Nov. 3, 2012
- Missouri is now 1-1 all-time vs. Florida. Prior to today's game the Tigers knocked off the Gators in the 1966 Sugar Bowl. That Florida club was led by Heisman Trophy winner Steve Spurrier. Today's game was Mizzou's first trip to Gainesville and second intra-league road trip as a member of the Southeastern Conference.
- Speaking of quarterbacks Mizzou's James Franklin made his first start since the Oct. 6 game vs. Vanderbilt. Franklin left that game with an injury, but returned in the second half of the Oct. 27 game vs. Kentucky (33-10 win).
- Missouri made its second trip to the Sunshine State on the year. Missouri won at Central Florida, 21-16.
- Missouri is 16-5 over the last six seasons in the month of November, including today's contest. Missouri was 3-1 in November last season with two wins over Top 25 foes, at No. 16 Texas A&M (38-31, OT) and at home vs. No. 21 Texas (17-5).
- Missouri leads the country in fumbles recovered this season with 16. The Tigers have also forced 19 fumbles, with two more coming today.
- Missouri's defense continues to excel in the opening drive of the first and third quarters. The Tigers have allowed just one opening-drive score, a 73-yard run by Eddie Lacy in the loss to No. 1 Alabama. Missouri forced punts on Florida's opening drive of the first and third quarters today.
- Kony Ealy is one of Mizzou's top pass rushers (3.5 sacks), but the New Madrid, Mo., native is actually tied for the team lead with six passes broken up (two today). The long-armed defensive end batted down a pair of third-down throws to halt UF drives. He also deflected a third pass at the line of scrimmage, but that pass found its way into the hands of a UF receiver.
- In fact Missouri batted down four total passes at the line of scrimmage, two by Ealy and two by Matt Hoch (three PBU's in 2012).
- Continuing with the defensive line trend, Sheldon Richardson had another monster game. The junior finished with five tackles, one tackle for loss, a forced fumble and a blocked field goal. The forced fumble was Richardson's third of the year.
- Richardson's blocked kick was the first of any kind for Missouri this season and came on a 47-yard field goal attempt.
- E.J. Gaines recorded his second fumble recovery of the year midway through the second quarter to set up the Tigers' first score. The fumble was forced by Donovan Bonner, his fourth of the year. Bonner is now tied for the team lead in that category with Andrew Wilson.
- Missouri added to its takeaway streak. The Tigers have forced at least one turnover in 27 consecutive games.
- Dorial Green-Beckham has become a focal point of the Tiger offense. The freshman has 13 catches over his last two games. Entering last week's game vs. Kentucky he had just seven grabs all season. DGB now has 20 receptions on the year, including four today for 73 yards.
- Kendial Lawrence scored his eighth rushing TD of the year to open the game's scoring in the second quarter. Not only did that carry give the Tigers and early lead, but it was the first SEC TD allowed by the Gators in The Swamp in 2012.
- Missouri shutout the Florida offense in the first half for just the second time this season. LSU led the Gators 6-0 at the break, but Florida came back to win that game 14-6.
Citrus Bowl Update: Coach Pinkel Meets the Media
Mizzou head coach Gary Pinkel met the media Wednesday morning (Dec. 31) at the Hyatt Regency...
Mizzou Athletics Donates Citrus Bowl Tickets to...
The Mizzou Department of Athletics and Assistant Athletic Director Brent Lewis took the time...
Citrus Bowl Practice Report: Final Practice,...
It was a busy day for the Mizzou football team on Tuesday (Dec. 30) as it held its final practice...
Mizzou and Minnesota Battle for Citrus Bowl...
Defying most all pre-season expectations, the Mizzou Tigers are returning to a New Year's Day...
Barry Odom Named Defensive Coordinator
University of Missouri Head Coach Gary Pinkel has tabbed former Mizzou player and coach Barry...
Kuligowski Earns Defensive Line Coach of the...
Mizzou football defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski earned National Defensive Line Coach of the...
Daniel, Maclin, Coffman Headline Hall of Fame...
Six outstanding former University of Missouri student-athletes have been selected for induction ...
FWAA Gives Mizzou's Shane Ray His Fourth...
Just hours after being named a First Team All-American by both the American Football Coaches...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP