Jan. 19, 2013
- Forward Tony Criswell earned his second-straight start after starting Tuesday's game against Georgia.
- Guard Keion Bell earned his first start since Jan. 12 at Ole Miss and had a big first half, scoring a team-high nine points in the opening frame.
First Half Notes
- Florida opened the game on a 9-0 run, holding Mizzou to 0-of-4 shooting while forcing a pair of Mizzou turnovers, scoring five of the nine points off of those Tiger miscues. Eight of Florida's first nine points came in the paint.
- Mizzou closed the half on an 8-3 run, but still trailed by 17 at the break, 40-23.
- The Tigers forced 11 Florida turnovers in the first half, which is worth note because Florida came into the game averaging just 11.3 turnovers per contest. Unfortunately for Mizzou, it converted those 11 miscues into just four points. Conversely, Florida had 22 points off of 12 Tiger turnovers in the opening frame.
- Mizzou had nine steals in the first half as six players combined to accumulate those nine steals. The nine steals for the Tigers matches their total from their previous game against Georgia on Tuesday.
- Despite the loss, Mizzou is still very good against top-25 opponents under second-year head coach Frank Haith, holding a 7-4 overall mark, and a 4-3 mark against teams ranked in the top-10.
- The loss for the Tigers is just their third in their last 15 conference games, dating back to last season.
- Keion Bell finished with 14 points in the loss, marking the third straight game that he has scored in double-figures and the ninth time this season.
- Dating back to the Georgia game on Tuesday, Bell has connected on 10-of-14 from the field.
- Jabari Brown finished the game with 15 points, marking his fourth straight game in double figures. He has scored in double-figures in all but one of his eight games as a Tiger since suiting up midseason.
- Brown, over his last four games is now averaging 16.6 ppg and has connected on 14-of-31 from distance in that span. His 16.6 ppg in that span is a team-best.
- Mizzou forced 15 Florida turnovers in the loss. Florida came into the game averaging just 11.3 turnovers.
- Mizzou ripped 11 steals in the loss, marking the first time it had double-digit steals since Dec. 1 against Appalachian State. The 11 steals match the Tigers' season-high (11 vs. Alcorn State) and it is the most for the Tigers in SEC play.
Get To Know Mizzou's Jakeenan Gant
Jakeenan Gant enters his freshman season at Mizzou after a brilliant high school career at...
Mizzou Summer League Update
Missouri Basketball has been well-represented in the Orlando Summer League (July 5-11) with three...
Get To Know D'Angelo Allen
D'Angelo Allen is set to begin his freshman season after winning three state titles at Dallas...
Get To Know Mizzou's Namon Wright
Namon Wright comes to Mizzou after a tremendous high school career in Los Angeles, Calif. The 6-f...
Mizzou Basketball Summer Photo Gallery
Missouri Basketball is hard at work this summer. Check out this recent practice photo gallery of ...
Get To Know Mizzou Assistant Coach Rob Fulford
Rob Fulford begins his first season at the University of Missouri. The former head coach at...
Mizzou Adds Scoring Combo Guard Tramaine Isabell
Mizzou Basketball Head Coach Kim Anderson continued to add to his impressive recruiting class on ...
Mizzou Network One on One With Kim Anderson
Mizzou Head Coach Kim Anderson talked about summer workouts with the Mizzou Network. Anderson and...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP