Nov. 9, 2013
- The No. 9/9 Mizzou Tigers improved to 9-1 and 5-1 in Southeastern Conference action with its 48-17 win at Kentucky on Saturday, Nov. 9, getting Mizzou to nine wins for the fourth time in head coach Gary Pinkel's 13-year tenure. The nine-win season for Mizzou is the sixth in program history.
- Coach Pinkel improved his career record with the Tigers to 99-62 with the victory, coming within two wins of matching all-time program wins lead, Don Faurot, who won 101 games from 1935-42, 46-56.
- With the road win, Mizzou improved to 4-0 in road games for the first time since the 1979 season. Former head coach Warren Powers' Tigers won at Illinois (Sept. 15, 14-6), at Ole Miss (Sept. 22, W, 33-7), at Colrado (Oct. 20, 13-7) and at Iowa State (Nov. 10, 18-9).
- In addition, Mizzou Head Coach Gary Pinkel improved to 18-13 in true road games from 2007-present. In that same stretch, Mizzou is 11-5 in neutral site games, giving Pinkel a record of 29-18 from 2007-present in games away from Faurot Field/Memorial Stadium
- With a forced fumble by LB Andrew Wilson and recovery by safety Braylon Webb at 7:39 3Q, Mizzou continued its nation-leading streak of games forcing a takeaway to 40.
- A career day was had by Mizzou WR Dorial Green-Beckham, who snagged a Mizzou all-time best four TD catches against the Wildcats, surpassing two peronal instances of two-TD games. Five prior instances of receivers catching three TD passes occurred in Mizzou history, the most previous being Danario Alexander vs. Kansas State in 2009.
- Two went Green-Beckham's way from Mauk during the first half for Mizzou, first an 8-yard catch at 1:20 1Q and then a 7-yard catch at 8:12 2Q.
- No. 3, a 22-yard pass from Mauk, was at 6:13 3Q to put the Tigers up 35-10.
- Green-Beckham caught his fourth at 14:56 4Q on a 7-yard toss from Mauk, putting MU up 41-17.
- The Tiger throwing the passes, QB Maty Mauk, matched the school's all-time best with five touchdown throws (four of which to Green-Beckham). Former Tiger standout Chase Daniel accomplished the feat four times during his career.
- Mizzou TB Henry Josey scored his 10th rushing touchdown of the season on Mizzou's longest rush of the season, an 86-yard scamper. The score pushed Josey past his previous season-best of nine in 2011.
- Backup KR John Gibson uncorked Mizzou's longest kickoff return of the season with a 62-yard return late in 3Q action at the 1:50 mark. The previous long was a 42-yarder by Marcus Murphy.
- Mizzou DE Kony Ealy had a career-best 3.0 tackles-for-loss and tied his personal-best in sacks with 2.0 against the Wildcats.
- The Tigers went to the break with a 28-3 lead, with the 25-point advantage as the largest of the season for Mizzou. Pinkel's team held a 30-7 lead (23-point lead) at Vanderbilt on Oct. 5.
- The win for Mizzou marked the first time since 2008 that the Tigers have won back-to-back games as a Top 10-ranked squad. Then-No. 10-ranked Missouri won last week vs. Tennessee, 31-3). In 2008, Mizzou won as the AP No. 5 team vs. Buffalo (Sept. 20, 42-21) and as the No. 4 team at Nebraska (Oct. 4, 52-17).
- The punt blocked by Mizzou WR Levi Copelin on the first play of 2Q action vs. Kentucky was the first for the Tigers since 2011, when TE Eric Waters blocked a Texas punt in 3Q action of the 17-5 win (Nov. 12, 2011).
- Mizzou TB Henry Josey's rushing touchdown at 14:47 2Q to put the Tigers up 14-3 was a significant milestone for the runner's comeback story. It was his ninth rushing score (at the time) of the season, which matched the 2011 total he had prior to his knee injury.
- Mizzou punter Christian Brinser booted a season and career-long 61-yard punt during 3Q action.
Mizzou Athletics Sees Resounding Recycling Success
Mizzou Athletics' commitment to sustainability was certainly apparent to Mizzou Football fans...
Maty Mauk Named SEC Offensive Player of the Week
Mauk won the award, as announced tonight by the league office, after throwing for five touchdown ...
Mizzou Football Media Day Quotes - Sept. 8
Head coach Gary Pinkel and student-athletes met with the media to preview the Tigers' game vs....
Tigers, Knights to Do Battle
The 20th-ranked Mizzou Tigers (2-0) return home to the friendly confines of Faurot Field/Memorial...
Mizzou-Indiana Sept. 20th Football Game to Kick...
The University of Missouri football game on Sept. 20th against the Indiana Hoosiers has been...
Mauk's 5 TD's Make For Good Homecoming at...
Sophomore QB Maty Mauk threw a school-record-tying five touchdown passes, and the Mizzou defense ...
Gameday FootBlog: #MIZZvsTOL
Fourteen years after he left there as the winningest coach in school history, Gary Pinkel returns...
Tigers Turn Toward Toledo
Mizzou (1-0) hits the road for the fi rst time in 2014 as they take on the Toledo Rockets (1-0)...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP