Oct. 12, 2013
- With the 41-26 victory at No. 7 Georgia, Mizzou improves to a 6-0 record for the third time in head coach Gary Pinkel's 13-seasons at Mizzou. The conference win gets Mizzou to 2-0 in league action for the first time since 2010 and fourth time under Pinkel.
- The 6-0 start to the 2013 season is the first for Mizzou since the 2010 season's 7-0 start. That campaign brought Pinkel's squad a Big 12 North Co-Championship and 10-3 record.
- Mizzou improved to 96-61 under Coach Pinkel with the win, moving the Tiger leader closer to Mizzou's all-time winningest coach, Don Faurot, who won 101 games (1935-42, 46-56).
- Mizzou defeated a Top 10 team on the road for the first time since 1981. The Tigers won 14-3 at No. 9 Mississippi State on Oct. 3 of that season.
- The 92,746 Sanford Stadium crowd Mizzou and Georgia played in front of is the fourth-largest in Tiger program history. The No. 1 mark of 104,578 came in 1975 at Michigan.
- Mizzou surrendered first scores to both Murray State (0-7) and Arkansas State (0-3), as well as Georgia, who scored the initial points of the game with a touchdown at 3:44 1Q. The Tigers responded by outscoring the Bulldogs 28-3 the rest of the first half to take a 28-10 lead into the break.
- The Tigers continued their nation-leading streak of games with a turnover gained with senior DL Michael Sam (Hitchcock, Texas) recovering a Georgia fumble after a strip and sack by junior DL Shane Ray (Kansas City, Mo.) at 5:46 2Q. The recovery was Mizzou's first of the 2013 season, with Sam returning the fumble 21 yards for a touchdown to put the Tigers up 28-10.
- Senior QB James Franklin (Corinth, Texas) continues to show his form from his eye-catching sophomore campaign in 2011. The signal caller scored his third rushing touchdown of the season for Mizzou's first score with 1:00 left on the 1Q clock.
- Senior WR L'Damian Washington (Shreveport, La.) matched his season-high in catches with touchdown grab from Franklin at 12:33 2Q, his 25th catch of 2013. Washington recorded 25 receptions for 443 yards and two scores last season. His 26th catch went for 12 yards on a 3rd-and-10 play in the second quarter.
- Washington matched his career-high in catches with seven grabs for 115 yards.
- Sophomore LB Kentrell Brothers (Guthrie, Okla.) set a new career-high with ten tackles. He made a previous-best six stops in the 51-28 win at Vanderbilt on Oct. 5. Junior DL Matt Hoch (Harlan, Iowa) set a new career-high in tackles with seven stops. He previously recorded six vs. Texas A&M last season.
- Junior S Braylon Webb (Gilmer, Texas) set a new career-best with two pass breakups against the Bulldogs.
- Kentrell Brothers' interception at :49 4Q marked the thirteenth interception of the year for the
Mizzou Football Public Season Tickets On Sale...
Remaining 2014 Mizzou Football season tickets will go on sale to the public beginning Thursday,...
Help Name Faurot Field's New Upper Deck and...
You might have seen or heard about a new tailgating area that is being created beyond the...
Mizzou Football Honored with SEC Sportsmanship ...
Mizzou Football has been recognized by the Southeastern Conference as a recipient of the seventh ...
Mizzou/Toledo to Kick at 11 a.m.
Kickoff time for the 2014 road opener for the University of Missouri football team at Toledo on...
Season-Opener vs. South Dakota State Set for ESPNU
Mizzou's 2014 season opener vs. South Dakota State will be televised nationally by ESPNU at 2:30 ...
Arkansas Game Slated for Thanksgiving Friday on...
Mizzou Football's final 2014 regular season game vs. Arkansas has been moved to Friday, Nov. 28, ...
Future SEC Opponents Detailed Through 2025 Season
The Southeastern Conference on Monday announced a 12-year rotation of non-division opponents for ...
Gaines, Sam Taken Saturday in 2014 NFL Draft
Sam established himself as one of the nation's premier pass rushers in his senior season, as he...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP