Sep 7, 2013
- Gary Pinkel won his 92nd game as head coach at Missouri. He is now just nine wins shy of tying Don Faurot (101 wins from 1935-42, 1946-56) for the most wins in school history. Pinkel is one win behind Dan Devine (1958-70) for No. 2 in school history. Devine won 93 games at Mizzou.
- Missouri won its ninth consecutive game vs. the Mid-American Conference. The streak dates back to the 2002 season.
- Missouri recorded three interceptions for the second consecutive game and now has six INTs on the year. The Tigers had just seven interceptions all of last season.
- In addition, three different Tigers recorded their first career interceptions today. Matt White recorded his first pick on the final play of the first half to stop a Toledo scoring opportunity. White caught the INT off a deflection in the endzone.
- The interception pushed Missouri's consecutive games streak with a turnover forced to 32, the longest active streak in the country.
- Markus Golden recorded his first career interception and took the INT 70 yards for his first career score. Ian Simon also recorded his first career interception to clinch the game in the fourth quarter.
- Missouri has been outstanding on third down through two games this season. The Tigers are 20-of-31 (.645) on third down this year, including a solid 9-of-15 today.
- Missouri has been outstanding in the redzone this season. The Tigers were 5-of-6 in the redzone today and that lone miss was when the club moved into Victory formation to close out the win. The team was 4-of-5 last week as well and is 9-of-11 (.818) on the year.
- James Franklin recorded his 13th career 200-yard passing day in today's win. Franklin has topped 200+ yards in both games this season and is completing 67 percent of his throws (42-of-63).
- James Franklin finished the game with 289 total yards, pushing his career total to 6,403 yards. Franklin moved to No. 6 on Missouri's career total offense list, passing Corby Jones (1995-98). Jones had 6,230 yards. Next on the list for Franklin is Phil Bradley (1977-80) who had 6,458 yards.
- Franklin has been very good in the first quarter of games this season. He is 13-of-18 (72.2) for 211 yards in first quarters vs. Murray State and Toledo.
- Franklin also rushed for 77 yards on 17 carries. It was his highest rushing output since the 2011 Independence Bowl victory (142 yards) over North Carolina.
- L'Damian Washington tied a career high with five receptions. He also had five catches last season vs. Syracuse. Washington's 78 yards were just shy of his career-best 81 last year vs. Georgia. Washington actually had three catches for 51 yards on Missouri's opening drive.
- Dorial Green-Beckham caught his first touchdown of 2013 and his fifth touchdown over his last five games dating back to last season. While he was kept out of the endzone in last week's opener vs. Murray State, he enjoyed two TDs in an overtime win at Tennessee last year to keep his average at one score per game during the run. Green-Beckham finished the day with five catches for 51 yards and that score.
- Henry Josey scored his second and third touchdowns of 2013. It was the redshirt junior's third career multi-TD game and the 16th and 17th scoring runs of his career.
- Marcus Murphy scored his second TD of the season to put the game away with 10:29 left in the fourth quarter. It was Murphy's fifth career rushing TD and eighth career TD overall (three return scores).
- Levi Copeland made his second career catch, a career-long 51 yarder from Franklin in the first quarter. It was Franklin's third completion of 35+ yards this season.
- With eight tackles on the afternoon, E.J. Gaines has now collected at least three tackles in every game since the 2012 season opener.
- Michael Sam added two more tackles-for-loss and now leads the club with 4.0 stops behind the line of scrimmage this season.
Mitch Morse named SEC Community Service Player ...
Mizzou Football senior offensive lineman Mitch Morse (Austin, Texas) is the Southeastern...
Marcus Murphy, Shane Ray Win Weekly SEC Honors
Senior TB/KR Marcus Murphy and junior DE Shane Ray were named the SEC's Special Teams Player of...
Winslow Recognized in 2014 SEC Football Legends...
The Southeastern Conference 2014 Football Legends Class was recently announced and in its 14-memb...
Mizzou Calls for Fans to “Tiger Stripe&rd...
The theme of Mizzou’s 103rd Homecoming celebration is “Celebrating our Stripes&rdquo...
Murphy, Defense Lead Tigers to 42-13 Demolition...
Marcus Murphy set a school record with his sixth and seventh career returns for touchdowns, and...
Reserved Ticket Four-Pack Available for...
Mizzou Athletics has announced the sale of a Four Pack ticket special for two upcoming home...
Gameday FootBlog: #MIZZvsUF
The Tigers try to extend their seven-game road winning streak tonight at "The Swamp". Come join...
Tag Yourself in the Gold Rush Interactive Panorama
Mizzou fans can find and tag themselves in an ultra high-resolution panorama from the October 11 ...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP