Jan. 4, 2014
- The No. 8 Mizzou Tigers claimed the school’s second-ever Cotton Bowl Classic championship with its 41-31 victory over No. 13 Oklahoma State on Friday, Jan. 3, 2014. It was Missouri’s third all-time appearance in the bowl, with the Tigers winning for the first time since the 2008 game (38-7 vs. Arkansas).
- Head coach Gary Pinkel became Mizzou's all-time winningest coach with the Cotton Bowl victory. Through 13 seasons, Pinkel holds a 102-63 record, moving past legendary Don Faurot, who won 101 games from 1935-42, 46-56.
- The 2013 Mizzou team has won a program-best 12 games for the second time ever, with its 12-2 season record matching the 2007 Tigers’ 12-2 mark.
- The Tigers recorded their second consecutive bowl victory after winning the 2011 Independence Bowl over North Carolina by a score of 41-24.
- With the victory, Mizzou improved to 29-23 all-time vs. Oklahoma State, a former conference foe from the Big Eight and Big 12.
- This season’s Tiger squad is the fourth team in the last seven years at Mizzou to reach double-digit victory totals, as the Tigers went 12-2 in 2007, 10-4 in 2008, 10-3 in 2010 and this year’s final 12-2 mark.
- Mizzou extended its nation-leading streak of games forcing a takeaway to 44 games when senior CB E.J. Gaines intercepted OSU QB Clint Chelf at 6:08 1Q, returning the ball from the MU 48-yard line to the 50-yard line. The pickoff was Gaines’ team-leading fifth of the season and the eighth of his career.
- Senior LB Andrew Wilson’s seventh tackle early in 3Q action was his 324th career tackle and a special milestone, as it pushed his career tally past his father, Jay Wilson, who finished his time at Mizzou (1980-83) as the school’s career leader in tackles with 323 stops.
- Wilson finished with 15 tackles, the most in a bowl game for Mizzou since current Atlanta Falcons LB Sean Weatherspoon brought in 17 vs. Northwestern in the 2008 Alamo Bowl.
- Junior TB Marcus Murphy unleashed a season-best 38-yard punt return during 1Q action, besting his previous long of 31 yards from the 28-21 win vs. Texas A&M (Nov. 30).
- Junior TB Henry Josey scored three times on the ground for Mizzou, first with a 3-yard scoring run at 3:00 1Q and followed by a 25-yard scoring run at 11:32 4Q, moving his career rushing touchdown total to 31. The mark ranks fourth in school history. His 16 rushing scores in 2013 ranks sixth all-time on the single-season list.
- Redshirt freshman QB Maty Mauk ripped off a 35-yard scramble during 2Q action for the longest rush of his first season in the Black & Gold. He nearly matched the run on the very next play with a 34-yard scramble.
- With his last-minute strip of Clint Chelf that resulted in the game-clinching score, senior DE Michael Sam finished the year with 11.5 sacks to tie Aldon Smith’s 2009 single-season Mizzou record.
- Shane Ray’s scoop-and-score off of Sam’s sack was Mizzou’s first defensive touchdown in a bowl game since current Atlanta Falcons FS William Moore scored a pick-sick in Mizzou’s last Cotton Bowl appearance in 2008.
Mitch Morse named SEC Community Service Player ...
Mizzou Football senior offensive lineman Mitch Morse (Austin, Texas) is the Southeastern...
Marcus Murphy, Shane Ray Win Weekly SEC Honors
Senior TB/KR Marcus Murphy and junior DE Shane Ray were named the SEC's Special Teams Player of...
Winslow Recognized in 2014 SEC Football Legends...
The Southeastern Conference 2014 Football Legends Class was recently announced and in its 14-memb...
Mizzou Calls for Fans to “Tiger Stripe&rd...
The theme of Mizzou’s 103rd Homecoming celebration is “Celebrating our Stripes&rdquo...
Murphy, Defense Lead Tigers to 42-13 Demolition...
Marcus Murphy set a school record with his sixth and seventh career returns for touchdowns, and...
Reserved Ticket Four-Pack Available for...
Mizzou Athletics has announced the sale of a Four Pack ticket special for two upcoming home...
Gameday FootBlog: #MIZZvsUF
The Tigers try to extend their seven-game road winning streak tonight at "The Swamp". Come join...
Tag Yourself in the Gold Rush Interactive Panorama
Mizzou fans can find and tag themselves in an ultra high-resolution panorama from the October 11 ...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP