Nov. 18, 2010
Mizzou Basketball Post Game Notes
Mizzou vs. Western Illinois
Nov. 18, 2010
- Missouri kicked off its 105th season hosting Western Illinois. The Tigers improved to 5-0 under Coach Mike Anderson in home-openers. Missouri is coming off a pair of explosive exhibition wins that averaged 114.5 points.
- The Pressey brothers stepped on the court together for the first time in the regular season. Matt went on to score four points for the Tigers and Phil chipped in nine points.
- It was a competitive first half, with the score going into the tunnels 34-29 - Missouri.
- Steve Moore led the Tigers in the first half with 7 points, including his first career 3-pointer just before the half-time buzzer with the assist from Phil Pressey. Moore went on to surpass his career high in points with 9 points overall (previous high 8 points vs. UT-Martin, 11/17/09).
- Attendance at Mizzou Arena tonight was a lively 8,558 fans.
- With three minutes left in the game, the Tigers and Leathernecks were tied 55-55, but Mizzou performed under the pressure, forcing two turnovers and stepping up to the charity stripe off the Leatherneck’s seven fouls. Nine of Missouri’s last 11 points came from the foul line as the Tigers hung on for the 66-61 win.
- The last time Mizzou had a game without any double-figure scorers was on March 10, 1995, against Iowa State in the old Big Eight Post-season Tournament in Kansas City, Mo. The Tigers lost to the Cyclones in that one, 68-50, as four Tigers led the way with 8 points apiece – Paul O’Liney, Derek Grimm, Corey Tate and Kendrick Moore.
- Bowers grabbed 10 rebounds for the night. The last time he was in double figures in rebounds in a game was February 10, 2010 against Iowa State when he had his career high of 12.
- Missouri was strong in the paint, tallying 30 points ...
- Last season the Tigers ranked second in the country for bench points per game. Missouri lived up to their reputation tonight with 28 points off the bench.
- This is the 48th consecutive non-conference win for the Tigers, the 41st under Coach Anderson.
Get To Know Mizzou's Jakeenan Gant
Jakeenan Gant enters his freshman season at Mizzou after a brilliant high school career at...
Mizzou Summer League Update
Missouri Basketball has been well-represented in the Orlando Summer League (July 5-11) with three...
Get To Know D'Angelo Allen
D'Angelo Allen is set to begin his freshman season after winning three state titles at Dallas...
Get To Know Mizzou's Namon Wright
Namon Wright comes to Mizzou after a tremendous high school career in Los Angeles, Calif. The 6-f...
Mizzou Basketball Summer Photo Gallery
Missouri Basketball is hard at work this summer. Check out this recent practice photo gallery of ...
Get To Know Mizzou Assistant Coach Rob Fulford
Rob Fulford begins his first season at the University of Missouri. The former head coach at...
Mizzou Adds Scoring Combo Guard Tramaine Isabell
Mizzou Basketball Head Coach Kim Anderson continued to add to his impressive recruiting class on ...
Mizzou Network One on One With Kim Anderson
Mizzou Head Coach Kim Anderson talked about summer workouts with the Mizzou Network. Anderson and...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP