Sep 7, 2013
- Gary Pinkel won his 92nd game as head coach at Missouri. He is now just nine wins shy of tying Don Faurot (101 wins from 1935-42, 1946-56) for the most wins in school history. Pinkel is one win behind Dan Devine (1958-70) for No. 2 in school history. Devine won 93 games at Mizzou.
- Missouri won its ninth consecutive game vs. the Mid-American Conference. The streak dates back to the 2002 season.
- Missouri recorded three interceptions for the second consecutive game and now has six INTs on the year. The Tigers had just seven interceptions all of last season.
- In addition, three different Tigers recorded their first career interceptions today. Matt White recorded his first pick on the final play of the first half to stop a Toledo scoring opportunity. White caught the INT off a deflection in the endzone.
- The interception pushed Missouri's consecutive games streak with a turnover forced to 32, the longest active streak in the country.
- Markus Golden recorded his first career interception and took the INT 70 yards for his first career score. Ian Simon also recorded his first career interception to clinch the game in the fourth quarter.
- Missouri has been outstanding on third down through two games this season. The Tigers are 20-of-31 (.645) on third down this year, including a solid 9-of-15 today.
- Missouri has been outstanding in the redzone this season. The Tigers were 5-of-6 in the redzone today and that lone miss was when the club moved into Victory formation to close out the win. The team was 4-of-5 last week as well and is 9-of-11 (.818) on the year.
- James Franklin recorded his 13th career 200-yard passing day in today's win. Franklin has topped 200+ yards in both games this season and is completing 67 percent of his throws (42-of-63).
- James Franklin finished the game with 289 total yards, pushing his career total to 6,403 yards. Franklin moved to No. 6 on Missouri's career total offense list, passing Corby Jones (1995-98). Jones had 6,230 yards. Next on the list for Franklin is Phil Bradley (1977-80) who had 6,458 yards.
- Franklin has been very good in the first quarter of games this season. He is 13-of-18 (72.2) for 211 yards in first quarters vs. Murray State and Toledo.
- Franklin also rushed for 77 yards on 17 carries. It was his highest rushing output since the 2011 Independence Bowl victory (142 yards) over North Carolina.
- L'Damian Washington tied a career high with five receptions. He also had five catches last season vs. Syracuse. Washington's 78 yards were just shy of his career-best 81 last year vs. Georgia. Washington actually had three catches for 51 yards on Missouri's opening drive.
- Dorial Green-Beckham caught his first touchdown of 2013 and his fifth touchdown over his last five games dating back to last season. While he was kept out of the endzone in last week's opener vs. Murray State, he enjoyed two TDs in an overtime win at Tennessee last year to keep his average at one score per game during the run. Green-Beckham finished the day with five catches for 51 yards and that score.
- Henry Josey scored his second and third touchdowns of 2013. It was the redshirt junior's third career multi-TD game and the 16th and 17th scoring runs of his career.
- Marcus Murphy scored his second TD of the season to put the game away with 10:29 left in the fourth quarter. It was Murphy's fifth career rushing TD and eighth career TD overall (three return scores).
- Levi Copeland made his second career catch, a career-long 51 yarder from Franklin in the first quarter. It was Franklin's third completion of 35+ yards this season.
- With eight tackles on the afternoon, E.J. Gaines has now collected at least three tackles in every game since the 2012 season opener.
- Michael Sam added two more tackles-for-loss and now leads the club with 4.0 stops behind the line of scrimmage this season.
Citrus Bowl Update: Coach Pinkel Meets the Media
Mizzou head coach Gary Pinkel met the media Wednesday morning (Dec. 31) at the Hyatt Regency...
Mizzou Athletics Donates Citrus Bowl Tickets to...
The Mizzou Department of Athletics and Assistant Athletic Director Brent Lewis took the time...
Citrus Bowl Practice Report: Final Practice,...
It was a busy day for the Mizzou football team on Tuesday (Dec. 30) as it held its final practice...
Mizzou and Minnesota Battle for Citrus Bowl...
Defying most all pre-season expectations, the Mizzou Tigers are returning to a New Year's Day...
Barry Odom Named Defensive Coordinator
University of Missouri Head Coach Gary Pinkel has tabbed former Mizzou player and coach Barry...
Kuligowski Earns Defensive Line Coach of the...
Mizzou football defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski earned National Defensive Line Coach of the...
Daniel, Maclin, Coffman Headline Hall of Fame...
Six outstanding former University of Missouri student-athletes have been selected for induction ...
FWAA Gives Mizzou's Shane Ray His Fourth...
Just hours after being named a First Team All-American by both the American Football Coaches...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP