Dec. 30, 2010
Mizzou vs. Old Dominion
Dec. 30, 2010
Mizzou Arena - Columbia, Mo.
Mizzou 81, ODU 58
- Mizzou's 13-1 start to the season is its best record to open a campaign under head coach Mike Anderson. Mizzou is now 13-1 for the first time since the 1989-90 season. The Tigers are riding a season-high eight-game win streak, their longest run since a nine-game streak last season.
- The win extends Mizzou's non-conference home winning streak to 56 straight games, which is a school record and dates back to the 2005-06 campaign.
- Under Coach Anderson, the Tigers are 53-14 in non-conference games.
- This is Missouri's biggest RPI win this season, with Old Dominion ranking 12th. The Tigers are now 4-1 vs. the current RPI Top-100, including home wins over Presbyterian and Vanderbilt.
- Speaking of wins, this is 101 for Coach Anderson, the fastest Tiger to reach that feat. He needs only 10 more WINS to hit 200 in his head coaching career 200, which includes the 89 wins he racked up at UAB.
- The contest against Old Dominion was a sellout with over 15,000 tickets sold. This is the first non-conference sellout held in Mizzou Arena since the Gonzaga contest in 2004.
- Tonight's game was the first of a home-and-home series with ODU. Missouri junior forward Ricardo Ratliffe is a Hampton, Va., native and grew up just 20 miles from the Old Dominion campus.
- Junior guard Matt Pressey hit his first back-to-back double figure game, scoring 15 points for the Tigers. He tallied a career-high 18 points against Northern Illinois on December 27 and has averaged 16.5 ppg. in his last two games.
- Dynamic junior guard Marcus Denmon earned the title of leading scorer again tonight with 22 points. He is 10-of-15 on the three-point line during the past two games.
- Fellow junior guard Michael Dixon also had a great night on the board, putting up a career-high 18 points.
- Also chipping in was junior guard Kim English with 11 points and Ratliffe with 10. Tonight marks the eighth time this season that five Tigers have been in double-scoring digits.
- Missouri improved to 8-0 in December to have its first undefeated December since 1991-92, matching that year's 8-0 December record.
- The win marked the fifth straight home game that the Tigers have led by 20 points or more in the second half.
SEC Tournament Up Next for Youthful Mizzou Squad
Mizzou Men's Basketball (9-22, 3-15) heads to its third appearance at the SEC Tournament with a...
Mizzou's Keanau Post Named to 2015 SEC...
Mizzou senior forward Keanau Post was chosen to the team, representing the Tigers after another...
Missouri Drops Contest to Mississippi State, 52-43
Craig Sword had a game-high 15 points to lead Mississippi State to a 52-43 victory over Missouri ...
Tigers Finish Conference Schedule at...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (9-21, 3-14) closes its conference schedule at Mississippi State on...
Shamburger Lifts Mizzou Past Auburn on Senior...
Senior guard Keith Shamburger (Los Angeles, Calif.) hit a go-ahead jumper with 10.9 seconds...
Senior Night Next for Mizzou, Facing Auburn at ...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (8-21, 2-14) hosts its Senior Night on Tuesday, March 3, against Auburn, ...
Missouri Falls to Georgia 68-44 in Athens
Johnathan Williams III and Namon Wright scored 10 points each, but Georgia pulled out with a...
Early Saturday Matchup at Georgia Up Next for...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (8-20, 2-13) next hits the road for Georgia, facing the Bulldogs at 11 a....
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP