Nov. 7, 2011
Missouri 88, Central Missouri 70
- The Tigers opened the first half by allowing the Mules to run out to a 6-0 lead but the Tigers countered with an 11-2 run, all within a span of just 2:18, to go on top, 11-8. Mizzou then used a 14-0 run from 10:55-6:19 to pull away from the Mules.
- Mizzou shot 50-percent from the floor in the first half (18-36) including a 5-10 mark from distance. Both Michael Dixon and Marcus Denmon were perfect from beyond the arc in first (2-2). Steve Moore and Kim English were a combined 0-4 from distance in the first half, the rest of the team was 5-6.
- Mizzou's 46 points in the first were its second-most in a first half during exhibition play. Mizzou did one better against Missouri Southern with 47.
- Mizzou outscored CMU, 22-8, in the paint in the first half. Tiger big man Ricardo Ratliffe was a big reason for that with nine points in the first.
- The Tigers also scored half of the points in the first off of 13 UCM turnovers as they outscored the Mules in points off turnovers, 23-7. Mizzou also outscored UCM, 8-0, in fast break points in the first.
- All but one of the eight Tigers to play in the first half scored and five of those eight players hit at least two field goals in the first half.
- Mizzou pulled in nine offensive rebounds in the first half, leading to 15 second-chance points in the frame.
- Mizzou's largest lead of the first half was 18 points at the 2:02 mark.
- Phil Pressey did not attempt a field goal in the first half but dished five dimes with just two turnovers in the first.
- The win gives the Tigers a perfect 3-0 exhibition record this year. Mizzou averaged 96.3 points in its three exhibition games and averaged a margin of victory of 34.3. The Tigers were also 2-0 at home in exhibition play and 1-0 on the road.
- Marcus Denmon finished the game with 15 points as he averaged 21.1 points per game in exhibition play. That leads the team through the three exhibition games.
- Mizzou finished the game outscoring UCM in the paint, 44-24. The Tigers also held a decisive edge in points off turnovers at 30-11.
Senior Night Next for Mizzou, Facing Auburn at ...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (8-21, 2-14) hosts its Senior Night on Tuesday, March 3, against Auburn, ...
Missouri Falls to Georgia 68-44 in Athens
Johnathan Williams III and Namon Wright scored 10 points each, but Georgia pulled out with a...
Early Saturday Matchup at Georgia Up Next for...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (8-20, 2-13) next hits the road for Georgia, facing the Bulldogs at 11 a....
Wright Propels Mizzou Past Gators, 64-52
Freshman guard Namon Wright scored a career-high 28 points off 10-of-13 shooting to lead Mizzou...
Tigers Set to Host Florida for Blackout Game on...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-20, 1-13) returns home to Mizzou Arena to host Florida (13-14, 6-8) on...
Missouri Falls at Vanderbilt, 76-53
Motaque Gill-Caesar led the Tigers with 11 points, but it wasn't enough as Missouri fell to...
Tigers Set to Take Next Trip to Vanderbilt for ...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-19, 1-12) heads to Nashville, Tenn., to take on Vanderbilt on Saturday...
Mizzou Falls to No. 18 Arkansas, 84-69
Johnathan Williams III and Tramaine Isabell led the Tigers with 13 points each. The team will...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP