Nov. 12, 2011
|3rd Down Conv.||5-17||6-16|
|4th Down Conv.||0-0||0-0|
|Kick Return Yards||3-70||1-24|
|Punt Return Yards||2-21||2-27|
|Time of Possession||29:30||30:30|
|UT - Ash||13-29||158||0||1|
|Mizzou - Franklin||18-26||186||0||0|
|UT - Hills||11||35||0||11|
|Mizzou - Lawrence||18||106||1||35|
|UT - Davis||4||31||0||16|
|Mizzou - Moe||5||74||0||40|
- The Missouri Tigers (5-5 overall, 3-4 in Big 12 Conference play) continued a stretch of four straight games against league foes from the Lonestar State as they played host to the No. 16-ranked Texas Longhorns.
- Head Coach Gary Pinkel scratched Texas off his list as the last Big 12 team he had yet to defeat. The victory was Missouri's first over the Longhorns since its 1997 win (37-29 in Columbia).
- The win marks the second victory over a ranked team in the regular season (including Texas A&M 10/29/11) this year. The last time Missouri beat two ranked teams in regular season play was 2007, when it defeated Nebraska, Texas Tech, Kansas and Arkansas. The Tigers also defeated two ranked teams in 2008: Illinois in the regular season and Northwestern in post-season play in the Alamo Bowl.
- The Tiger's schedule is ranked as toughest in the nation by the latest Sagarin rankings and as the fourth-toughest by the NCAA.
With the win, Mizzou moves one game closer to bowl eligibility needing to win one of the next two games.
- Mizzou's last two games will be played in the Show-Me State, where they have won 13 of their last 14 games dating back to the 2009 season (including home games and neutral-site games in Kansas City and St. Louis).
- Coming off a career-high 325 yards on 33-of-46 passing at Baylor last Saturday, sophomore QB James Franklin came out completing his first ten passes in the first half and taking a two-yard run to score the first TD of the game in the second quarter.
- The Tigers claimed a 14-3 lead going into the tunnels at halftime. On the year, Mizzou is now 3-1 when leading at halftime.
- Continuing on their momentum from the first half, Mizzou defense held Texas to a three-and-out punt on their first possession. On the Longhorn's second possession, sophomore TE Eric Waters blocked the punt and the Tigers recovered it on the Texas one-yard line, allowing junior PK Trey Barrow to kick in a 19-yard field goal. It was the first blocked punt of the season for MU.
- Mizzou defense came out hungry today after giving up 697 yards of total offense in Baylor last week. After the first 78-yard drive by Texas, the Tiger defense allowed only 169 yards of total offense to the Longhorns.
- Before he left the game due to injury, sophomore TB Josey jumped to fifth on the MU single-season rushing chart.
- TB Kendial Lawrence had a career day rushing. He went for 106 yards on 18 and one TD. His previous career high was 96 yards.
- Franklin went 18-of-26 for 158 yards passing while adding 33 yards rushing on 13 attempts and one touchdown.
- With nine tackles, redshirt sophomore LB Andrew Wilson led the Tigers in tackles. This is the sixth time he has done so this season.
- The Lonestar State has been kind to Mizzou on the recruiting trail. The 2011 roster features 35 Texas natives, ten of which started in Saturday's match including James Franklin, Henry Josey, Dominique Hamilton, Jacquies Smith and Zavier Gooden.
Citrus Bowl Update: Coach Pinkel Meets the Media
Mizzou head coach Gary Pinkel met the media Wednesday morning (Dec. 31) at the Hyatt Regency...
Mizzou Athletics Donates Citrus Bowl Tickets to...
The Mizzou Department of Athletics and Assistant Athletic Director Brent Lewis took the time...
Citrus Bowl Practice Report: Final Practice,...
It was a busy day for the Mizzou football team on Tuesday (Dec. 30) as it held its final practice...
Mizzou and Minnesota Battle for Citrus Bowl...
Defying most all pre-season expectations, the Mizzou Tigers are returning to a New Year's Day...
Barry Odom Named Defensive Coordinator
University of Missouri Head Coach Gary Pinkel has tabbed former Mizzou player and coach Barry...
Kuligowski Earns Defensive Line Coach of the...
Mizzou football defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski earned National Defensive Line Coach of the...
Daniel, Maclin, Coffman Headline Hall of Fame...
Six outstanding former University of Missouri student-athletes have been selected for induction ...
FWAA Gives Mizzou's Shane Ray His Fourth...
Just hours after being named a First Team All-American by both the American Football Coaches...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP