Nov. 7, 2011
Missouri 88, Central Missouri 70
- The Tigers opened the first half by allowing the Mules to run out to a 6-0 lead but the Tigers countered with an 11-2 run, all within a span of just 2:18, to go on top, 11-8. Mizzou then used a 14-0 run from 10:55-6:19 to pull away from the Mules.
- Mizzou shot 50-percent from the floor in the first half (18-36) including a 5-10 mark from distance. Both Michael Dixon and Marcus Denmon were perfect from beyond the arc in first (2-2). Steve Moore and Kim English were a combined 0-4 from distance in the first half, the rest of the team was 5-6.
- Mizzou's 46 points in the first were its second-most in a first half during exhibition play. Mizzou did one better against Missouri Southern with 47.
- Mizzou outscored CMU, 22-8, in the paint in the first half. Tiger big man Ricardo Ratliffe was a big reason for that with nine points in the first.
- The Tigers also scored half of the points in the first off of 13 UCM turnovers as they outscored the Mules in points off turnovers, 23-7. Mizzou also outscored UCM, 8-0, in fast break points in the first.
- All but one of the eight Tigers to play in the first half scored and five of those eight players hit at least two field goals in the first half.
- Mizzou pulled in nine offensive rebounds in the first half, leading to 15 second-chance points in the frame.
- Mizzou's largest lead of the first half was 18 points at the 2:02 mark.
- Phil Pressey did not attempt a field goal in the first half but dished five dimes with just two turnovers in the first.
- The win gives the Tigers a perfect 3-0 exhibition record this year. Mizzou averaged 96.3 points in its three exhibition games and averaged a margin of victory of 34.3. The Tigers were also 2-0 at home in exhibition play and 1-0 on the road.
- Marcus Denmon finished the game with 15 points as he averaged 21.1 points per game in exhibition play. That leads the team through the three exhibition games.
- Mizzou finished the game outscoring UCM in the paint, 44-24. The Tigers also held a decisive edge in points off turnovers at 30-11.
SEC Tournament Up Next for Youthful Mizzou Squad
Mizzou Men's Basketball (9-22, 3-15) heads to its third appearance at the SEC Tournament with a...
Mizzou's Keanau Post Named to 2015 SEC...
Mizzou senior forward Keanau Post was chosen to the team, representing the Tigers after another...
Missouri Drops Contest to Mississippi State, 52-43
Craig Sword had a game-high 15 points to lead Mississippi State to a 52-43 victory over Missouri ...
Tigers Finish Conference Schedule at...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (9-21, 3-14) closes its conference schedule at Mississippi State on...
Shamburger Lifts Mizzou Past Auburn on Senior...
Senior guard Keith Shamburger (Los Angeles, Calif.) hit a go-ahead jumper with 10.9 seconds...
Senior Night Next for Mizzou, Facing Auburn at ...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (8-21, 2-14) hosts its Senior Night on Tuesday, March 3, against Auburn, ...
Missouri Falls to Georgia 68-44 in Athens
Johnathan Williams III and Namon Wright scored 10 points each, but Georgia pulled out with a...
Early Saturday Matchup at Georgia Up Next for...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (8-20, 2-13) next hits the road for Georgia, facing the Bulldogs at 11 a....
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP