Nov. 12, 2011
|3rd Down Conv.||5-17||6-16|
|4th Down Conv.||0-0||0-0|
|Kick Return Yards||3-70||1-24|
|Punt Return Yards||2-21||2-27|
|Time of Possession||29:30||30:30|
|UT - Ash||13-29||158||0||1|
|Mizzou - Franklin||18-26||186||0||0|
|UT - Hills||11||35||0||11|
|Mizzou - Lawrence||18||106||1||35|
|UT - Davis||4||31||0||16|
|Mizzou - Moe||5||74||0||40|
- The Missouri Tigers (5-5 overall, 3-4 in Big 12 Conference play) continued a stretch of four straight games against league foes from the Lonestar State as they played host to the No. 16-ranked Texas Longhorns.
- Head Coach Gary Pinkel scratched Texas off his list as the last Big 12 team he had yet to defeat. The victory was Missouri's first over the Longhorns since its 1997 win (37-29 in Columbia).
- The win marks the second victory over a ranked team in the regular season (including Texas A&M 10/29/11) this year. The last time Missouri beat two ranked teams in regular season play was 2007, when it defeated Nebraska, Texas Tech, Kansas and Arkansas. The Tigers also defeated two ranked teams in 2008: Illinois in the regular season and Northwestern in post-season play in the Alamo Bowl.
- The Tiger's schedule is ranked as toughest in the nation by the latest Sagarin rankings and as the fourth-toughest by the NCAA.
With the win, Mizzou moves one game closer to bowl eligibility needing to win one of the next two games.
- Mizzou's last two games will be played in the Show-Me State, where they have won 13 of their last 14 games dating back to the 2009 season (including home games and neutral-site games in Kansas City and St. Louis).
- Coming off a career-high 325 yards on 33-of-46 passing at Baylor last Saturday, sophomore QB James Franklin came out completing his first ten passes in the first half and taking a two-yard run to score the first TD of the game in the second quarter.
- The Tigers claimed a 14-3 lead going into the tunnels at halftime. On the year, Mizzou is now 3-1 when leading at halftime.
- Continuing on their momentum from the first half, Mizzou defense held Texas to a three-and-out punt on their first possession. On the Longhorn's second possession, sophomore TE Eric Waters blocked the punt and the Tigers recovered it on the Texas one-yard line, allowing junior PK Trey Barrow to kick in a 19-yard field goal. It was the first blocked punt of the season for MU.
- Mizzou defense came out hungry today after giving up 697 yards of total offense in Baylor last week. After the first 78-yard drive by Texas, the Tiger defense allowed only 169 yards of total offense to the Longhorns.
- Before he left the game due to injury, sophomore TB Josey jumped to fifth on the MU single-season rushing chart.
- TB Kendial Lawrence had a career day rushing. He went for 106 yards on 18 and one TD. His previous career high was 96 yards.
- Franklin went 18-of-26 for 158 yards passing while adding 33 yards rushing on 13 attempts and one touchdown.
- With nine tackles, redshirt sophomore LB Andrew Wilson led the Tigers in tackles. This is the sixth time he has done so this season.
- The Lonestar State has been kind to Mizzou on the recruiting trail. The 2011 roster features 35 Texas natives, ten of which started in Saturday's match including James Franklin, Henry Josey, Dominique Hamilton, Jacquies Smith and Zavier Gooden.
Pinkel, Ray, Murphy Win SEC Individual Awards
The Mizzou Football program earned quite a bounty of individual awards today as the Southeastern ...
Ray, Murphy Earn 1st-Team All-SEC Honors from...
The Southeastern Conference released its coaches' 2014 All-Southeastern Conference football team ...
Ray Named AP's SEC Defensive Player of Year
Another year of Mizzou Football, another defensive player of the year honor for a Tiger. For the...
Mizzou Chosen for Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl
The University of Missouri has accepted an invitation for its football team to play in the...
No. 1 Alabama Wins SEC Title, 42-13
Jimmie Hunt's career-high 169 receiving yards weren't enough to overcome a diverse offensive...
Gameday FootBlog: #SECATL
The Tigers and Crimson Tide kick off at 3 p.m. CT on CBS. Come join us on the blog!
SEC Championship Central
In just their third year in the Southeastern Conference, the No. 13/14 Missouri Tigers (10-2...
SEC Championship Press Conference
First of all, I'd like to just say a comment about Commissioner Slive. I've been in the league...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP