Nov. 3, 2012
- Missouri is now 1-1 all-time vs. Florida. Prior to today's game the Tigers knocked off the Gators in the 1966 Sugar Bowl. That Florida club was led by Heisman Trophy winner Steve Spurrier. Today's game was Mizzou's first trip to Gainesville and second intra-league road trip as a member of the Southeastern Conference.
- Speaking of quarterbacks Mizzou's James Franklin made his first start since the Oct. 6 game vs. Vanderbilt. Franklin left that game with an injury, but returned in the second half of the Oct. 27 game vs. Kentucky (33-10 win).
- Missouri made its second trip to the Sunshine State on the year. Missouri won at Central Florida, 21-16.
- Missouri is 16-5 over the last six seasons in the month of November, including today's contest. Missouri was 3-1 in November last season with two wins over Top 25 foes, at No. 16 Texas A&M (38-31, OT) and at home vs. No. 21 Texas (17-5).
- Missouri leads the country in fumbles recovered this season with 16. The Tigers have also forced 19 fumbles, with two more coming today.
- Missouri's defense continues to excel in the opening drive of the first and third quarters. The Tigers have allowed just one opening-drive score, a 73-yard run by Eddie Lacy in the loss to No. 1 Alabama. Missouri forced punts on Florida's opening drive of the first and third quarters today.
- Kony Ealy is one of Mizzou's top pass rushers (3.5 sacks), but the New Madrid, Mo., native is actually tied for the team lead with six passes broken up (two today). The long-armed defensive end batted down a pair of third-down throws to halt UF drives. He also deflected a third pass at the line of scrimmage, but that pass found its way into the hands of a UF receiver.
- In fact Missouri batted down four total passes at the line of scrimmage, two by Ealy and two by Matt Hoch (three PBU's in 2012).
- Continuing with the defensive line trend, Sheldon Richardson had another monster game. The junior finished with five tackles, one tackle for loss, a forced fumble and a blocked field goal. The forced fumble was Richardson's third of the year.
- Richardson's blocked kick was the first of any kind for Missouri this season and came on a 47-yard field goal attempt.
- E.J. Gaines recorded his second fumble recovery of the year midway through the second quarter to set up the Tigers' first score. The fumble was forced by Donovan Bonner, his fourth of the year. Bonner is now tied for the team lead in that category with Andrew Wilson.
- Missouri added to its takeaway streak. The Tigers have forced at least one turnover in 27 consecutive games.
- Dorial Green-Beckham has become a focal point of the Tiger offense. The freshman has 13 catches over his last two games. Entering last week's game vs. Kentucky he had just seven grabs all season. DGB now has 20 receptions on the year, including four today for 73 yards.
- Kendial Lawrence scored his eighth rushing TD of the year to open the game's scoring in the second quarter. Not only did that carry give the Tigers and early lead, but it was the first SEC TD allowed by the Gators in The Swamp in 2012.
- Missouri shutout the Florida offense in the first half for just the second time this season. LSU led the Gators 6-0 at the break, but Florida came back to win that game 14-6.
Mitch Morse named SEC Community Service Player ...
Mizzou Football senior offensive lineman Mitch Morse (Austin, Texas) is the Southeastern...
Marcus Murphy, Shane Ray Win Weekly SEC Honors
Senior TB/KR Marcus Murphy and junior DE Shane Ray were named the SEC's Special Teams Player of...
Winslow Recognized in 2014 SEC Football Legends...
The Southeastern Conference 2014 Football Legends Class was recently announced and in its 14-memb...
Mizzou Calls for Fans to “Tiger Stripe&rd...
The theme of Mizzou’s 103rd Homecoming celebration is “Celebrating our Stripes&rdquo...
Murphy, Defense Lead Tigers to 42-13 Demolition...
Marcus Murphy set a school record with his sixth and seventh career returns for touchdowns, and...
Reserved Ticket Four-Pack Available for...
Mizzou Athletics has announced the sale of a Four Pack ticket special for two upcoming home...
Gameday FootBlog: #MIZZvsUF
The Tigers try to extend their seven-game road winning streak tonight at "The Swamp". Come join...
Tag Yourself in the Gold Rush Interactive Panorama
Mizzou fans can find and tag themselves in an ultra high-resolution panorama from the October 11 ...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP