Nov. 18, 2010
Mizzou Basketball Post Game Notes
Mizzou vs. Western Illinois
Nov. 18, 2010
- Missouri kicked off its 105th season hosting Western Illinois. The Tigers improved to 5-0 under Coach Mike Anderson in home-openers. Missouri is coming off a pair of explosive exhibition wins that averaged 114.5 points.
- The Pressey brothers stepped on the court together for the first time in the regular season. Matt went on to score four points for the Tigers and Phil chipped in nine points.
- It was a competitive first half, with the score going into the tunnels 34-29 - Missouri.
- Steve Moore led the Tigers in the first half with 7 points, including his first career 3-pointer just before the half-time buzzer with the assist from Phil Pressey. Moore went on to surpass his career high in points with 9 points overall (previous high 8 points vs. UT-Martin, 11/17/09).
- Attendance at Mizzou Arena tonight was a lively 8,558 fans.
- With three minutes left in the game, the Tigers and Leathernecks were tied 55-55, but Mizzou performed under the pressure, forcing two turnovers and stepping up to the charity stripe off the Leatherneck’s seven fouls. Nine of Missouri’s last 11 points came from the foul line as the Tigers hung on for the 66-61 win.
- The last time Mizzou had a game without any double-figure scorers was on March 10, 1995, against Iowa State in the old Big Eight Post-season Tournament in Kansas City, Mo. The Tigers lost to the Cyclones in that one, 68-50, as four Tigers led the way with 8 points apiece – Paul O’Liney, Derek Grimm, Corey Tate and Kendrick Moore.
- Bowers grabbed 10 rebounds for the night. The last time he was in double figures in rebounds in a game was February 10, 2010 against Iowa State when he had his career high of 12.
- Missouri was strong in the paint, tallying 30 points ...
- Last season the Tigers ranked second in the country for bench points per game. Missouri lived up to their reputation tonight with 28 points off the bench.
- This is the 48th consecutive non-conference win for the Tigers, the 41st under Coach Anderson.
SEC Tournament Up Next for Youthful Mizzou Squad
Mizzou Men's Basketball (9-22, 3-15) heads to its third appearance at the SEC Tournament with a...
Mizzou's Keanau Post Named to 2015 SEC...
Mizzou senior forward Keanau Post was chosen to the team, representing the Tigers after another...
Missouri Drops Contest to Mississippi State, 52-43
Craig Sword had a game-high 15 points to lead Mississippi State to a 52-43 victory over Missouri ...
Tigers Finish Conference Schedule at...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (9-21, 3-14) closes its conference schedule at Mississippi State on...
Shamburger Lifts Mizzou Past Auburn on Senior...
Senior guard Keith Shamburger (Los Angeles, Calif.) hit a go-ahead jumper with 10.9 seconds...
Senior Night Next for Mizzou, Facing Auburn at ...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (8-21, 2-14) hosts its Senior Night on Tuesday, March 3, against Auburn, ...
Missouri Falls to Georgia 68-44 in Athens
Johnathan Williams III and Namon Wright scored 10 points each, but Georgia pulled out with a...
Early Saturday Matchup at Georgia Up Next for...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (8-20, 2-13) next hits the road for Georgia, facing the Bulldogs at 11 a....
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP