Ricardo Ratliffe leads the nation in field goal percentage.
Dec. 8, 2011
10/10 University of Missouri Tigers (8-0) vs.
Navy Midshipmen (3-7)
Tip-Off: 4 p.m. CT
Arena: Mizzou Arena (15,061)
TV: MSN (Chris Gervino - Play by Play / Jon Sunvold - Analyst)
Radio: Tiger Radio Network (Mike Kelly - Play by Play / Gary Link - Analyst)
Rankings: MU: #10/10; (AP / ESPN/USA Today Coaches)
Series: Missouri leads 2-0 (Last meeting: MU 76, Navy 63 (March 17, 1994)
Missouri: Frank Haith (Elon `88); 137-101 overall (8th); 7-0 at Mizzou (1st season)
Navy: Ed DeChellis (Penn State `82); 222-238 overall, 3-7 at Navy (1st season)
- At 8-0 for the 15th time in program history, Mizzou returns home to face Navy at 4 p.m. on Saturday (Dec. 10) at Mizzou Arena ... The contest is the third-ever matchup between the two schools, as Mizzou has won the previous two ... The last meeting between Mizzou and Navy came in the NCAA Tournament in 1994 when Mizzou topped Navy, 76-63 in the first round ... Mizzou was the No. 1 seed in the West Regional that year.
- Mizzou defeated BIG EAST foe Villanova, 81-71, on Tuesday to improve to 8-0 for the first time since the 2006-07 season and the 15th time overall ... Mizzou is one of 14 remaining unbeatens in the nation this season.
- The Tigers are the Big 12's best shooting team (and 7th nationally), as the squad leads the league in field goal percentage (.511), 3-point percentage (.425) and free throw percentage (.761) ... The Tigers also have the league's top overall shooter (Ricardo Ratliffe - 77.3 percent), the top two free throw shooters (Michael Dixon - 93.9 percent and Marcus Denmon - 89.7 percent) and the second best 3-point shooter (Kim English - 54.9 percent).
- Senior Marcus Demon poured in a career high 31 points against Northwestern State on Dec. 2 thanks to a career-high seven treys ... The 31 points were the most for a Tiger since DeMarre Carroll had 31 against Iowa State on Feb. 7, 2009 ... He followed that with a 28-point outing against Villanova, making him the first Tiger since Thomas Gardner (2005-06) to score at least 28 points in back-to-back games.
- Senior Ricardo Ratliffe is shooting an incredible 93.8 percent (30-of-32) in his last four games after going 8-of-8 against Villanova ... He is leading the nation with his 77.3 percent field goal percentage.
- Missouri has shot over 50 percent from the field in its last four of its last five games ... In the last five games, the team has shot 53.5 (160-299) from the field.
- Junior Michael Dixon now ranks first all-time at Missouri in free throw percentage at 85.2 percent ...He entered the season ranked fourth all-time but has made 31-of-33 so far.
- Missouri's 39-point win over No. 20/18 California is believed to be the Tigers' largest margin of victory over a ranked opponent in program history ... The previous biggest win over a ranked foe was a 119-93 win over #10 Iowa State on Jan. 23, 1988.
- Mizzou moved up to #10 in the AP Top 25 and the USA Today Coaches Poll this week.
- Mizzou leads the Big 12 in assists (17 pg), steals (10.3 pg), turnover margin (7.63) and assist-to-turnover ratio (1.79) ... The Tigers are 14th nationally in assists per game.
- Mizzou will play the middle of a three-game home stand on Dec. 15 against Kennesaw State at 7 p.m. at Mizzou Arena.
- On a national level, the Tigers are ranked sixth in scoring (85.6) and seventh in both field goal (.511)percentage and steals (10.25).
- Individually, Michael Dixon ranks ninth nationally in free throw percentage and Ricardo Ratliffe ranks third in field goal percentage.
- Mizzou leads the Big 12 in scoring (85.6), scoring margin (+25.6), shooting (.511), free throw percentage (.761), 3-point shooting (.425), assists (17.00), steals (10.25), turnover margin (+7.63) and assist-to-turnover ratio (1.79).
- Missouri has three of the Big 12's top five shooters on its roster ... Senior Ricardo Ratliffe leads the league (and the nation) at 77.3 percent, senior Kim English is fourth at 56.8 percent and senior Marcus Denmon ranks fifth at 54.7 percent.
- Denmon's 31 points against Northwestern State were the most by a Tiger this season ... He has scored at least 28 points in the last two games, becoming the first Tiger since Thomas Garnder in 2006 to do so.
- Mizzou has been amazingly efficient this season, averaging 1.18 points per field goal attempt this season. Ratliffe leads the team in that category as he is averaging 1.54 points per field goal attempt.
- Sophomore Phil Pressey is one of the key reasons for Mizzou's efficient attack this season as he is second in the Big 12 in assists per set at 5.75 ... Over his last three games, Pressey has 29 assists and just five turnovers (5.8 assist-to-turnover ratio) and is third in the Big 12 in that department ... He also leads the Big 12 in steals per game at 2.63.
- English is shooting an incredible 54.9 percent from behind the arc so far this year ... The number ranks second in the Big 12 ... He also leads the conference with 28 3-point field goals made and has 30 more 3-point feild goal attempts than the league leads - Tyshawn Taylor of Kansas.
- Six different Tigers scored in double figures against Cal on Nov. 22, the first time that happened since a 116-63 win over Central Arkansas on Dec. 18, 2010.
- Mizzou has made at least 10 3-pointers in five of its eight games so far this season ... The Tigers made 12 against Niagara, 11 against Mercer, 10 against Cal, 11 against Binghamton and 10 against Villanova ... All of last season Missouri had 10 or more treys in a game just seven times in 34 games.
- The Tigers lead the Big 12 with 10.25 steals per contest ... This continues a recent trend as over the past three seasons, Missouri has either led the nation or finished second in steals per game ... The team led the nation in 2009-10 with 10.94 and finished second in 2008-09 (10.56) and 2010-11 (10.94) ... The team is seventh nationally this year.
- Sophomore Phil Pressey is doing most of the damage in the steals department with 21 on the year ... He leads the Big 12 with 2.63 per game.
- Senior Steve Moore was a major factor in Mizzou's strong start over Cal on Nov. 22 ... The center scored a career high 10 points, all in the first half, on 3-of-3 shooting from the floor and 3-of-3 shooting from the charity stripe ... He also had three blocks, three steals and 2 assists.
- With three blocks against Cal, Steve Moore entered Missouri's career top-10 blocks list with 75 in his three-plus years ... He is seventh in the Big 12 at 1.38 per game ... He needs two more to tie Leo Lyons for ninth on the all-time list with 77.
- Seniors Marcus Denmon and Kim English continue to move up Missouri's all-time scoring list ... Denmon now has 1,326 in his career, which puts him 20th all-time at Mizzou ... Denmon needs two more points to tie Curtis Berry for 19th ... English stands at 1,195 points, good for 27th place ... He needs three more points to tie Don Tomlinson for 26th ... The two surpassed the 1,000 point mark in 2010-11.
- Missouri has typically played some tough schedules over the years and that trend continues in 2011-12 ... After the release of the preseason polls, Mizzou will have 11 games against teams ranked receiving votes in the preseason AP top 25 and ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll... Included in that list are #12 Baylor, #13 Kansas, #19/20 Texas A&M, #24 California, Texas, Illinois, and Notre Dame.
- Senior Laurence Bowers will be forced to redshirt the 2011-12 season after suffering a season-ending knee injury (ACL) in October ... Bowers averaged 11.6 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.8 blocks a year ago.
- This year's seniors mark the winningest class in Missouri Basketball program history...Heading into the year, the class' 77 wins over the last three-plus seasons mark the most in a three-year stretch at Mizzou...The Tiger clubs from 1980-83 and 1988-91 won 75 games over a three-year stretch ... The class now has a record of 85-27.
- The Tigers recorded 23+ wins in each of the last three campaigns for the first time in program history...Mizzou won 31 games in 2008-09 and went 23-11 in 2009-10 and 2010-11.
Mizzou Athletics Announces Mizzou Arena...
Mizzou Athletics announced a multi-million dollar renovation plan for Mizzou Arena on Thursday....
Mizzou Basketball To Host Walk-On Tryouts Sept. 24
Mizzou Basketball will host its annual walk-on tryout Sept. 24 at 6 p.m. at Mizzou Arena.
Rosburg Enjoys First Pitch At Busch Stadium
Playing in front of huge crowds is old hat for Missouri basketball standout Ryan Rosburg but...
Mizzou Basketball Announces 2014-15 Non-Confere...
Missouri Basketball announced its complete regular-season schedule on Friday as a trip to the...
Mizzou Basketball's Sprint Center Tickets On...
Tickets for Mizzou Basketball's doubleheader at the Sprint Center in Kansas City are on sale now ...
SEC, Mizzou Announce 2015 Men's Basketball...
Mizzou Basketball's 2015 Southeastern Conference Schedule was released by the league office and...
Mizzou Basketball Set To Appear Twice On Super ...
ESPN announced its Super Tuesday lineup for the 2015 SEC Men's Basketball season this afternoon. ...
SEC/Big 12 Challenge Sets TV Schedule
ESPN announced the television network designations and start times for the 2014 SEC/Big 12...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP