Jan. 16, 2013
Mizzou vs. Georgia
Southeastern Conference Basketball
Mizzou 79, Georgia 62
- Tonight's contest marked the fourth meeting in program history for the Tigers and the Bulldogs. With Missouri's 79-62 win, the Tigers improve to 4-0 in series history.
- Mizzou is now 27-10 in the month of January since the 2008-09 season.
- Missouri has never lost back-to-back games under head coach Frank Haith, with tonight's win, Missouri improves to 8-0 in games immediately following a loss. That includes a 3-0 mark this season.
- The Tigers forced turnovers in each of the Bulldog's first three possessions. Georgia finished the contest with 19 turnovers, about four more than their season average of 15.2 per game.
- Both Keion Bell and Earnest Ross have seen the Bulldogs before. Bell put up six points in his last match-up with UGA, and improved on that mark tonight with a total of 14. Ross scored a career-high 30 points against Georgia while with Auburn in 2011 and posted a team-best 15 points tonight.
- The win marks Missouri's 16th league victory under head coach Frank Haith. Mizzou has now won 16-of-21 conference games during Haith's tenure and the team is 10-2 in league games overall at Mizzou Arena in that time.
- Georgia is now 0-4 on the road this season, and 0-2 on a neutral court.
- The win was Missouri's 120th over the last five seasons, making that the second-most in school history in a five-year stretch, supassing the 119 wins registered by the Tigers from 1985-90. The winningest five-year period in program history was from 2007-11, 123 wins.
- The Tigers have now won 11 consecutive games at Mizzou Arena, including two straight SEC contests in the building.
- Missouri shot 45.5 percent from the floor in the first half, above it's season average of 41.7 percent.
- Phil Pressey tied his season-high with four steals tonight, just two away from his career-high of six. He is also just three steals away from tying J.T. Tiller (166) for ninth on the Mizzou career steals list.
- Five Tigers put up double figures against the Bulldgogs. This marks Earnest Ross' ninth double-figure game (15 pts), Alex Oriakhi's eighth (13 pts), Jabari Brown's sixth (15 pts), Keion Bell's eighth (12 pts) and Tony Criswell's third (10 pts.).
- Mizzou outscored UGA 32-12 in the paint.
- Missouri held Georgia to just nine offensive rebounds in the game, the lowest for an opponent this season. Previously, Mizzou held both Nicholls State and Louisville to just 10 offenseive rebounds in each game.
- Keion Bell matched his season-high of four assists for the third time this season.
- Alex Oriahki's four blocks on the night stand as a new season-high, surpassing the prevous mark of three. He also grabbed eight rebounds on the night, marking the eighth game this season that he has led the team in rebounds.
- Phil Pressey's six assists on the night mark the 12th game this season that he has recorded five or more assists.
- After playing just 23 minutes at Ole Miss, Alex Oriahki saw 31 minutes of playing time against Georgia and finished 5-for-5 from the field.
Road Trip to Texas A&M Up Next for Mizzou
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-10, 1-3) hits the road to continue SEC action at Texas A&M (11-5, 2-2)...
Tennessee Edges Mizzou, 59-51
Four different Tigers scored eight points or more for head coach Kim Anderson's squad and a...
Tigers Host Tennessee in SEC Battle at Mizzou...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-9, 1-2) returns to Mizzou Arena to face Tennessee in SEC action on...
Tigers Fall at No. 1 Kentucky, 86-37
Keanau Post and Wes Clark each scored 10 points to lead Missouri, but it wasn't enough as the...
Mizzou Men's Basketball Set to Visit Top-Ranked...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-8, 1-1) continues SEC action at No. 1 Kentucky (15-0, 2-0) on Tuesday,...
Missouri Drops a Close One to Auburn 85-79
Keith Shamburger led Missouri with a season-high 21 points including making 5 of 9 3-pointers,...
Tigers Start Road Conference Slate with Trip to...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (7-7) plays its first Southeastern Conference road game at Auburn (8-6)...
Mizzou Holds Off LSU, 74-67, in Overtime SEC...
After trailing by as many as 11 points, Mizzou basketball rallied to a 74-67, overtime win over...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP