Oct. 26, 2013
- Missouri suffered its first loss of the 2013 season, 27-24, in overtime to South Carolina. The Tigers fell to 11-5 in 16 all-time appearances in overtime.
- Overall Mizzou is 7-1 this year and continues to lead the SEC East (3-1).
- Missouri and South Carolina are now tied 2-2 all-time in series history. The Gamecocks have won both meetings since Mizzou joined the SEC in 2012.
- Today's game marked Mizzou's second consecutive sellout of the year. A season-high tying 67,124 fans saw today's victory.
- Missouri recorded a turnover for the 38th consecutive game, the longest active streak in the country. The Tigers have now forced 21 turnovers this season with three more coming tonight (two fumbles, one interception).
- Mizzou held South Carolina to 75 rushing yards. It was the third game this season that Mizzou's defense has held its opponent to fewer than 100 yards on the ground.
- For the first time this season, South Carolina's Mike Davis failed to score a rushing touchdown and he was limited to a season-low 51 yards. Davis was outstanding in the reception category making 10 grabs for 99 yards.
- Maty Mauk finished the game throwing for 249 yards on just 10 completions. The 24.9 yards per completion is a school record (minimum 10 completions). The previous mark was 21.9 yards by Terry McMillian vs. Kansas in 1969.
- Mauk hit seven different receivers to accumulate his 10 completions. Three of those completions went for 20+ yards and Mauk now has 10 completions of 20+ yards in 2013.
- Mauk uncorked the longest pass play at Missouri since 1976 when Pete Woods hit Joe Stewart with a 98-yard pass at Nebraska (34-24). Today's 96-yarder was the longest pass and catch for Missouri ever at home.
- Missouri now has three QBs on the roster with throws of 80+ yards in their careers. Mauk's 96-yarder leads the way, but Corbin Berkstresser had an 85-yard throw last season vs. Vandy and Franklin had an 80-yarder at UCF (2012).
- The 96-yard reception by Washington was his fourth catch of 40+ yards on the year, with all four coming in SEC play. Missouri now has nine receptions of 40+ yards this season.
- Oddly the 96-yard catch by LaDamian Washington isn't Mizzou's longest play vs. South Carolina. Marcus King had a 99-yard INT return for a score in the 2005 Independence Bowl.
- Marcus Lucas only had three catches on the night, but he made the most of them. Lucas had three receptions for 89 yards, averaging 29.7 yards per catch. L'Damian Washington led the Tigers with 96 yards on one grab.
- Mauk hit Marcus Lucas on a 32-yard reception in the first quarter. It was Lucas' longest reception of 2013.
- Marcus Murphy recorded his sixth and seventh rushing scores of the year. Murphy now has more than twice as many rushing touchdowns this season as he had in 2010 and 2012 combined. He entered 2013 with three career scores.
- Henry Josey is nearing the Top 10 in Mizzou history for career rushing yards. Josey has 2,178 yards and is just 54 yards shy of former teammate Kendial Lawrence (2009-12) for 10th all-time. Lawrence rushed for 2,232 yards in his career. Joe Moore (1968-70) is No. 9 all-time with 2,244 yards.
- Marcus Golden recorded his second fumble recovery of the season. The fumble was forced by Matt White, the first of his career. Later Lucas Vincent forced his first fumble of the year and it was recovered by Kony Ealy, also his first. Mizzou has six fumble recoveries over the last three games after being without a recovery in the season's first five contests.
- Missouri pushed its interception total to 15 this year. The Tigers rank No. 2 nationally in INT's, behind Virginia Tech who has 17.
- Michael Sam added to his sack total, recording his 10th of 2013. He currently leads the nation in sacks.
Fan Day, Through Your Eyes
Here's a look at all of the posts on social media from today's annual Fan Day on Faurot Field.
Football Training Camp Report - Day Eight
Head Coach Gary Pinkel's squad went through a 75-minute practice Monday on the Kadlec Athletic...
Training Camp Report: Day Six
Just like Friday, the competition between the Tiger offense and defense wasn't decided until the ...
Further Details for Mizzou Fan Day on Sunday
The Mizzou Department of Athletics is set to hold its 12th annual Football Fan Appreciation Day...
Football Training Camp Report - Day Five
Pads were popping for the first time this fall on Friday morning on Faurot Field, as the Mizzou...
Fox Sports Four-Pack Announced for Football Opener
The University of Missouri Athletics Department has announced the sale of the Fox Sports Four-Pac...
Football Training Camp Report: Day Four
Much-needed rain showers blanketed the mid-Missouri area Wednesday morning, and that moved the...
Football Parking Passes Sold Out for 2014 Season
Mizzou received a record number of parking requests this season, and despite the fact that TSF...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP