Nov. 7, 2011
Missouri 88, Central Missouri 70
- The Tigers opened the first half by allowing the Mules to run out to a 6-0 lead but the Tigers countered with an 11-2 run, all within a span of just 2:18, to go on top, 11-8. Mizzou then used a 14-0 run from 10:55-6:19 to pull away from the Mules.
- Mizzou shot 50-percent from the floor in the first half (18-36) including a 5-10 mark from distance. Both Michael Dixon and Marcus Denmon were perfect from beyond the arc in first (2-2). Steve Moore and Kim English were a combined 0-4 from distance in the first half, the rest of the team was 5-6.
- Mizzou's 46 points in the first were its second-most in a first half during exhibition play. Mizzou did one better against Missouri Southern with 47.
- Mizzou outscored CMU, 22-8, in the paint in the first half. Tiger big man Ricardo Ratliffe was a big reason for that with nine points in the first.
- The Tigers also scored half of the points in the first off of 13 UCM turnovers as they outscored the Mules in points off turnovers, 23-7. Mizzou also outscored UCM, 8-0, in fast break points in the first.
- All but one of the eight Tigers to play in the first half scored and five of those eight players hit at least two field goals in the first half.
- Mizzou pulled in nine offensive rebounds in the first half, leading to 15 second-chance points in the frame.
- Mizzou's largest lead of the first half was 18 points at the 2:02 mark.
- Phil Pressey did not attempt a field goal in the first half but dished five dimes with just two turnovers in the first.
- The win gives the Tigers a perfect 3-0 exhibition record this year. Mizzou averaged 96.3 points in its three exhibition games and averaged a margin of victory of 34.3. The Tigers were also 2-0 at home in exhibition play and 1-0 on the road.
- Marcus Denmon finished the game with 15 points as he averaged 21.1 points per game in exhibition play. That leads the team through the three exhibition games.
- Mizzou finished the game outscoring UCM in the paint, 44-24. The Tigers also held a decisive edge in points off turnovers at 30-11.
Mizzou Basketball To Face Arizona In 2014 EA...
The bracket for the 2014 EA SPORTS Maui Invitational was announced on Wednesday and Mizzou...
Mizzou Basketball Adds Top 50 Recruit Montaque ...
Mizzou Basketball Head Coach Kim Anderson added yet another four-star talent to his 2014...
Mizzou Basketball Announces The Hiring Of Paul ...
Mizzou Basketball Head Coach Kim Anderson added to his staff on Friday as Paul Rorvig, an...
Get To Know Wes Clark
Wes Clark is the lone returner for the Tigers in the backcourt this season after playing in 33...
Get To Know Tramaine Isabell
Tramaine Isabell comes to Columbia, Mo., after a winning a state title at Seattle's Garfield High...
Get To Know Ryan Rosburg
Missouri junior forward Ryan Rosburg is the most experienced Tiger on the club this year,...
Clarkson Shines For Lakers
Former Missouri Tiger Jordan Clarkson continues to shine as a rookie for the Los Angeles Lakers. ...
Tigers Supporting MU Children's Hospital
Missouri Basketball enjoyed a fun-filled Saturday at Mid-America Harley-Davidson. The Tigers...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP