Nov. 9, 2013
- The No. 9/9 Mizzou Tigers improved to 9-1 and 5-1 in Southeastern Conference action with its 48-17 win at Kentucky on Saturday, Nov. 9, getting Mizzou to nine wins for the fourth time in head coach Gary Pinkel's 13-year tenure. The nine-win season for Mizzou is the sixth in program history.
- Coach Pinkel improved his career record with the Tigers to 99-62 with the victory, coming within two wins of matching all-time program wins lead, Don Faurot, who won 101 games from 1935-42, 46-56.
- With the road win, Mizzou improved to 4-0 in road games for the first time since the 1979 season. Former head coach Warren Powers' Tigers won at Illinois (Sept. 15, 14-6), at Ole Miss (Sept. 22, W, 33-7), at Colrado (Oct. 20, 13-7) and at Iowa State (Nov. 10, 18-9).
- In addition, Mizzou Head Coach Gary Pinkel improved to 18-13 in true road games from 2007-present. In that same stretch, Mizzou is 11-5 in neutral site games, giving Pinkel a record of 29-18 from 2007-present in games away from Faurot Field/Memorial Stadium
- With a forced fumble by LB Andrew Wilson and recovery by safety Braylon Webb at 7:39 3Q, Mizzou continued its nation-leading streak of games forcing a takeaway to 40.
- A career day was had by Mizzou WR Dorial Green-Beckham, who snagged a Mizzou all-time best four TD catches against the Wildcats, surpassing two peronal instances of two-TD games. Five prior instances of receivers catching three TD passes occurred in Mizzou history, the most previous being Danario Alexander vs. Kansas State in 2009.
- Two went Green-Beckham's way from Mauk during the first half for Mizzou, first an 8-yard catch at 1:20 1Q and then a 7-yard catch at 8:12 2Q.
- No. 3, a 22-yard pass from Mauk, was at 6:13 3Q to put the Tigers up 35-10.
- Green-Beckham caught his fourth at 14:56 4Q on a 7-yard toss from Mauk, putting MU up 41-17.
- The Tiger throwing the passes, QB Maty Mauk, matched the school's all-time best with five touchdown throws (four of which to Green-Beckham). Former Tiger standout Chase Daniel accomplished the feat four times during his career.
- Mizzou TB Henry Josey scored his 10th rushing touchdown of the season on Mizzou's longest rush of the season, an 86-yard scamper. The score pushed Josey past his previous season-best of nine in 2011.
- Backup KR John Gibson uncorked Mizzou's longest kickoff return of the season with a 62-yard return late in 3Q action at the 1:50 mark. The previous long was a 42-yarder by Marcus Murphy.
- Mizzou DE Kony Ealy had a career-best 3.0 tackles-for-loss and tied his personal-best in sacks with 2.0 against the Wildcats.
- The Tigers went to the break with a 28-3 lead, with the 25-point advantage as the largest of the season for Mizzou. Pinkel's team held a 30-7 lead (23-point lead) at Vanderbilt on Oct. 5.
- The win for Mizzou marked the first time since 2008 that the Tigers have won back-to-back games as a Top 10-ranked squad. Then-No. 10-ranked Missouri won last week vs. Tennessee, 31-3). In 2008, Mizzou won as the AP No. 5 team vs. Buffalo (Sept. 20, 42-21) and as the No. 4 team at Nebraska (Oct. 4, 52-17).
- The punt blocked by Mizzou WR Levi Copelin on the first play of 2Q action vs. Kentucky was the first for the Tigers since 2011, when TE Eric Waters blocked a Texas punt in 3Q action of the 17-5 win (Nov. 12, 2011).
- Mizzou TB Henry Josey's rushing touchdown at 14:47 2Q to put the Tigers up 14-3 was a significant milestone for the runner's comeback story. It was his ninth rushing score (at the time) of the season, which matched the 2011 total he had prior to his knee injury.
- Mizzou punter Christian Brinser booted a season and career-long 61-yard punt during 3Q action.
Tag Yourself in the Gold Rush Interactive Panorama
Mizzou fans can find and tag themselves in an ultra high-resolution panorama from the October 11 ...
Mizzou Looks to Continue Road Success at Florida
The Missouri Tigers (4-2 overall, 1-1 in Southeastern Conference play) hit the road for a...
Mizzou Calls for Fans to "Tiger Stripe" The Zou
The theme of Mizzou’s 103rd Homecoming celebration is “Celebrating our Stripes&rdquo...
Mizzou's Ray Added to Bednarik Award Watch List
Mizzou Football junior DE Shane Ray (Kansas City, Mo.) has been added to the watch list for the...
Mizzou Football 2015 Schedule Announced
The 2015 schedule for the University of Missouri football program has been released, as announced...
Mizzou Football Media Day Quotes - Oct. 13
Each Monday prior to a Mizzou Football game, head coach Gary Pinkel and Tiger players address the...
SEC Nation Plans Live Show from Missouri's...
On Saturday, Nov. 1, SEC Network's traveling pre-game show, SEC Nation, will air live from...
No. 23 Missouri Falls to No. 13 Georgia
Hunter Mason completed 22 of 28 passes for 156 yards and a touchdown and ran for another as No....
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP