Feb. 13, 2014
• Missouri’s win marked the team’s third consecutive victory over Arkansas, the first time Mizzou has won three straight over the Razorbacks since 1971.
• The Tigers set a new school record with 27 consecutive free throws makes over a two-game stretch. Missouri opened with 23 consecutive makes tonight and had four consecutive makes to close last Saturday’s game at Ole Miss. The previous record of 26 was set in 1997 in consecutive games against Texas A&M and Kansas State.
• Additionally, Missouri’s 23 consecutive free throw makes to start the contest tied a team record. The other two times the Tigers made 23 consecutive free throws in a game was against Oklahoma on March 3, 2005 and Kansas State on Feb. 1, 1997.
• Missouri was a perfect 19-of-19 from the charity stripe in the first half, the team’s best free throw percentage in a half this season (with at least two attempts). The previous best was when the Tigers went 15-16 (93.7 perfect) from the free throw line in the second half against Gardner-Webb.
• Mizzou’s 46 first-half points were the most in the opening half this year. The previous record was 45 in the win against Hawaii in Kansas City.
• The Tigers’ 34 free throw makes set a new Mizzou Arena record. The old mark was 33 against Kansas State during the 2008-09 campaign.
• Missouri’s 34 free throw makes also set a new season high, besting the old high of 31 set against both Nevada and Auburn.
• Jordan Clarkson and Jabari Brown scored 27 and 25 points, respectively, to mark their 13th 20-point games of the season. Their 20-point scoring outputs are the most for the Tigers since Thomas Garner hit the mark 16 times in 2005-06.
• Clarkson and Brown have each reached double figures in all-24 of Mizzou’s games this season. The last time a Tiger started a season with at least 24 consecutive double-digit scoring outputs was Doug Smith in 1990-91. Smith ended up reaching double figures in all 30 games for the Tigers that year.
• Earnest Ross scored 15 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for his third double-double of the season and 12th of his career.
• Brown made a career high 14 free throws in a personal best 15 attempts. His previous career high in free throws attempted was 12 this season against Kentucky.
• Clarkson also made a career high 11 free throws, bettering his old high of nine.
• With three assists tonight, Brown has dished out 13 dimes over the past three games while committing just one turnover.
Senior Night Next for Mizzou, Facing Auburn at ...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (8-21, 2-14) hosts its Senior Night on Tuesday, March 3, against Auburn, ...
Missouri Falls to Georgia 68-44 in Athens
Johnathan Williams III and Namon Wright scored 10 points each, but Georgia pulled out with a...
Early Saturday Matchup at Georgia Up Next for...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (8-20, 2-13) next hits the road for Georgia, facing the Bulldogs at 11 a....
Wright Propels Mizzou Past Gators, 64-52
Freshman guard Namon Wright scored a career-high 28 points off 10-of-13 shooting to lead Mizzou...
Tigers Set to Host Florida for Blackout Game on...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-20, 1-13) returns home to Mizzou Arena to host Florida (13-14, 6-8) on...
Missouri Falls at Vanderbilt, 76-53
Motaque Gill-Caesar led the Tigers with 11 points, but it wasn't enough as Missouri fell to...
Tigers Set to Take Next Trip to Vanderbilt for ...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-19, 1-12) heads to Nashville, Tenn., to take on Vanderbilt on Saturday...
Mizzou Falls to No. 18 Arkansas, 84-69
Johnathan Williams III and Tramaine Isabell led the Tigers with 13 points each. The team will...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP