Nov. 7, 2011
Missouri 88, Central Missouri 70
- The Tigers opened the first half by allowing the Mules to run out to a 6-0 lead but the Tigers countered with an 11-2 run, all within a span of just 2:18, to go on top, 11-8. Mizzou then used a 14-0 run from 10:55-6:19 to pull away from the Mules.
- Mizzou shot 50-percent from the floor in the first half (18-36) including a 5-10 mark from distance. Both Michael Dixon and Marcus Denmon were perfect from beyond the arc in first (2-2). Steve Moore and Kim English were a combined 0-4 from distance in the first half, the rest of the team was 5-6.
- Mizzou's 46 points in the first were its second-most in a first half during exhibition play. Mizzou did one better against Missouri Southern with 47.
- Mizzou outscored CMU, 22-8, in the paint in the first half. Tiger big man Ricardo Ratliffe was a big reason for that with nine points in the first.
- The Tigers also scored half of the points in the first off of 13 UCM turnovers as they outscored the Mules in points off turnovers, 23-7. Mizzou also outscored UCM, 8-0, in fast break points in the first.
- All but one of the eight Tigers to play in the first half scored and five of those eight players hit at least two field goals in the first half.
- Mizzou pulled in nine offensive rebounds in the first half, leading to 15 second-chance points in the frame.
- Mizzou's largest lead of the first half was 18 points at the 2:02 mark.
- Phil Pressey did not attempt a field goal in the first half but dished five dimes with just two turnovers in the first.
- The win gives the Tigers a perfect 3-0 exhibition record this year. Mizzou averaged 96.3 points in its three exhibition games and averaged a margin of victory of 34.3. The Tigers were also 2-0 at home in exhibition play and 1-0 on the road.
- Marcus Denmon finished the game with 15 points as he averaged 21.1 points per game in exhibition play. That leads the team through the three exhibition games.
- Mizzou finished the game outscoring UCM in the paint, 44-24. The Tigers also held a decisive edge in points off turnovers at 30-11.
Chievous Named to Class of 2015 Allstate SEC...
The leading scorer in Mizzou history has been named to the latest class of Allstate® SEC...
Road Trip to Texas A&M Up Next for Mizzou
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-10, 1-3) hits the road to continue SEC action at Texas A&M (11-5, 2-2)...
Tennessee Edges Mizzou, 59-51
Four different Tigers scored eight points or more for head coach Kim Anderson's squad and a...
Tigers Host Tennessee in SEC Battle at Mizzou...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-9, 1-2) returns to Mizzou Arena to face Tennessee in SEC action on...
Tigers Fall at No. 1 Kentucky, 86-37
Keanau Post and Wes Clark each scored 10 points to lead Missouri, but it wasn't enough as the...
Mizzou Men's Basketball Set to Visit Top-Ranked...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-8, 1-1) continues SEC action at No. 1 Kentucky (15-0, 2-0) on Tuesday,...
Missouri Drops a Close One to Auburn 85-79
Keith Shamburger led Missouri with a season-high 21 points including making 5 of 9 3-pointers,...
Tigers Start Road Conference Slate with Trip to...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-7) plays its first Southeastern Conference road game at Auburn (8-6)...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP