Oct. 19, 2013Recap | Final Stats | Quotes | Photo Gallery | USATSI
- Missouri continued its undefeated season, earning a 36-17 victory over No. 22 Florida in the Gators' first trip to Columbia. Mizzou is now 2-1 vs. Florida, earning its first win in the series since the 1966 Sugar Bowl (20-18). A season high 67,124 saw today's win. The game was a sellout.
- The 36 points were the most against a Florida team in league play since Oct. 8, 2011, when LSU scored 41 in Baton Rouge. Mizzou also snapped UF's streak of 13 consecutive games holding an SEC opponent to 20 points or fewer. In fact Missouri's 36 points today were more than the 34 the UF defense allowed in its previous three SEC games combined.
- Missouri's 500 yards of total offense were the most against the Gators this season. In fact the Tigers broke that previous mark of 327 yards (vs. LSU) in the third quarter. It was the first time Florida has allowed 500+ yards of total offense in an SEC game since Oct. 20, 2007, when Kentucky racked up 512 yards in a Gator win in Lexington and the first time any team has tallied 500+ yards against the Gators since Michigan in the 2008 Capital One Bowl.
- Missouri improved to 2-0 vs. ranked teams this season. The Tigers will get a third opportunity next weekend vs. No. 11/9 South Carolina. Missouri will be facing three consecutive ranked opponents for the first time since 2009. Missouri went 0-3 vs. No. 21 Nebraska, No. 16 Oklahoma State and No. 3 Texas that year.
- With today's win, Missouri has faced a ranked opponent and come away victorious in consecutive weeks. The last time that that occurred was during the 1973 season when Mizzou won 17-7 at No. 19 SMU and 13-12 vs. No. 2 Nebraska. The Tigers also accomplished the feat during the 1972 season (30-26 at No. 8 Notre Dame and 20-17 vs. No. 7 Colorado), and during the 1969 Big Eight Championship season (40-17 at No. 13 Michigan and 17-7 at No. 20 Nebraska). The Tigers were ranked in the top 10 of the 1969 games, unranked in 1972, and in the teens in 1973.
- Missouri improved to 7-0 for the first time since 2010. The Tigers are also 3-0 in league play for the first time since that 2010 season. Prior to 2010, Missouri last had seven wins and zero defeats in 1962. The Tigers were 7-0-1 through eight games that year.
- Gary Pinkel won his 97th career game as head coach at Missouri, No. 2 all-time in school history. Pinkel is now four wins behind Don Faurot (101 wins from 1935-42, 1946-56) for the school record.
- Missouri recorded a turnover for the 37th consecutive game, the longest active streak in the country. The Tigers have now forced 18 turnovers this season.
- Missouri's 14 interceptions ranks No. 1 nationally, just ahead of with Northwestern (13) and Virginia Tech (13).
- Aarion Penton recorded his first career interception. The freshman returned the pick three yards to set up Mizzou's second score of the game.
- That score was a 43-yard field goal by Andrew Baggett, his second longest of the year. He hit from 44 yards in the win at Vanderbilt and was his fourth field goal of 40+ yards this year. The sophomore is a perfect 4-of-4 from 40-to-49 yards this season.
- Baggett also tied the school record with five field goal makes today. Jeff Jacke shares that school record having also made five field goals vs. Kansas in 1992. Baggett finished the game scoring 18 points, the most in school history by a kicker. Jacke owned the mark before today, scoring 16 in that win over Kansas in 1992.
- Missouri forced its second turnover of the first half on a sack/forced fumble by Kony Ealy and recovery by Andrew Wilson. It pushed Ealy's season sack total to 3.5. The recovery was Wilson's first of 2013.
- Maty Mauk made quite the debut start. It took the redshirt freshman all of two plays, a 41-yard pass to L'Damian Washington and a 20-yard pass to Bud Sasser (TD), to put the Tigers in front 7-0 just 22 seconds into the contest.
- Mauk finished the game throwing for 295 yards vs. Florida, the most the Gators have allowed in a game all season. The 295 yards by Mauk are the most ever by a Tiger freshman in his deut and the fourth highest total by a freshman, just behind: Tony Scardino vs. Oklahoma (1952)- 365 yards; Brad Smith vs. Bowling Green (2002) - 334 yards and Phil Johnson vs. Kansas (1990) - 306 yards. Mauk's 295 yards passing were by far the most against Florida in 2013. The previous high was 164 by Arkansas.
- It was the ninth time this season and third time in SEC play that Mizzou has turned in a TD on a drive that lasted less than a minute, with the quickest taking just five seconds on an 11-yard pass to Eric Waters at Vanderbilt. Missouri also scored in nine seconds at Vandy, a 42-yard throw to Washington.
- Henry Josey ripped off a 50-yard run to help ice today's Tiger win and recorded his second 100-yard rushing day of 2013 in the process. Josey finished with a season high 136 yards and was just the second running back to rush for 100+ yards vs. the Gators this year. LSU's Jeremy Hill had the previous high mark of 121.
- The 41-yard reception by Washington on the opening drive was his third catch of 40+ yards on the year, with all three coming in SEC play. He caught a 40-yard TD last week at Georgia in addition to his 42-yarder at Vanderbilt. Missouri now has eight receptions of 40+ yards this season, including Jimmie Hunt's 52-yard catch today.
- Hunt recorded a season-long 52-yard reception from Mauk to help fuel Mizzou's second TD drive. It was the longest completion of Mauk's career and the second longest reception of Hunt's tenure. He had a 54-yard TD reception in 2011 vs. Western Illinois.
- Michael Sam recorded his third multi-sack game of 2013. Sam had three sacks vs. Florida, pushing his SEC-leading sack total to 9.0. Sam also had three sacks in wins over Arkansas State and Vanderbilt this season. Sam also leads the SEC in tackles-for-loss with 13.0. Sam pushed his career sack total to 18.5, fifth all-time at Mizzou.
- Missouri allowed Florida to just 61 yards in the first half, the fewest yards allowed by a Tiger opponent in a half since allowing just 16 yards in the second half vs. Kentucky last season.
Reserved Ticket Four-Pack Available for...
Mizzou Athletics has announced the sale of a Four Pack ticket special for two upcoming home...
Gameday FootBlog: #MIZZvsUF
The Tigers try to extend their seven-game road winning streak tonight at "The Swamp". Come join...
Tag Yourself in the Gold Rush Interactive Panorama
Mizzou fans can find and tag themselves in an ultra high-resolution panorama from the October 11 ...
Mizzou Looks to Continue Road Success at Florida
The Missouri Tigers (4-2 overall, 1-1 in Southeastern Conference play) hit the road for a...
Mizzou's Ray Added to Bednarik Award Watch List
Mizzou Football junior DE Shane Ray (Kansas City, Mo.) has been added to the watch list for the...
Mizzou Football 2015 Schedule Announced
The 2015 schedule for the University of Missouri football program has been released, as announced...
Mizzou Football Media Day Quotes - Oct. 13
Each Monday prior to a Mizzou Football game, head coach Gary Pinkel and Tiger players address the...
SEC Nation Plans Live Show from Missouri's...
On Saturday, Nov. 1, SEC Network's traveling pre-game show, SEC Nation, will air live from...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP