Nov. 21, 2011
- Before the game, Missouri moved up to No. 21 in both the AP and ESPN / USA Today top 25 polls.
- Mizzou improved to 4-0 for the second consecutive season and 31st time overall.
- Missouri will play in the championship game for the second time in event history. Mizzou's only other appearance came in 2001, when the Tigers claimed the title with a 78-77 win over Iowa.
- The victory was MU's 12th overall in the CBE Classic (formerly Guardian's Classic), an event record. The squad has an all-time record of 12-3 in the Classic.
- Mizzou has had four different Tigers reach double figures in every game this season. Mizzou had four double digit scorers against SEMO, Mercer and Notre Dame and five against Niagara.
- The Tigers improved to 7-2 all-time against the Irish and 2-0 all-time in the series in games played in Kansas City.
- Missouri scored a season high 87 points overall and 52 first half points. The 52 points also stands as the most in a single half so far this season.
- Senior Marcus Denmon scored 26 points to reach the 20-point mark for the third time in four games this season. Going back to last season, the senior has scored at least 20 points in five of his last seven games. It was the 19th of his career.
- Denmon's 26 points were the most by a Tiger so far this season. Additionally, his 17 first half points tied his first half total from Niagara for the most by a Tiger in a half this year.
- The Tigers shot 58.1 (32-55) percent from the field in the game, a season high. Additionally, the team shot an impressive 63.3 (19-of-30) percent from the field in the first half. The mark stands as the best half of shooting for Mizzou this year.
- Senior Ricardo Ratliffe entered the contest as the Big 12's second best shooter at 60.0 percent. He helped his cause early on as he made his first five shots from the floor and 6-of-9 overall. After his performance, his season shooting percentage improved to 61.8 (21-of-35).
- Senior Kim English was 2-of-2 from behind the arc to raise his season 3-point shooting percentage to 65.2 (15-of-23) percent.
- Denmon shot 9-of-11 from the field to improve his season field goal percentage to 56.5 percent. (26-of-46).
- MU shot a season high 85.7 (18-of-21) from the free throw line against Notre Dame, besting the previous high of 85.2 (23-of-27) against SEMO in the seaon opener.
- Denmon reached double figures for the fourth time in four games this season. He reached the mark just 9:05 into the contest on a free throw. Denmon has now reached double figures for 13 straight games, dating back to last season.
- Redshirt-freshman Kadeem Green notched a career high five points in the game.
Mizzou Begins 2014-15 Regular Season with UMKC
Mizzou faces off with UMKC at 8 p.m. on the SEC Network+, with the matchup serving as part of the...
Mizzou vs. Oral Roberts Post Game Notes
Mizzou vs. Oral Roberts Post Game Notes (November 19, 2014 // Columbia, Mo. // Mizzou Arena)
Parking Information for UMKC and Valparaiso Games
Mizzou Men's Basketball's upcoming games with UMKC (Friday, 8 p.m.) and Valparaiso (Sunday, 5 p.m...
Mizzou Men's Basketball Signs Two to 2015...
- Mizzou Men's Basketball head coach Kim Anderson has announced two signings for the program's...
Mizzou Basketball Hosts Successful Hoops 101 Event
Mizzou Basketball's annual Hoops 101 event was held on Thursday, Nov. 6 in Mizzou Arena, and, as ...
Post Presence Pushes Mizzou Hoops Past UMSL
The Mizzou men's basketball team wrapped up exhibition play with a 77-54 victory over UMSL...
Mizzou Finishes Exhibition Schedule with UMSL...
Head coach Kim Anderson will lead Mizzou Men's Basketball into one final tune-up game ahead of...
Mizzou Men's Basketball Announces "Starting 5" ...
Mizzou Basketball announced today that a limited number of reserved tickets for select games will...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP