Jan. 19, 2013
- Forward Tony Criswell earned his second-straight start after starting Tuesday's game against Georgia.
- Guard Keion Bell earned his first start since Jan. 12 at Ole Miss and had a big first half, scoring a team-high nine points in the opening frame.
First Half Notes
- Florida opened the game on a 9-0 run, holding Mizzou to 0-of-4 shooting while forcing a pair of Mizzou turnovers, scoring five of the nine points off of those Tiger miscues. Eight of Florida's first nine points came in the paint.
- Mizzou closed the half on an 8-3 run, but still trailed by 17 at the break, 40-23.
- The Tigers forced 11 Florida turnovers in the first half, which is worth note because Florida came into the game averaging just 11.3 turnovers per contest. Unfortunately for Mizzou, it converted those 11 miscues into just four points. Conversely, Florida had 22 points off of 12 Tiger turnovers in the opening frame.
- Mizzou had nine steals in the first half as six players combined to accumulate those nine steals. The nine steals for the Tigers matches their total from their previous game against Georgia on Tuesday.
- Despite the loss, Mizzou is still very good against top-25 opponents under second-year head coach Frank Haith, holding a 7-4 overall mark, and a 4-3 mark against teams ranked in the top-10.
- The loss for the Tigers is just their third in their last 15 conference games, dating back to last season.
- Keion Bell finished with 14 points in the loss, marking the third straight game that he has scored in double-figures and the ninth time this season.
- Dating back to the Georgia game on Tuesday, Bell has connected on 10-of-14 from the field.
- Jabari Brown finished the game with 15 points, marking his fourth straight game in double figures. He has scored in double-figures in all but one of his eight games as a Tiger since suiting up midseason.
- Brown, over his last four games is now averaging 16.6 ppg and has connected on 14-of-31 from distance in that span. His 16.6 ppg in that span is a team-best.
- Mizzou forced 15 Florida turnovers in the loss. Florida came into the game averaging just 11.3 turnovers.
- Mizzou ripped 11 steals in the loss, marking the first time it had double-digit steals since Dec. 1 against Appalachian State. The 11 steals match the Tigers' season-high (11 vs. Alcorn State) and it is the most for the Tigers in SEC play.
#LevelUp: Phillips Already Embracing Life as a ...
Mizzou Men's Basketball added a new signee, 5-11 guard Terrence Phillips, to its 2015 recruiting ...
Phillips Signs with Mizzou Men's Basketball
Mizzou Men's Basketball head coach Kim Anderson has announced the signing of Terrence Phillips to...
Letter to Mizzou Nation
Spring is in the air, and it is such a busy time at the University of Missouri and for Mizzou...
Missouri Drops 63-54 Decision to South Carolina
Gill-Caesar finished with a team-high 10 points. The Tigers finish the season at 9-23.
SEC Tournament Up Next for Youthful Mizzou Squad
Mizzou Men's Basketball (9-22, 3-15) heads to its third appearance at the SEC Tournament with a...
Mizzou's Keanau Post Named to 2015 SEC...
Mizzou senior forward Keanau Post was chosen to the team, representing the Tigers after another...
Missouri Drops Contest to Mississippi State, 52-43
Craig Sword had a game-high 15 points to lead Mississippi State to a 52-43 victory over Missouri ...
Tigers Finish Conference Schedule at...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (9-21, 3-14) closes its conference schedule at Mississippi State on...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP