Nov. 21, 2011
- Before the game, Missouri moved up to No. 21 in both the AP and ESPN / USA Today top 25 polls.
- Mizzou improved to 4-0 for the second consecutive season and 31st time overall.
- Missouri will play in the championship game for the second time in event history. Mizzou's only other appearance came in 2001, when the Tigers claimed the title with a 78-77 win over Iowa.
- The victory was MU's 12th overall in the CBE Classic (formerly Guardian's Classic), an event record. The squad has an all-time record of 12-3 in the Classic.
- Mizzou has had four different Tigers reach double figures in every game this season. Mizzou had four double digit scorers against SEMO, Mercer and Notre Dame and five against Niagara.
- The Tigers improved to 7-2 all-time against the Irish and 2-0 all-time in the series in games played in Kansas City.
- Missouri scored a season high 87 points overall and 52 first half points. The 52 points also stands as the most in a single half so far this season.
- Senior Marcus Denmon scored 26 points to reach the 20-point mark for the third time in four games this season. Going back to last season, the senior has scored at least 20 points in five of his last seven games. It was the 19th of his career.
- Denmon's 26 points were the most by a Tiger so far this season. Additionally, his 17 first half points tied his first half total from Niagara for the most by a Tiger in a half this year.
- The Tigers shot 58.1 (32-55) percent from the field in the game, a season high. Additionally, the team shot an impressive 63.3 (19-of-30) percent from the field in the first half. The mark stands as the best half of shooting for Mizzou this year.
- Senior Ricardo Ratliffe entered the contest as the Big 12's second best shooter at 60.0 percent. He helped his cause early on as he made his first five shots from the floor and 6-of-9 overall. After his performance, his season shooting percentage improved to 61.8 (21-of-35).
- Senior Kim English was 2-of-2 from behind the arc to raise his season 3-point shooting percentage to 65.2 (15-of-23) percent.
- Denmon shot 9-of-11 from the field to improve his season field goal percentage to 56.5 percent. (26-of-46).
- MU shot a season high 85.7 (18-of-21) from the free throw line against Notre Dame, besting the previous high of 85.2 (23-of-27) against SEMO in the seaon opener.
- Denmon reached double figures for the fourth time in four games this season. He reached the mark just 9:05 into the contest on a free throw. Denmon has now reached double figures for 13 straight games, dating back to last season.
- Redshirt-freshman Kadeem Green notched a career high five points in the game.
Mizzou Athletics Announces Mizzou Arena...
Mizzou Athletics announced a multi-million dollar renovation plan for Mizzou Arena on Thursday....
Mizzou Basketball To Host Walk-On Tryouts Sept. 24
Mizzou Basketball will host its annual walk-on tryout Sept. 24 at 6 p.m. at Mizzou Arena.
Rosburg Enjoys First Pitch At Busch Stadium
Playing in front of huge crowds is old hat for Missouri basketball standout Ryan Rosburg but...
Mizzou Basketball Announces 2014-15 Non-Confere...
Missouri Basketball announced its complete regular-season schedule on Friday as a trip to the...
Mizzou Basketball's Sprint Center Tickets On...
Tickets for Mizzou Basketball's doubleheader at the Sprint Center in Kansas City are on sale now ...
SEC, Mizzou Announce 2015 Men's Basketball...
Mizzou Basketball's 2015 Southeastern Conference Schedule was released by the league office and...
Mizzou Basketball Set To Appear Twice On Super ...
ESPN announced its Super Tuesday lineup for the 2015 SEC Men's Basketball season this afternoon. ...
SEC/Big 12 Challenge Sets TV Schedule
ESPN announced the television network designations and start times for the 2014 SEC/Big 12...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP