Dec. 18, 2010
Mizzou Basketball Post-Game Notes
- Mizzou's 116 total points tonight are a new Mizzou Arena record, topping the previous mark of 107, which was set against Colorado on Jan. 14, 2009. The 53-point win is the Tigers' largest win this season as well. The 116 total points rank eighth all-time in Mizzou history.
- Seven Tigers finished the game with double-digit point totals, marking the first time since 1995 that that has happened. Phil Pressey (15 points) and Ricky Kreklow (11 points) both notched new career highs on the night.
- Mizzou shot 66-percent from the floor (45-of-68) in the win, its best percentage of the season, topping its previous best mark of 56.3-percent against Georgetown. The 66.1-percent clip ranks just outside the single-game top 10 at Mizzou, but its 45 made field goals on the night ties for fifth all-time. The 66.1-percent clip is also a Mizzou Arena record, topping the previous best mark of 64.3-percent, set against S.F. Austin in 2006.
- The Tigers assisted on 33 of the 45 made field goals in the game, tying for the second-most assists in a single game all-time at Mizzou. The 33 assists ties the most by a Tiger team since 1991 (33 vs. Prairie View A&M).
- Freshman guard Phil Pressey dished 11 of the 33 assists, establishing a new career high and tying the Mizzou freshman record (Shawn Teague, 1980 vs. Lamar). The 11 assists also tie Pressey for fifth all-time at Mizzou in a single game this season and are a Big 12 high this season. Kim English also dished 10 assists in the game, a new career-best.
- Mizzou saw two players (Pressey and English) post double-doubles on the evening despite not having a single player with double-digit rebounds.
- The Tigers extended their school-record non-conference home winning streak to 54 straight games with the win on Saturday.
- Mizzou also set a new best start to a season under head coach Mike Anderson as it has run out to a 10-1 overall record this season. Mizzou has not been 10-1 since 2002-03.
- Mizzou forced 24 turnovers in the game and turned those miscues into 41 points. Mizzou also boasted a 33-14 assist-to-turnover margin in the game while UCA finished with a 9-24 assist-to-turnover ratio. First Half Notes
- Mizzou opened the game on a 12-0 run, connecting on all five of its field goal attempts in that span. In fact, Mizzou connected on its first six field goal attempts, including a pair of 3-pointers from Kim English and Marcus Denmon.
- The Tigers continued their hot start from the floor by hitting eight of their first 11 shots (72-percent), running out to a 24-14 lead. The Tigers assisted on seven of those eight field goals.
- Mizzou extended that lead to 54-19 by the end of the half to lead by 35 points. The 54 points in the half were the Tigers' second-most in a single half of basketball this season and their best first-half score. The 35-point lead was also the Tigers' largest halftime lead of the season and their largest since leading 50-13 at the half against Texas Pan-American last season (Nov. 22, 2009).
- The 19 points by UCA in the first half was the second-fewest scored by a Tiger opponent in a single half this season. The lowest was 18 by Presbyterian on Dec. 11.
- Mizzou shot 20-of-33 in the first half, good for a 60-percent clip, marking the Tigers' third-best field goal percentage in a half this season. Every Tiger with at least two field goal attempts shot at least 50-percent from the floor while both Ricky Kreklow and Phil Pressey were perfect from the floor.
- Mizzou's strength in the first half came from inside the arc as it connected on 10 of 11 two-point field goals in the first. Mizzou shot 3-of-8 from deep in the first half.
- Mizzou assisted on 16 of its 20 made baskets in the first half. Conversely, UCA assisted on just one of seven field goals in the first. As a side note, Mizzou's assist-to-turnover margin was 16-9 while the Tigers limited UCA to just a 1-16 assist-to-turnover margin in the half.
- Kim English assisted on five baskets in the first half, matching his career high with a whole half of basketball remaining. Marcus Denmon also matched his career high with five assists in the first half alone.
- Mizzou held UCA scoreless from the 12:01 mark of the first half until the 6:36 mark of the first, going on an 18-0 run in that span. In fact, Mizzou closed the half on a 30-5 run over the last 12:01 of the half. Second Half Notes
- Mizzou surpassed the 100-point mark with 5:04 left in the second half, marking its second 100-point outing this season its first in regulation. The Tigers also scored 62 points in the second half, their most in a single half this season.
- Phil Pressey dished seven of his career-high 11 assists in the second half. He also scored 10 of his 15 points in the second, good for his first career double-double.
- The Tigers shot 71.4 percent from the floor in the second half, their best in a single half of basketball this season. They connected on 25 of 35 shots in the half.
Tigers Host Tennessee in SEC Battle at Mizzou...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-9, 1-2) returns to Mizzou Arena to face Tennessee in SEC action on...
Tigers Fall at No. 1 Kentucky, 86-37
Keanau Post and Wes Clark each scored 10 points to lead Missouri, but it wasn't enough as the...
Mizzou Men's Basketball Set to Visit Top-Ranked...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-8, 1-1) continues SEC action at No. 1 Kentucky (15-0, 2-0) on Tuesday,...
Missouri Drops a Close One to Auburn 85-79
Keith Shamburger led Missouri with a season-high 21 points including making 5 of 9 3-pointers,...
Tigers Start Road Conference Slate with Trip to...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-7) plays its first Southeastern Conference road game at Auburn (8-6)...
Mizzou Holds Off LSU, 74-67, in Overtime SEC...
After trailing by as many as 11 points, Mizzou basketball rallied to a 74-67, overtime win over...
Mizzou Starts SEC Schedule at Home with LSU on ...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (6-7) starts Southeastern Conference action at home with LSU (11-2) on...
Second-Half Run Fuels Mizzou Past Lipscomb in...
The Mizzou men's basketball team (6-7) pushed past Lipscomb, 72-60, on Saturday (Jan. 3) to round...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP