Kim English has more 3-pointers than any other Tiger through the first three games of a season.
Nov. 17, 2011
|2 With||5||Rebounds||7||2 With|
|2 With||2||Assists||5||P. Pressey|
Mizzou 83, Niagara 52 - Game Notes
Nov 17, 2011
First Half Notes
- Mizzou connected on seven of its first 10 3-point attempts as Marcus Denmon led the way, connecting on 3-4 from distance.
- In fact, Denmon scored 17 points in the first half alone, which was five more than he had in the Tigers' previous game against Mercer. Denmon did so on 6-of-9 shooting in the first half.
- In fact, Denmon's 17 points in the first half were the most by a Tiger in a first half this season, topping the previous mark of 14 by Ricardo Ratliffe in the Tigers' season-opening win over SEMO on Nov. 11.
- Denmon also tied for the team lead with five rebounds in the first half as he was on pace for a double-double after the first half.
- Steve Moore played just 10 minutes in the first, but corralled four boards in limited time. Three of his rebounds came on the offensive glass.
- Matt Pressey ended the first half with a buzzer-beating 3-pointer as he finished the first with 10 points, which was most than his previous two games combined (two points vs. SEMO; six points vs. Mercer). He finished the game with a season-best 12 points.
- Mizzou hit nine 3-pointers in the first half which was one shy of their single game total in the previous contest against Mercer. In fact the nine three pointers were the most by the Tigers in a half this season.
- The 45 points by the Tigers was their most in half this season, matching their point output in the second half against SEMO. Mizzou came into the game averaging just 39 points in the first half this season. The 23-point lead by Mizzou at halftime was also their largest of the season.
- The win improves the Tigers to 3-0 on the season as they will move on and play Notre Dame in the CBE at the Sprint Center on Monday. Mizzou is making a record fourth appearance in the CBE, which is formerly known as the Guardians Classic. Mizzou also appeared in the event in 2001, 2004 and 2007.
- Mizzou is now 11-3 in the CBE Classic as its 11 wins are the most by any team in the event.
- Mizzou upped its non-conference home court winning streak to 61 games against Niagara, a school record, which dates back to the 2005-06 season.
- With the Tigers' 12 3-pointers in the game, they have now connected on at least 10 long-distance shots in back-to-back games for the first time this season. Mizzou did not accomplish that feat at all last season.
- With his four 3-pointers on Thursday, senior Kim English now has 13 on the season. The 13 total makes from long range mark the most by a Tiger through three games in a season. His 61.9-percent field goal percentage from distance is also the best ever by a Tiger through the first three games of the season.
- Five Tigers scored in double figures in the game, marking the first time that that has happened this season. Last year, five Tigers averaged double-figures scoring through the whole season as Mizzou appears to be following that trend this season. Phil Pressey finished with eight points as Mizzou just missed having six players in double figures; Pressey played just 24 minutes.
- The 31-point win for the Tigers is their largest win of the season and largest since a 33-point win over Iowa State on Jan. 22 last season.
Mizzou Gets Arkansas, Ole Miss and Texas A&M as...
The Southeastern Conference has announced Mizzou Men's Basketball will have permanent conference ...
Andersons Kick Off Tigers on the Prowl Charity
Mizzou Men's Basketball head coach Kim Anderson and wife, Melissa, are set to serve as campaign...
Top Shooting Guard Walton Signs with Mizzou Hoops
Mizzou Men's Basketball head coach Kim Anderson has announced the signing of 6-3 guard K.J....
Mizzou Men's Basketball Program Mourns Passing ...
The Mizzou Men's Basketball program and head coach Kim Anderson were saddened today to learn of...
Former Tiger Tate Joins Anderson's Mizzou...
Corey Tate, who amassed more than 250 victories in 11 seasons as head coach at Mineral Area...
Mizzou Adds Highly Touted JUCO Teammate Hoopsters
Mizzou Men's Basketball head coach Kim Anderson has announced the signing of 6-2 guard Martavian ...
Men's Basketball Eyes Next Season at Annual...
Mizzou Men's Basketball held its annual banquet on Monday, April 20, at Mizzou Arena, with the...
#LevelUp: Phillips Already Embracing Life as a ...
Mizzou Men's Basketball added a new signee, 5-11 guard Terrence Phillips, to its 2015 recruiting ...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP