Oct. 27, 2012
Final Stats |
- Missouri's win over Kentucky marks the Tigers' first-ever conference victory in the Southeastern Conference. It was also the Tigers' first-ever win over Kentucky. Mizzou was 0-2 all-time against the Wildcats going into Saturday's contest, with the last meeting in 1968, a 12-6 loss in Lexington.
- After forcing two fumbles, the Tigers are now first in the nation in forced fumbles (14). Missouri was tied with five other schools entering this week with 12. The Tigers have now forced a turnover in 26 straight games.
- Sheldon Richardson's fumble recovery to stop Kentucky in the Missouri red zone was the second of his career, as well as his third forced fumble.
- Kendial Lawrence's 5-yard touchdown run on the ensuing drive marked the first opening-drive touchdown for Mizzou since the season opener against Southeastern Louisiana (9/1).
- The touchdown was also the first points off turnover for the Tigers since Missouri played Arizona State (9/15).
- Gahn McGaffie's 22-yard reception while getting hit in the first quarter was a career long. McGaffie's previous career long was 19 yards and his season long was 17.
- Dorial Green-Beckham's reception in the second quarter was his first catch since his 80-yard touchdown in the Tigers' game against Central Florida. He has registered a catch in 6 of the 7 games in which he has played.
- Kendial Lawrence registered his third multi-rushing touchdown performance of the season.
- Green-Beckham set a career-high with seven receptions in the game, matching his season total coming into the contest.
- James Franklin entered the game in relief of Berkstresser in the 3rd quarter, his first non-starting appearance since the 2010 Insight Bowl against Iowa, in which he had a carry for 2 yards, but did not attempt a pass.
- Brad Madison forced a fumble at the end of the third quarter, his first of the year. Zaviar Gooden recovered the fumble, his second consecutive game with a fumble recovery and second recovery of the season.
- Marcus Murphy's first rushing touchdown of the season gave Mizzou a 26-10 lead in the 4th quarter. It was his fifth touchdown of the season.
- This was the first game of the season in which Mizzou shut out its opponent in the second half.
- EJ Gaines' score off a fumble was the first Mizzou defensive touchdown since the season opener against Southeastern Louisiana. Will Ebner forced the fumble, his first of the season.
- Kendial Lawrence went over 100 yards rushing for the first time since the season opener against Southeastern Louisianat.
- Freshman tailback Russell Hansbrough finished with a career-high 37 rushing yards.
- Marcus Murphy tied his career-high with 43 rushing yards.