Nov. 18, 2010
Mizzou Basketball Post Game Notes
Mizzou vs. Western Illinois
Nov. 18, 2010
- Missouri kicked off its 105th season hosting Western Illinois. The Tigers improved to 5-0 under Coach Mike Anderson in home-openers. Missouri is coming off a pair of explosive exhibition wins that averaged 114.5 points.
- The Pressey brothers stepped on the court together for the first time in the regular season. Matt went on to score four points for the Tigers and Phil chipped in nine points.
- It was a competitive first half, with the score going into the tunnels 34-29 - Missouri.
- Steve Moore led the Tigers in the first half with 7 points, including his first career 3-pointer just before the half-time buzzer with the assist from Phil Pressey. Moore went on to surpass his career high in points with 9 points overall (previous high 8 points vs. UT-Martin, 11/17/09).
- Attendance at Mizzou Arena tonight was a lively 8,558 fans.
- With three minutes left in the game, the Tigers and Leathernecks were tied 55-55, but Mizzou performed under the pressure, forcing two turnovers and stepping up to the charity stripe off the Leatherneck’s seven fouls. Nine of Missouri’s last 11 points came from the foul line as the Tigers hung on for the 66-61 win.
- The last time Mizzou had a game without any double-figure scorers was on March 10, 1995, against Iowa State in the old Big Eight Post-season Tournament in Kansas City, Mo. The Tigers lost to the Cyclones in that one, 68-50, as four Tigers led the way with 8 points apiece – Paul O’Liney, Derek Grimm, Corey Tate and Kendrick Moore.
- Bowers grabbed 10 rebounds for the night. The last time he was in double figures in rebounds in a game was February 10, 2010 against Iowa State when he had his career high of 12.
- Missouri was strong in the paint, tallying 30 points ...
- Last season the Tigers ranked second in the country for bench points per game. Missouri lived up to their reputation tonight with 28 points off the bench.
- This is the 48th consecutive non-conference win for the Tigers, the 41st under Coach Anderson.
Tennessee Edges Mizzou, 59-51
Four different Tigers scored eight points or more for head coach Kim Anderson's squad and a...
Tigers Host Tennessee in SEC Battle at Mizzou...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-9, 1-2) returns to Mizzou Arena to face Tennessee in SEC action on...
Tigers Fall at No. 1 Kentucky, 86-37
Keanau Post and Wes Clark each scored 10 points to lead Missouri, but it wasn't enough as the...
Mizzou Men's Basketball Set to Visit Top-Ranked...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-8, 1-1) continues SEC action at No. 1 Kentucky (15-0, 2-0) on Tuesday,...
Missouri Drops a Close One to Auburn 85-79
Keith Shamburger led Missouri with a season-high 21 points including making 5 of 9 3-pointers,...
Tigers Start Road Conference Slate with Trip to...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-7) plays its first Southeastern Conference road game at Auburn (8-6)...
Mizzou Holds Off LSU, 74-67, in Overtime SEC...
After trailing by as many as 11 points, Mizzou basketball rallied to a 74-67, overtime win over...
Mizzou Starts SEC Schedule at Home with LSU on ...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (6-7) starts Southeastern Conference action at home with LSU (11-2) on...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP