Nov. 7, 2011
Missouri 88, Central Missouri 70
- The Tigers opened the first half by allowing the Mules to run out to a 6-0 lead but the Tigers countered with an 11-2 run, all within a span of just 2:18, to go on top, 11-8. Mizzou then used a 14-0 run from 10:55-6:19 to pull away from the Mules.
- Mizzou shot 50-percent from the floor in the first half (18-36) including a 5-10 mark from distance. Both Michael Dixon and Marcus Denmon were perfect from beyond the arc in first (2-2). Steve Moore and Kim English were a combined 0-4 from distance in the first half, the rest of the team was 5-6.
- Mizzou's 46 points in the first were its second-most in a first half during exhibition play. Mizzou did one better against Missouri Southern with 47.
- Mizzou outscored CMU, 22-8, in the paint in the first half. Tiger big man Ricardo Ratliffe was a big reason for that with nine points in the first.
- The Tigers also scored half of the points in the first off of 13 UCM turnovers as they outscored the Mules in points off turnovers, 23-7. Mizzou also outscored UCM, 8-0, in fast break points in the first.
- All but one of the eight Tigers to play in the first half scored and five of those eight players hit at least two field goals in the first half.
- Mizzou pulled in nine offensive rebounds in the first half, leading to 15 second-chance points in the frame.
- Mizzou's largest lead of the first half was 18 points at the 2:02 mark.
- Phil Pressey did not attempt a field goal in the first half but dished five dimes with just two turnovers in the first.
- The win gives the Tigers a perfect 3-0 exhibition record this year. Mizzou averaged 96.3 points in its three exhibition games and averaged a margin of victory of 34.3. The Tigers were also 2-0 at home in exhibition play and 1-0 on the road.
- Marcus Denmon finished the game with 15 points as he averaged 21.1 points per game in exhibition play. That leads the team through the three exhibition games.
- Mizzou finished the game outscoring UCM in the paint, 44-24. The Tigers also held a decisive edge in points off turnovers at 30-11.
Mizzou Falls to No. 18 Arkansas, 84-69
Johnathan Williams III and Tramaine Isabell led the Tigers with 13 points each. The team will...
Mizzou To Participate in 2015 CBE Hall of Fame ...
Mizzou Men's Basketball will join North Carolina, Kansas State and Northwestern for the...
Mizzou Starts Road Swing at Arkansas on Wednesday
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-18, 1-11) takes to the road for an away SEC game at Arkansas (Feb. 18,...
Tigers Nearly There Against Mississippi State, ...
The Bulldogs escaped Mizzou Arena with a 77-74 result on Saturday, using fouls and the free throw...
Tigers and Mississippi State to Clash on...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-17, 1-10) returns home to take on Mississippi State on Saturday, Feb. ...
Mizzou Falls to South Carolina, 65-60
Missouri cut South Carolina's lead to 54-51 with less than three minutes to go when Sindarius...
Tuesday Game at South Carolina Up Next for the ...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-16, 1-9) hits the road to face South Carolina (11-11, 2-8) on Tuesday,...
Aggies Pull Away Late from Mizzou, 83-61
Mizzou Men's Basketball fought hard against the Aggies, but let the game slip away down the...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP