Jan. 16, 2013
Mizzou vs. Georgia
Southeastern Conference Basketball
Mizzou 79, Georgia 62
- Tonight's contest marked the fourth meeting in program history for the Tigers and the Bulldogs. With Missouri's 79-62 win, the Tigers improve to 4-0 in series history.
- Mizzou is now 27-10 in the month of January since the 2008-09 season.
- Missouri has never lost back-to-back games under head coach Frank Haith, with tonight's win, Missouri improves to 8-0 in games immediately following a loss. That includes a 3-0 mark this season.
- The Tigers forced turnovers in each of the Bulldog's first three possessions. Georgia finished the contest with 19 turnovers, about four more than their season average of 15.2 per game.
- Both Keion Bell and Earnest Ross have seen the Bulldogs before. Bell put up six points in his last match-up with UGA, and improved on that mark tonight with a total of 14. Ross scored a career-high 30 points against Georgia while with Auburn in 2011 and posted a team-best 15 points tonight.
- The win marks Missouri's 16th league victory under head coach Frank Haith. Mizzou has now won 16-of-21 conference games during Haith's tenure and the team is 10-2 in league games overall at Mizzou Arena in that time.
- Georgia is now 0-4 on the road this season, and 0-2 on a neutral court.
- The win was Missouri's 120th over the last five seasons, making that the second-most in school history in a five-year stretch, supassing the 119 wins registered by the Tigers from 1985-90. The winningest five-year period in program history was from 2007-11, 123 wins.
- The Tigers have now won 11 consecutive games at Mizzou Arena, including two straight SEC contests in the building.
- Missouri shot 45.5 percent from the floor in the first half, above it's season average of 41.7 percent.
- Phil Pressey tied his season-high with four steals tonight, just two away from his career-high of six. He is also just three steals away from tying J.T. Tiller (166) for ninth on the Mizzou career steals list.
- Five Tigers put up double figures against the Bulldgogs. This marks Earnest Ross' ninth double-figure game (15 pts), Alex Oriakhi's eighth (13 pts), Jabari Brown's sixth (15 pts), Keion Bell's eighth (12 pts) and Tony Criswell's third (10 pts.).
- Mizzou outscored UGA 32-12 in the paint.
- Missouri held Georgia to just nine offensive rebounds in the game, the lowest for an opponent this season. Previously, Mizzou held both Nicholls State and Louisville to just 10 offenseive rebounds in each game.
- Keion Bell matched his season-high of four assists for the third time this season.
- Alex Oriahki's four blocks on the night stand as a new season-high, surpassing the prevous mark of three. He also grabbed eight rebounds on the night, marking the eighth game this season that he has led the team in rebounds.
- Phil Pressey's six assists on the night mark the 12th game this season that he has recorded five or more assists.
- After playing just 23 minutes at Ole Miss, Alex Oriahki saw 31 minutes of playing time against Georgia and finished 5-for-5 from the field.
#LevelUp: Phillips Already Embracing Life as a ...
Mizzou Men's Basketball added a new signee, 5-11 guard Terrence Phillips, to its 2015 recruiting ...
Phillips Signs with Mizzou Men's Basketball
Mizzou Men's Basketball head coach Kim Anderson has announced the signing of Terrence Phillips to...
Letter to Mizzou Nation
Spring is in the air, and it is such a busy time at the University of Missouri and for Mizzou...
Missouri Drops 63-54 Decision to South Carolina
Gill-Caesar finished with a team-high 10 points. The Tigers finish the season at 9-23.
SEC Tournament Up Next for Youthful Mizzou Squad
Mizzou Men's Basketball (9-22, 3-15) heads to its third appearance at the SEC Tournament with a...
Mizzou's Keanau Post Named to 2015 SEC...
Mizzou senior forward Keanau Post was chosen to the team, representing the Tigers after another...
Missouri Drops Contest to Mississippi State, 52-43
Craig Sword had a game-high 15 points to lead Mississippi State to a 52-43 victory over Missouri ...
Tigers Finish Conference Schedule at...
Mizzou Men's Basketball (9-21, 3-14) closes its conference schedule at Mississippi State on...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP