Aug 31, 2013
- Missouri improved to 13-0 all-time vs. FCS opponents and is now 79-39-5 all-time in season openers. The Tigers have won 12 consecutive season-openers and are now 16-1 in season kickoffs since 1997.
- Gary Pinkel won his 91st game as head coach at Missouri. He is now just 10 wins shy of tying Don Faurot (101 wins from 1935-42, 1946-56) for the most wins in school history. Pinkel is two wins behind Dan Devine (1958-70) for No. 2 in school history. Devine won 93 games at Mizzou.
- Missouri topped 400 yards of total offense in the first half. The Tigers finished the game with 694 total yards, easily eclipsing last year's season high of 484 yards vs. Syracuse. The 694 total yards is the second highest total in school history. The school record is 744 yards vs. Western Illinois on Sept. 17, 2011.
- Defensively the Tigers were outstanding over the final three quarters. Murray State did not score over the final three periods and accumulated just 101 total yards during that span after racking up 196 yards and 14 points in the first quarter. Missouri outscored the Racers 45-0 over the final three quarters. In the second half alone Mizzou's defense allowed just 41 total yards.
- James Franklin finished the game with 362 total yards, pushing his career total to 6,114 yards. Franklin moved to No. 7 on Missouri's career total offense list, passing Marlon Adler (1982-85).
- Franklin recorded his third career 300-yard passing game. He finished 26-of-38 for 318 yards, just shy of his career high of 325 yards passing at Baylor in 2011. He also threw for three scores tonight, one off his career high of four TD tosses last season at Tennessee.
- Henry Josey made his return to the Tiger lineup and rushed for 113 yards and a touchdown. His first carry of the season went for 12 yards and a first down. It was Josey's first game back since a Nov. 12, 2011, injury in a win against Texas. Josey capped his night with a career-high tying 68-yard run for a score. It was Josey's eighth game with 100+ yards on the ground and was his 15th career TD.
- Russell Hansbrough scored his first career touchdown with 11:51 left in the first quarter. It was also the first points of the season for the Tigers.
- Hansbrough later added a 51-yard scoring run for his first career multi-TD game. The 51-yarder was the longest run of his career. It was the longest rush by a Tiger since last season's opener vs. SE Louisiana. Kendial Lawrence raced 76 yards for a score in the win. Hansbrough rushed for over 100 yards in the first quarter. It marked his first career 100-yard game and he finished the opening period with 101 yards and a score on just seven carries.
- Dorial Green-Beckham hauled in a 44-yard pass from James Franklin. It was Green-Beckham's third career catch of 40+ yards. He had an 80-yard TD grab at UCF and a 70-yard TD grab vs. Syracuse.
- Green-Beckham finished the game with four grabs for a career high 83 yards. His previous high for yardage was 80 last year at UCF.
- Jaleel Clark made a career high five receptions for 51 yards. He had just one career catch for six yards entering the night.
- Darius White caught his first TD pass as a Missouri Tiger, a 37-yarder from Franklin to push the Tiger lead to 37-14 early in the third quarter. It was White's second career score. He caught a 31-yard score as a Texas Longhorn in a home win over Texas Tech in 2011. The 37-yarder for White was a career long. Coincidentally that was also the day of Henry Josey's last TD in a game at Baylor.
- E.J. Gaines recorded his fourth and fifth career interceptions in the win. It's the first multi-INT game of Gaines' career and helped push Missouri's consecutive games streak with a turnover forced to 31. Braylon Webb also recorded an interception, the first of his career.
- Andrew Baggett kicked through a 43-yard field goal to close the first half. The sophomore improved to 6-of-10 in field goal tries of 40+ yards.
- Michael Sam had a career high seven tackles, including two tackles-for-loss. His previous high was five last season vs. Arizona State.
Mizzou Football Spring Game Fan Primer
The Mizzou Tiger football team will hold its annual Black & Gold Spring Game on Saturday,...
Mizzou Football Continues To Excel With Help Of...
Mizzou football coaches and athletic performance staff members had been utilizing an up-and-comin...
Defense Claims Initial Spring Scrimmage, 27-3
The ball-hawking defense came up with seven interceptions on Saturday, including a pair by junior...
Mizzou, Idaho Announce 2017 Football Game
The University of Missouri and University of Idaho football programs have agreed to a single game...
MizzouMade Tigers Shine in NFL Pro Day
Showing off their talents today included such Tigers as: Christian Brinser, David Butler, Markus ...
Spring Football Gets Underway
Head Coach Gary Pinkel and his team went through the paces of a 2-1/2 hour workout in shorts and ...
It's Football Season Ticket Renewal Time
It's never too early to begin plans this fall for watching the two-time defending Southeastern...
Ryan Walters Joins Mizzou Coaching Staff
Walters, 29, comes to Mizzou after spending the past season as cornerbacks coach at Memphis,...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP