Sept. 21, 2013
- Gary Pinkel won his 93rd game as head coach at Missouri, matching him with Dan Devine (1958-70) for No. 2 in school history. Pinkel is now just eight wins shy of tying Don Faurot (101 wins from 1935-42, 1946-56) for the most wins in school history.
- With the win, Mizzou improved to 3-0 for the third time in five seasons and the seventh time in Pinkel's 13-season tenure.
- Mizzou improved to 8-2 vs. Big Ten Conference opponents under Pinkel with tonight's victory.
- Mizzou totaled 625 yards of offense at Indiana. The last time the Tigers had at least 500 yards of total offense on the road was at Baylor in 2011 (568), a 42-39 setback. Mizzou also did it that season at a neutral site - 513 yards vs. North Carolina in the Independence Bowl, a 41-24 win. The last time Mizzou had at least 500 yards in road win was in 2007 at Colorado with 598 yards in a 55-10 victory.
- Mizzou snagged three interceptions against the Hoosiers to bring the team's season total to nine, surpassing the Tigers' 2012 season total just three games into the 2013 campaign. In addition Mizzou has three INT's in 3 straight games in a season for 1st time since 1980 games 3-5 (San Diego St. 5, Penn St. 3, Okla. St. 4).
- Senior quarterback James Franklin (Corinth, Texas) passed for 343 yards on 32-for-47 passing, tossing two touchdowns. The 343-yard output for Franklin marks the fourth 300-yard passing game of his career and a new career-best. His previous career high was a 325-yard passing performance at Baylor in 2011
- Mizzou had two 100-yard receivers - senior wide receiver Marcus Lucas (Liberty, Mo.) and sophomore wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham (Springfield, Mo.), with Lucas grabbing 10 catches for 101 yards and Green-Beckham making eight receptions for 105 yards. It marked the first time the Tigers had two 100-yard receivers since the final game of the 2010 season, a 27-24 setback to Iowa in the Insight Bowl. T.J. More made 15 catches for 152 yards, while Jerrell Jackson made nine catches for 129 yards.
- Franklin scrambled in for a one-yard rushing touchdown with 4:00 left in the second quarter. The score was his first rushing touchdown since the final game of the 2011 season, the 41-24 win over North Carolina in the Independence Bowl. The dual-threat QB, who is getting back to form after an injury-plagued 2012 season, recorded two rushing touchdowns in the postseason win over the Tarheels.
- Junior defensive lineman Kony Ealy (New Madrid, Mo.) jumped at the line of scrimmage and intercepted a pass from Indiana's Nate Sundfeld and returned it 49 yards to put Mizzou up 21-14 with 1:57 left in the second quarter. The grab was his first career interception.
- The other two interceptions for Mizzou were also first career picks for sophomore linebacker Kentrell Brothers (Guthrie, Okla.) and junior linebacker Darvin Ruise (Jacksonville, Fla.) Brothers ended the first half by leaping for a Sundfeld hail mary pass at Missouri's 33-yard line and returning it 14 yards. Ruise intercepted Sudfeld at the 13:04 mark in the fourth quarter, snagging the ball at the Indiana 41-yard line and returning it 19 yards.
- Junior tailback Marcus Murphy (DeSoto, Texas) scored a 10-yard rushing touchdown at the 1:34 mark in the first quarter, his third rushing touchdown of 2013 to set a new season-best.
- Junior offensive lineman Anthony Gatti (St. Louis, Mo.) made the first start of his career, earning the nod at left guard.
Sasser, Murphy Taken In Day Three of NFL Draft
Adding their names to the annals of Mizzou NFL Draft history today were WR Bud Sasser (Denton,...
Mizzou's Morse, Golden Selected in Second Round...
Mizzou football's Mitch Morse (Austin, Texas) and Markus Golden (St. Louis, Mo.) were both...
Mizzou's Shane Ray Drafted 23rd Overall by ...
Mizzou junior defensive end and reigning SEC Defensive Player of the Year Shane Ray (Kansas City,...
Mizzou Football 15-Hour Sale Set for May 5
Beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday (May 5), fans of the back-to-back SEC East Champion Mizzou...
Mizzou, Pinkel Agree to New Contract Terms
The amended contract will keep Gary Pinkel on the Mizzou sideline through Dec. 31, 2021. Already ...
Tigers Impress at Annual Spring Football Game
The starting units for the Mizzou Football team (Mizzou1) scored 10 consecutive points right...
Mizzou Football Spring Game Fan Primer
The Mizzou Tiger football team will hold its annual Black & Gold Spring Game on Saturday,...
Mizzou Football Continues To Excel With Help Of...
Mizzou football coaches and athletic performance staff members had been utilizing an up-and-comin...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP