Sept. 1, 2012
|3rd Down Conv.||6-16||3-10|
|4th Down Conv.||1-2||2-4|
|Kick Return Yards||8-146||1-56|
|Punt Return Yards||N/A||5-180|
|Time of Possession||34:27||25:33|
|SLU - Stanley||21-33||165||1||1|
|Mizzou - Franklin||13-21||131||1||0|
|SLU - Chaney||14||35||0||13|
|Mizzou - Lawrence||10||121||2||76|
|SLU - Smiley||5||44||1||21|
|Mizzou - Hunt||2||43||1||33|
- Missouri won its fifth consecutive game dating back to last season. That is now the third-longest active winning streak in FBS. The longest active streak entering the weekend was nine enjoyed by Northern Illinois, however the Huskies fell to Iowa (18-17). TCU's streak of eight consecutive wins is now tops in the college game.
- Missouri won its 49th game since 2007, which currently ranks ninth in college football since 2007. Missouri is one of four Southeastern Conference programs with 49+ wins over that stretch. Alabama leads the list with 55 not including tonight's game vs. Michigan.
- Missouri improved to 12-0 all-time vs. FCS opponents and is now 78-39-5 all-time in season openers. The Tigers have won 11 consecutive season-openers and are now 15-1 in season kickoffs since 1997.
- Gary Pinkel won his 86th career game at Mizzou. He is third all-time at the University behind the 93 games won by Dan Devine in his 13 seasons and the 101 won by Don Faurot in his 19 years.
- Several Tigers enjoyed their first career starts. Evan Boehm (LG), Mitch Morse (C), Max Copeland (RG) and Eric Waters (WR-Y) made starts on offense and Matt Hoch (NT) made his first career start on defense.
- Kendial Lawrence has back-to-back games with 100+ yards rushing. He ran for 108 yards in the Independence Bowl win over North Carolina. He finished tonight's game with a career high 121 yards on 10 carries and two scores. He has three career 100-yard games, including a 106-yard effort vs. Texas. Over his last five games he has three career highs in the rushing column.
- Lawrence recorded the longest run of his career, a 76-yard burst down the sideline. It was the 10th career TD run for Lawrence and his second of 70+ yards. His longest run entering tonight was 71 yards at Texas Tech in 2010.
- Lawrence also recorded the first multi-TD game of his career. Lawrence opened the second half with a one-yard run.
- Missouri found a number of ways to produce points in the first quarter. The Tigers (who led 28-0 after the first) had a TD throw, a TD run and two defensive scores. The last time Mizzou had multiple defensive touchdowns in one game was 2006 at Texas Tech. William Moore and Xzavie Jackson picked off Red Raider QB Graham Harrell on consecutive throws in the road win.
- Zaviar Gooden recorded the first of those two defensive scores. He returned an interception 20 yards for his first career TD. It was Gooden's third consecutive game with an INT dating back to the final two games of 2011.
- Michael Sam scored the second defensive TD on a six-yard fumble return. Kony Ealy recorded an eight-yard sack and Sam scooped up his first career fumble and scored his first career TD. The sack was the second of Ealy's career.
- Missouri opened the game with an 11-play TD drive to kick off the year. The 11-play drive was capped by a two-yard scoring throw from James Franklin to T.J. Moe. The TD grab was the 11th of Moe's career. He needs just one more TD grab to move into the Top 10 all-time in school history.
- Missouri added its third return for TD in the third quarter when Marcus Murphy took a punt back 70 yards for a score. It was Murphy's first punt return score and the longest at Missouri since Jeremy Maclin's 75-yarder for score in the 2008 Alamo Bowl vs. Northwestern. Missouri's last punt return for a score was a 44 yarder by E.J. Gaines last season against Western Illinois.
- Murphy then became the first Tiger ever with two punt returns for score in the same game when he took a punt back 72 yards. His second return (fourth quarter) spanned 72 yards. He finished the game with 180 yards on five punt returns, breaking the school record of 156 previously held by NFL Hall of Famer Roger Wehrli set Oct. 21, 1967.
- Corbin Berkstresser found Jimmy Hunt for a 10-yard TD score to make the score 48-3 with 0:13 left in the third quarter. The TD was Hunt's second of his career. The TD throw was the first of Berkstresser's career. The redshirt freshman was a perfect 4-of-4 for 27 yards and a TD in his first collegiate drive. He added his first career rushing score, a one-yard QB keeper to make it 55-3 on the following drive.
- T.J. Moe finished the game with three catches for 26 yards and a score. Moe is now No. 6 in school history with 151 career receptions, tied with Kenny Holly (1990-93). He also has 1,734 career receiving yards, which is No. 10 all-time. His 11 career TD receptions are No. 11 all-time.
- James Franklin racked up 170 yards of total offense in just under three quarters of work. He now has 4,238 total yards in his career, ranking No. 8 in school history. He passed Kent Kiefer (1989-90) who had 4,169 yards of total offense. Next on the list is Marlon Adler (1982-85) who had 5,965 total yards.
MizzouMade Tigers Shine in NFL Pro Day
Showing off their talents today included such Tigers as: Christian Brinser, David Butler, Markus ...
Spring Football Gets Underway
Head Coach Gary Pinkel and his team went through the paces of a 2-1/2 hour workout in shorts and ...
It's Football Season Ticket Renewal Time
It's never too early to begin plans this fall for watching the two-time defending Southeastern...
Ryan Walters Joins Mizzou Coaching Staff
Walters, 29, comes to Mizzou after spending the past season as cornerbacks coach at Memphis,...
Mizzou Announces 2015 Signing Class
With back-to-back SEC East Championships and 23 wins over the last two seasons, the Mizzou...
2015 National Signing Day Central
National Signing Day is Wednesday, and the official website of Mizzou Athletics will provide the ...
Mizzou-Eastern Michigan Agree to Two-Game...
The University of Missouri and Eastern Michigan University have agreed to a two-game football...
Mizzou Football Recruiting Reception Set For...
The Mizzou department of athletics and Mizzou football have announced that the annual National...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP