28 passes for 156 yards and a touchdown and ran for another as No....
Gameday FootBlog: #UGAvsMIZZ
The 23rd-ranked Missouri Tigers (4-1, 1-0 SEC) return home to the friendly confines of Memorial...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP