Dec. 18, 2010
Mizzou Basketball Post-Game Notes
- Mizzou's 116 total points tonight are a new Mizzou Arena record, topping the previous mark of 107, which was set against Colorado on Jan. 14, 2009. The 53-point win is the Tigers' largest win this season as well. The 116 total points rank eighth all-time in Mizzou history.
- Seven Tigers finished the game with double-digit point totals, marking the first time since 1995 that that has happened. Phil Pressey (15 points) and Ricky Kreklow (11 points) both notched new career highs on the night.
- Mizzou shot 66-percent from the floor (45-of-68) in the win, its best percentage of the season, topping its previous best mark of 56.3-percent against Georgetown. The 66.1-percent clip ranks just outside the single-game top 10 at Mizzou, but its 45 made field goals on the night ties for fifth all-time. The 66.1-percent clip is also a Mizzou Arena record, topping the previous best mark of 64.3-percent, set against S.F. Austin in 2006.
- The Tigers assisted on 33 of the 45 made field goals in the game, tying for the second-most assists in a single game all-time at Mizzou. The 33 assists ties the most by a Tiger team since 1991 (33 vs. Prairie View A&M).
- Freshman guard Phil Pressey dished 11 of the 33 assists, establishing a new career high and tying the Mizzou freshman record (Shawn Teague, 1980 vs. Lamar). The 11 assists also tie Pressey for fifth all-time at Mizzou in a single game this season and are a Big 12 high this season. Kim English also dished 10 assists in the game, a new career-best.
- Mizzou saw two players (Pressey and English) post double-doubles on the evening despite not having a single player with double-digit rebounds.
- The Tigers extended their school-record non-conference home winning streak to 54 straight games with the win on Saturday.
- Mizzou also set a new best start to a season under head coach Mike Anderson as it has run out to a 10-1 overall record this season. Mizzou has not been 10-1 since 2002-03.
- Mizzou forced 24 turnovers in the game and turned those miscues into 41 points. Mizzou also boasted a 33-14 assist-to-turnover margin in the game while UCA finished with a 9-24 assist-to-turnover ratio. First Half Notes
- Mizzou opened the game on a 12-0 run, connecting on all five of its field goal attempts in that span. In fact, Mizzou connected on its first six field goal attempts, including a pair of 3-pointers from Kim English and Marcus Denmon.
- The Tigers continued their hot start from the floor by hitting eight of their first 11 shots (72-percent), running out to a 24-14 lead. The Tigers assisted on seven of those eight field goals.
- Mizzou extended that lead to 54-19 by the end of the half to lead by 35 points. The 54 points in the half were the Tigers' second-most in a single half of basketball this season and their best first-half score. The 35-point lead was also the Tigers' largest halftime lead of the season and their largest since leading 50-13 at the half against Texas Pan-American last season (Nov. 22, 2009).
- The 19 points by UCA in the first half was the second-fewest scored by a Tiger opponent in a single half this season. The lowest was 18 by Presbyterian on Dec. 11.
- Mizzou shot 20-of-33 in the first half, good for a 60-percent clip, marking the Tigers' third-best field goal percentage in a half this season. Every Tiger with at least two field goal attempts shot at least 50-percent from the floor while both Ricky Kreklow and Phil Pressey were perfect from the floor.
- Mizzou's strength in the first half came from inside the arc as it connected on 10 of 11 two-point field goals in the first. Mizzou shot 3-of-8 from deep in the first half.
- Mizzou assisted on 16 of its 20 made baskets in the first half. Conversely, UCA assisted on just one of seven field goals in the first. As a side note, Mizzou's assist-to-turnover margin was 16-9 while the Tigers limited UCA to just a 1-16 assist-to-turnover margin in the half.
- Kim English assisted on five baskets in the first half, matching his career high with a whole half of basketball remaining. Marcus Denmon also matched his career high with five assists in the first half alone.
- Mizzou held UCA scoreless from the 12:01 mark of the first half until the 6:36 mark of the first, going on an 18-0 run in that span. In fact, Mizzou closed the half on a 30-5 run over the last 12:01 of the half. Second Half Notes
- Mizzou surpassed the 100-point mark with 5:04 left in the second half, marking its second 100-point outing this season its first in regulation. The Tigers also scored 62 points in the second half, their most in a single half this season.
- Phil Pressey dished seven of his career-high 11 assists in the second half. He also scored 10 of his 15 points in the second, good for his first career double-double.
- The Tigers shot 71.4 percent from the floor in the second half, their best in a single half of basketball this season. They connected on 25 of 35 shots in the half.
Tigers Set to Host Florida for Blackout Game on...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-20, 1-13) returns home to Mizzou Arena to host Florida (13-14, 6-8) on...
Missouri Falls at Vanderbilt, 76-53
Motaque Gill-Caesar led the Tigers with 11 points, but it wasn't enough as Missouri fell to...
Tigers Set to Take Next Trip to Vanderbilt for ...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-19, 1-12) heads to Nashville, Tenn., to take on Vanderbilt on Saturday...
Mizzou Falls to No. 18 Arkansas, 84-69
Johnathan Williams III and Tramaine Isabell led the Tigers with 13 points each. The team will...
Mizzou To Participate in 2015 CBE Hall of Fame ...
Mizzou Men's Basketball will join North Carolina, Kansas State and Northwestern for the...
Mizzou Starts Road Swing at Arkansas on Wednesday
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-18, 1-11) takes to the road for an away SEC game at Arkansas (Feb. 18,...
Tigers Nearly There Against Mississippi State, ...
The Bulldogs escaped Mizzou Arena with a 77-74 result on Saturday, using fouls and the free throw...
Tigers and Mississippi State to Clash on...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-17, 1-10) returns home to take on Mississippi State on Saturday, Feb. ...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP