Nov. 18, 2010
Mizzou Basketball Post Game Notes
Mizzou vs. Western Illinois
Nov. 18, 2010
- Missouri kicked off its 105th season hosting Western Illinois. The Tigers improved to 5-0 under Coach Mike Anderson in home-openers. Missouri is coming off a pair of explosive exhibition wins that averaged 114.5 points.
- The Pressey brothers stepped on the court together for the first time in the regular season. Matt went on to score four points for the Tigers and Phil chipped in nine points.
- It was a competitive first half, with the score going into the tunnels 34-29 - Missouri.
- Steve Moore led the Tigers in the first half with 7 points, including his first career 3-pointer just before the half-time buzzer with the assist from Phil Pressey. Moore went on to surpass his career high in points with 9 points overall (previous high 8 points vs. UT-Martin, 11/17/09).
- Attendance at Mizzou Arena tonight was a lively 8,558 fans.
- With three minutes left in the game, the Tigers and Leathernecks were tied 55-55, but Mizzou performed under the pressure, forcing two turnovers and stepping up to the charity stripe off the Leatherneck’s seven fouls. Nine of Missouri’s last 11 points came from the foul line as the Tigers hung on for the 66-61 win.
- The last time Mizzou had a game without any double-figure scorers was on March 10, 1995, against Iowa State in the old Big Eight Post-season Tournament in Kansas City, Mo. The Tigers lost to the Cyclones in that one, 68-50, as four Tigers led the way with 8 points apiece – Paul O’Liney, Derek Grimm, Corey Tate and Kendrick Moore.
- Bowers grabbed 10 rebounds for the night. The last time he was in double figures in rebounds in a game was February 10, 2010 against Iowa State when he had his career high of 12.
- Missouri was strong in the paint, tallying 30 points ...
- Last season the Tigers ranked second in the country for bench points per game. Missouri lived up to their reputation tonight with 28 points off the bench.
- This is the 48th consecutive non-conference win for the Tigers, the 41st under Coach Anderson.
Mizzou Basketball To Host Walk-On Tryouts Sept. 24
Mizzou Basketball will host its annual walk-on tryout Sept. 24 at 6 p.m. at Mizzou Arena.
Rosburg Enjoys First Pitch At Busch Stadium
Playing in front of huge crowds is old hat for Missouri basketball standout Ryan Rosburg but...
Mizzou Basketball Announces 2014-15 Non-Confere...
Missouri Basketball announced its complete regular-season schedule on Friday as a trip to the...
Mizzou Basketball's Sprint Center Tickets On...
Tickets for Mizzou Basketball's doubleheader at the Sprint Center in Kansas City are on sale now ...
SEC, Mizzou Announce 2015 Men's Basketball...
Mizzou Basketball's 2015 Southeastern Conference Schedule was released by the league office and...
Mizzou Basketball Set To Appear Twice On Super ...
ESPN announced its Super Tuesday lineup for the 2015 SEC Men's Basketball season this afternoon. ...
SEC/Big 12 Challenge Sets TV Schedule
ESPN announced the television network designations and start times for the 2014 SEC/Big 12...
Tickets For Mizzou Basketball In Kansas City On...
Mizzou Basketball will be returning to Kansas City's Sprint Center on Dec. 30 and tickets for the...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP