March 8, 2012
Big 12 Tournament Quarterfinals - Mizzou vs. Oklahoma State
March 8, 2012 - Sprint Center - Kansas City, Mo.
- Thursday marked the third meeting at the Big 12 Tournament between Mizzou and Oklahoma State. Mizzou claimed the previous two meetings - a 60-58 win in 2003 and a 67-59 win in 2009, the last year that Mizzou won the Big 12 Tournament. It is the first meeting between the two teams in Kansas City at the Big 12 Tournament.
- Mizzou earned a bye in the first round of this year's Big 12 Tournament, marking the first time Mizzou had done so since 2009, the year that it won the Tournament Title. First Half Notes
- Mizzou used a 17-0 run to pull away early in the first half, holding OSU scoreless from the 16:27 mark until the 10:26 mark. The Tigers held OSU to a 0-of-11 mark from the floor in that span.
- Steve Moore tallied a pair of blocked shots in the first half, moving his career total to 102, which is seventh on Mizzou's all-time career block list.
- Phil Pressey led the Tigers with five steals in the first half, surpassing his total from the previous two games combined while surpassing 28 single-game marks for him this season. The five steals in the first half alone matched his season-best.
- Pressey also had eight assists in the first half, marking the 22nd game this season in which he dished at least five dimes, a school record. He was a big reason why Mizzou boasted a 13-3 assist-turnover margin in the first half. Pressey also tallied a block in the first half and he did all of this in just 14 minutes of play in the first half.
- Kim English scored 21 of the Tigers' 49 points in the first half. The 21 points in the first half were one more than he had in the Tigers' previous game against Texas Tech (20).
- Andrew Jones scored his first point since the Tigers' Big 12 opener against Oklahoma with a free throw in the first half.
- Mizzou outscored OSU, 28-4 in the paint in the first half and held an 18-2 advantage in points off of turnovers. Mizzou forced OSU into eight first half turnovers, seven of which came on steals. Pressey led the way with five steals in the first.
- Mizzou held OSU to no offensive rebounds in the first half as Mizzou crushed the Cowboys on the glass, 26-10. Mizzou owned a 7-0 advantage on second-chance points in the first half.
- The Tigers shot 61.5 percent from two-point range in the first half (16-of-26).
- Seven different Tigers scored in the first half.
- Mizzou scored 49 points in the first half, matching their best in a first half this season, which was also set against Binghamton on Nov. 27, 2011, at Mizzou Arena. It its last two first halves against Oklahoma State, Mizzou averaged 47 points after scoring 45 in the first half in the team's second meeting at Mizzou Arena.
- Michael Dixon, Jr., also surpassed the 1,000-point mark in his career in the first half.
- In three games at the Sprint Center this season, Mizzou has averaged 89 points and is 3-0 in those matchups, all against teams from power six conferences. Mizzou's average margin of victory in games at the Sprint Center this season is not 28.7 ppg.
- Mizzou is now 17-14 all-time in Big 12 Tournament games and 4-8 in quarterfinal matchups.
- Phil Pressey finished with 12 assists, marking the seventh time this season that he has eclipsed the 10-assist mark. The 12 assists are also a Big 12 Quarterfinal record and sophomore record at Big 12 Tournament. The 12 assists moved his season total to 202, making him the first ever Tiger to surpass the 200-assist mark in a single season. He finished just one dime shy of the school's single-game record despite playing just
- Both Marcus Denmon and Kim English finished with more than 20 points in the game with 24 and 27, respectively. That marks the first time since the Tigers' Big 12 opener against Oklahoma (Jan. 3) in which the duo each scored 20 points and the second time this season.
- With his 27 points, Kim English now has 1,526 in his career as he and Marcus Denmon (1,738) become just the third pair of four-year players at Mizzou to surpass 1,500 career points. The other two duos were Jon Sunvold (1,597) and Steve Stipanovich (1,836) from 1980-83 and Arthur Johnson (1,759) and Rickey Paulding (1,673) from 2001-04. Clarence Gilbert and Kareem Rush were also 1,500 point scorers that played together, but the duo did not play together all four years.
- Staying on that note of career scoring, Michael Dixon, Jr., moved his career point total to 1,008, making him the 43rd Tiger to score 1,000 points in a career. Now, with three current 1,000-point scorers on its roster, it marks the first time that three active Tigers have scored 1,000 points since the 2008-09 season when DeMarre Carroll, Leo Lyons and Matt Lawrence all passed the 1,000-point mark.
- Mizzou finished the game with 22 assists in the game, marking the seventh time this season that Mizzou has amassed 20 assists in a game.
Tigers Down Valpo, 56-41, for Anderson's First ...
Head Coach Kim Anderson earned his first win at the helm of the Mizzou Men's Basketball program...
Mizzou Men's Basketball Continues at Home with ...
First-year head coach Kim Anderson and his Tigers tip off against Valparaiso at Mizzou Arena on...
Mizzou Drops Regular Season Opener, 69-61, to UMKC
The Mizzou men's basketball team (0-1) fell to UMKC (1-0), 69-61, in its regular season opener...
Mizzou Begins 2014-15 Regular Season with UMKC
Mizzou faces off with UMKC at 8 p.m. on the SEC Network+, with the matchup serving as part of the...
Mizzou vs. Oral Roberts Post Game Notes
Mizzou vs. Oral Roberts Post Game Notes (November 19, 2014 // Columbia, Mo. // Mizzou Arena)
Parking Information for UMKC and Valparaiso Games
Mizzou Men's Basketball's upcoming games with UMKC (Friday, 8 p.m.) and Valparaiso (Sunday, 5 p.m...
Mizzou Men's Basketball Signs Two to 2015...
- Mizzou Men's Basketball head coach Kim Anderson has announced two signings for the program's...
Mizzou Basketball Hosts Successful Hoops 101 Event
Mizzou Basketball's annual Hoops 101 event was held on Thursday, Nov. 6 in Mizzou Arena, and, as ...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP