Feb. 1, 2014
- The 61 combined points by Brown/Clarkson are the most for a pair of Tigers in a regulation game since Dec. 16, 1987, against Virginia Tech. Derrick Chievous (42) and Byron Ervin (21) combined for 63.
- Freshman Dakari Johnson made his first career start for Kentucky.
- Kentucky is the second ranked opponent the Tigers have faced this year, they defeated No. 18 UCLA in Mizzou Arena on December 7th.
- The game featured the SEC leading scorer (Jabari Brown 19.8 PPG) and the leading rebounder (Julius Randle 10.2 RPG).
- The Wildcats' two seven footers, Willie Cauley-Stein and Johnson, both picked up two personal fouls before the 13-minute mark.
- The three-headed guard machine of Jabari Brown, Jordan Clarkson and Earnest Ross scored the Tigers' first 19 points and finished the first half with 27 of the Tigers' 32.
- Brown, Clarkson and Ross have averaged a combined 54.6 points in conference play; they finished with 69 today. Brown and Clarkson had 61 themselves.
- Missouri's 10-point halftime deficit was its largest of the season.
- Ross and Jonathan Williams III combined for 13 minutes, two rebounds and two points in the first half after getting into early foul trouble.
- With Ross and Williams III not able to contribute the Wildcats outscored the Tigers 18-6 in the paint in the first half.
- In the second half Missouri outscored Kentucky 28-18 in the paint.
- Despite not grabbing a single offensive rebound in the first half, Mizzou was only outrebounded 15-12; Kentucky is averaging a +10.7 rebound margin, 4th best in the nation.
- The Tigers and Wildcats finished dead even in rebounds, 29-29.
- After going 3-of-6 from distance, Jabari Brown is now 23 of his last 35 (65.7%) over a six-game stretch.
- Brown entered the game leading the SEC in scoring during conference play and on the season with 22.3 PPG and 19.8 PPG respectively. Brown finished with 33, a career high and season high for any Tiger.
- That gives Brown six consecutive games scoring 20+. Twenty-two of his 33 points came in the second half.
- Missouri racked up 18 fast break points compared to Kentucky's 4.
Mizzou Begins 2014-15 Regular Season with UMKC
Mizzou faces off with UMKC at 8 p.m. on the SEC Network+, with the matchup serving as part of the...
Mizzou vs. Oral Roberts Post Game Notes
Mizzou vs. Oral Roberts Post Game Notes (November 19, 2014 // Columbia, Mo. // Mizzou Arena)
Parking Information for UMKC and Valparaiso Games
Mizzou Men's Basketball's upcoming games with UMKC (Friday, 8 p.m.) and Valparaiso (Sunday, 5 p.m...
Mizzou Men's Basketball Signs Two to 2015...
- Mizzou Men's Basketball head coach Kim Anderson has announced two signings for the program's...
Mizzou Basketball Hosts Successful Hoops 101 Event
Mizzou Basketball's annual Hoops 101 event was held on Thursday, Nov. 6 in Mizzou Arena, and, as ...
Post Presence Pushes Mizzou Hoops Past UMSL
The Mizzou men's basketball team wrapped up exhibition play with a 77-54 victory over UMSL...
Mizzou Finishes Exhibition Schedule with UMSL...
Head coach Kim Anderson will lead Mizzou Men's Basketball into one final tune-up game ahead of...
Mizzou Men's Basketball Announces "Starting 5" ...
Mizzou Basketball announced today that a limited number of reserved tickets for select games will...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP