Nov. 12, 2011
|3rd Down Conv.||5-17||6-16|
|4th Down Conv.||0-0||0-0|
|Kick Return Yards||3-70||1-24|
|Punt Return Yards||2-21||2-27|
|Time of Possession||29:30||30:30|
|UT - Ash||13-29||158||0||1|
|Mizzou - Franklin||18-26||186||0||0|
|UT - Hills||11||35||0||11|
|Mizzou - Lawrence||18||106||1||35|
|UT - Davis||4||31||0||16|
|Mizzou - Moe||5||74||0||40|
- The Missouri Tigers (5-5 overall, 3-4 in Big 12 Conference play) continued a stretch of four straight games against league foes from the Lonestar State as they played host to the No. 16-ranked Texas Longhorns.
- Head Coach Gary Pinkel scratched Texas off his list as the last Big 12 team he had yet to defeat. The victory was Missouri's first over the Longhorns since its 1997 win (37-29 in Columbia).
- The win marks the second victory over a ranked team in the regular season (including Texas A&M 10/29/11) this year. The last time Missouri beat two ranked teams in regular season play was 2007, when it defeated Nebraska, Texas Tech, Kansas and Arkansas. The Tigers also defeated two ranked teams in 2008: Illinois in the regular season and Northwestern in post-season play in the Alamo Bowl.
- The Tiger's schedule is ranked as toughest in the nation by the latest Sagarin rankings and as the fourth-toughest by the NCAA.
With the win, Mizzou moves one game closer to bowl eligibility needing to win one of the next two games.
- Mizzou's last two games will be played in the Show-Me State, where they have won 13 of their last 14 games dating back to the 2009 season (including home games and neutral-site games in Kansas City and St. Louis).
- Coming off a career-high 325 yards on 33-of-46 passing at Baylor last Saturday, sophomore QB James Franklin came out completing his first ten passes in the first half and taking a two-yard run to score the first TD of the game in the second quarter.
- The Tigers claimed a 14-3 lead going into the tunnels at halftime. On the year, Mizzou is now 3-1 when leading at halftime.
- Continuing on their momentum from the first half, Mizzou defense held Texas to a three-and-out punt on their first possession. On the Longhorn's second possession, sophomore TE Eric Waters blocked the punt and the Tigers recovered it on the Texas one-yard line, allowing junior PK Trey Barrow to kick in a 19-yard field goal. It was the first blocked punt of the season for MU.
- Mizzou defense came out hungry today after giving up 697 yards of total offense in Baylor last week. After the first 78-yard drive by Texas, the Tiger defense allowed only 169 yards of total offense to the Longhorns.
- Before he left the game due to injury, sophomore TB Josey jumped to fifth on the MU single-season rushing chart.
- TB Kendial Lawrence had a career day rushing. He went for 106 yards on 18 and one TD. His previous career high was 96 yards.
- Franklin went 18-of-26 for 158 yards passing while adding 33 yards rushing on 13 attempts and one touchdown.
- With nine tackles, redshirt sophomore LB Andrew Wilson led the Tigers in tackles. This is the sixth time he has done so this season.
- The Lonestar State has been kind to Mizzou on the recruiting trail. The 2011 roster features 35 Texas natives, ten of which started in Saturday's match including James Franklin, Henry Josey, Dominique Hamilton, Jacquies Smith and Zavier Gooden.
2015 National Signing Day Central
National Signing Day is Wednesday, and the official website of Mizzou Athletics will provide the ...
Mizzou-Eastern Michigan Agree to Two-Game...
The University of Missouri and Eastern Michigan University have agreed to a two-game football...
Mizzou Football Recruiting Reception Set For...
The Mizzou department of athletics and Mizzou football have announced that the annual National...
Phil Pitts Joins Football Coaching Staff
Former University of Missouri defensive lineman Phil Pitts has joined the Mizzou Football staff...
Mizzou's Shane Ray Declares for the NFL Draft
Mizzou junior consensus All-American DE Shane Ray announced today (Jan. 7) that he will forgo his...
Mizzou Athletics Hall of Fame Date Changed
The induction date for the University of Missouri Athletics Hall of Fame Class of 2014 has been...
Golden, Murphy Lead Tigers to BWW Citrus Bowl...
Markus Golden earned MVP honors, and the tandem of Marcus Murphy and Russell Hansbrough helped...
Gameday FootBlog: #CitrusBowl
Defying most all pre-season expectations, the Mizzou Tigers are returning to a New Year's Day...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP