Nov. 18, 2010
Mizzou Basketball Post Game Notes
Mizzou vs. Western Illinois
Nov. 18, 2010
- Missouri kicked off its 105th season hosting Western Illinois. The Tigers improved to 5-0 under Coach Mike Anderson in home-openers. Missouri is coming off a pair of explosive exhibition wins that averaged 114.5 points.
- The Pressey brothers stepped on the court together for the first time in the regular season. Matt went on to score four points for the Tigers and Phil chipped in nine points.
- It was a competitive first half, with the score going into the tunnels 34-29 - Missouri.
- Steve Moore led the Tigers in the first half with 7 points, including his first career 3-pointer just before the half-time buzzer with the assist from Phil Pressey. Moore went on to surpass his career high in points with 9 points overall (previous high 8 points vs. UT-Martin, 11/17/09).
- Attendance at Mizzou Arena tonight was a lively 8,558 fans.
- With three minutes left in the game, the Tigers and Leathernecks were tied 55-55, but Mizzou performed under the pressure, forcing two turnovers and stepping up to the charity stripe off the Leatherneck’s seven fouls. Nine of Missouri’s last 11 points came from the foul line as the Tigers hung on for the 66-61 win.
- The last time Mizzou had a game without any double-figure scorers was on March 10, 1995, against Iowa State in the old Big Eight Post-season Tournament in Kansas City, Mo. The Tigers lost to the Cyclones in that one, 68-50, as four Tigers led the way with 8 points apiece – Paul O’Liney, Derek Grimm, Corey Tate and Kendrick Moore.
- Bowers grabbed 10 rebounds for the night. The last time he was in double figures in rebounds in a game was February 10, 2010 against Iowa State when he had his career high of 12.
- Missouri was strong in the paint, tallying 30 points ...
- Last season the Tigers ranked second in the country for bench points per game. Missouri lived up to their reputation tonight with 28 points off the bench.
- This is the 48th consecutive non-conference win for the Tigers, the 41st under Coach Anderson.
Mizzou Set to Face Elon in Thursday Matchup on ...
Mizzou (4-4) returns home to take on Elon in the latest non-conference matchup at Mizzou Arena on...
No. 22 Oklahoma Downs Tigers on the Road, 82-63
Namon Wright added 12 points for the Tigers, who had won two straight. The Sooners held Missouri ...
Mizzou Hits the Road for SEC/Big 12 Challenge...
The Tigers tip off against the Sooners for the SEC/Big 12 Challenge inside the Lloyd Noble Center...
Tigers Use Late Surge to Clip Redhawks, 65-61
Despite trailing for nearly the first 36 minutes Tuesday night (Dec. 2) at Mizzou Arena, Mizzou...
Tigers Back at Mizzou Arena on Tuesday vs. SEMO
Mizzou Men's Basketball (3-3) returns home to Mizzou Arena to take on Southeast Missouri State (3...
Freshmen Wright and Gill-Caesar Lead Mizzou...
Mizzou kept host school Chaminade at an arm's length throughout the Tigers' final game at the EA ...
Missouri Falls to Purdue 82-61 in Maui
Rapheal Davis scored 22 points and Purdue ran away from Missouri in the first half for an 82-61...
Tigers Fall To No. 2 Wildcats 72-53 In Maui
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Brandon Ashley each scored 15 points, helping No. 2 Arizona wear down...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP