Jan. 19, 2013
- Forward Tony Criswell earned his second-straight start after starting Tuesday's game against Georgia.
- Guard Keion Bell earned his first start since Jan. 12 at Ole Miss and had a big first half, scoring a team-high nine points in the opening frame.
First Half Notes
- Florida opened the game on a 9-0 run, holding Mizzou to 0-of-4 shooting while forcing a pair of Mizzou turnovers, scoring five of the nine points off of those Tiger miscues. Eight of Florida's first nine points came in the paint.
- Mizzou closed the half on an 8-3 run, but still trailed by 17 at the break, 40-23.
- The Tigers forced 11 Florida turnovers in the first half, which is worth note because Florida came into the game averaging just 11.3 turnovers per contest. Unfortunately for Mizzou, it converted those 11 miscues into just four points. Conversely, Florida had 22 points off of 12 Tiger turnovers in the opening frame.
- Mizzou had nine steals in the first half as six players combined to accumulate those nine steals. The nine steals for the Tigers matches their total from their previous game against Georgia on Tuesday.
- Despite the loss, Mizzou is still very good against top-25 opponents under second-year head coach Frank Haith, holding a 7-4 overall mark, and a 4-3 mark against teams ranked in the top-10.
- The loss for the Tigers is just their third in their last 15 conference games, dating back to last season.
- Keion Bell finished with 14 points in the loss, marking the third straight game that he has scored in double-figures and the ninth time this season.
- Dating back to the Georgia game on Tuesday, Bell has connected on 10-of-14 from the field.
- Jabari Brown finished the game with 15 points, marking his fourth straight game in double figures. He has scored in double-figures in all but one of his eight games as a Tiger since suiting up midseason.
- Brown, over his last four games is now averaging 16.6 ppg and has connected on 14-of-31 from distance in that span. His 16.6 ppg in that span is a team-best.
- Mizzou forced 15 Florida turnovers in the loss. Florida came into the game averaging just 11.3 turnovers.
- Mizzou ripped 11 steals in the loss, marking the first time it had double-digit steals since Dec. 1 against Appalachian State. The 11 steals match the Tigers' season-high (11 vs. Alcorn State) and it is the most for the Tigers in SEC play.
Mizzou Drops to Texas A&M, 62-50
Texas A&M overcame a seven-point halftime deficit to defeat Missouri 62-50 on Wednesday night.
Chievous Named to Class of 2015 Allstate SEC...
The leading scorer in Mizzou history has been named to the latest class of Allstate® SEC...
Road Trip to Texas A&M Up Next for Mizzou
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-10, 1-3) hits the road to continue SEC action at Texas A&M (11-5, 2-2)...
Tennessee Edges Mizzou, 59-51
Four different Tigers scored eight points or more for head coach Kim Anderson's squad and a...
Tigers Host Tennessee in SEC Battle at Mizzou...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-9, 1-2) returns to Mizzou Arena to face Tennessee in SEC action on...
Tigers Fall at No. 1 Kentucky, 86-37
Keanau Post and Wes Clark each scored 10 points to lead Missouri, but it wasn't enough as the...
Mizzou Men's Basketball Set to Visit Top-Ranked...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-8, 1-1) continues SEC action at No. 1 Kentucky (15-0, 2-0) on Tuesday,...
Missouri Drops a Close One to Auburn 85-79
Keith Shamburger led Missouri with a season-high 21 points including making 5 of 9 3-pointers,...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP