Dec. 22, 2011
Bud Light Braggin' Rights Game
Dec. 22, 2011
Scottrade Center - St. Louis, Mo.
Mizzou vs. Illinois - Game Notes
- Wednesday night marked the 31st meeting between Mizzou and Illinois in the Braggin' Rights game and with the win, Mizzou cut into the series lead at 20-11. The game also marked the 42nd meeting between the two teams as Mizzou cut into Illinois' lead at 27-15.
- Frank Haith is now 1-0 after coaching in his first Braggin' Rights game. Mizzou has now won the last three Braggin' Rights games.
- The Tigers are now 12-0 for the first time since 1981-82 and remains as one of six unbeaten teams nationally.
-One of the key differences in the game was the Tigers' ability to get to the line and knock down free throws. In fact, Mizzou hit 19-of-23 while Illinois went to the line just 10 times, connecting on eight.
- The Tiger point guards - Michael Dixon, Jr. and Phil Pressey - led the way for Mizzou on Thursday, combining for 36 points and nine assists. All seven Tigers to play scored and hit at least one field goal.
First Half Notes
- Mizzou fell behind 7-2 in the early stages of the game but went on a 17-2 run to build a 19-9 lead before the under 12 timeout. Steve Moore was a spark off the bench in that span on the defensive end, tallying a pair of blocks. Mizzou also made 9-of-13 field goals in that span.
- Mizzou's point guard combination led the way in the first half as they combined for 22 points on 6-of-11 shooting. Phil Pressey tallied 11 points on 5-of-8 shooting and Michael Dixon, Jr., tallied 11 points due in large part to an 8-of-8 mark from the charity stripe.
- The Tiger point guards also created baskets for their teammates, dishing seven assists in the frame. Mizzou had eight as a team as Dixon and Pressey accounted for 88-percent of the assists.
- Mizzou out-rebounded the Illini, 17-15, in the first half and limited Illinois to no second-chance points in the first half. Mizzou had four second-chance points in the first half, none bigger than a put-back dunk by Matt Pressey with two seconds left in the half, giving Mizzou its largest lead of the half at 41-30 heading into intermission.
- Mizzou scored 13 points off the bench in the first half while limiting Illinois to just two. Dixon's 11 points in the first were obviously a key factor in that stat.
- All seven Tigers that played in the first half scored and each had at least one field goal.
Tigers Down Valpo, 56-41, for Anderson's First ...
Head Coach Kim Anderson earned his first win at the helm of the Mizzou Men's Basketball program...
Mizzou Men's Basketball Continues at Home with ...
First-year head coach Kim Anderson and his Tigers tip off against Valparaiso at Mizzou Arena on...
Mizzou Drops Regular Season Opener, 69-61, to UMKC
The Mizzou men's basketball team (0-1) fell to UMKC (1-0), 69-61, in its regular season opener...
Mizzou Begins 2014-15 Regular Season with UMKC
Mizzou faces off with UMKC at 8 p.m. on the SEC Network+, with the matchup serving as part of the...
Mizzou vs. Oral Roberts Post Game Notes
Mizzou vs. Oral Roberts Post Game Notes (November 19, 2014 // Columbia, Mo. // Mizzou Arena)
Parking Information for UMKC and Valparaiso Games
Mizzou Men's Basketball's upcoming games with UMKC (Friday, 8 p.m.) and Valparaiso (Sunday, 5 p.m...
Mizzou Men's Basketball Signs Two to 2015...
- Mizzou Men's Basketball head coach Kim Anderson has announced two signings for the program's...
Mizzou Basketball Hosts Successful Hoops 101 Event
Mizzou Basketball's annual Hoops 101 event was held on Thursday, Nov. 6 in Mizzou Arena, and, as ...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP