100-percent of the proceeds go to Joplin Little League.
Oct. 3, 2011
COLUMBIA, Mo. - As most people are well aware, the Mizzou baseball team will host a pair of Joplin Relief Games next weekend (Oct. 8-9) against the University of Iowa at Taylor Stadium. The goal of the two games is to raise money for the Joplin, Mo., Little League program which looks to rebuild following a devastating tornado hit the area last May.
The Mizzou athletic department has come up with a variety of different auction/raffle items that will be available at the games with 100-percent of the proceeds going to Joplin Little League. Below is a list of items and experiences that will be up for grabs at the two games.
Below are the items and experiences that will be up for grabs.
Auction/Raffle Items - Raffle tickets will be sold at the games. Prices: 2 for $5, 5 for $10 & 12 for $20.
- Pregame dugout/starting lineup exchange at home plate.
- 10 swings during batting practice at home plate.
- Pregame field preparation and a Q&A session with head groundskeeper Josh McPherson.
- The pressbox suite will be auctioned off to the highest bidder prior to each game. Food and beverage provided.
- Public address announcer for an inning and call an inning of action live on ESPN Radio KTGR 1580 with Tex Little.
- Bay Boy/Bat Girl for three innings at a time.
- Pair of Mizzou football homecoming tickets (w/ parking) against Iowa State.
- Football autographed by Gary Pinkel.
- Basketball signed by Frank Haith.
- Miscellaneous Mizzou baseball Under Armour apparel.
- Tour of the Mizzou Athletic Training Complex with Tiger Crew.
- Pitch Speed Station where fans can clock the speed of their best fastball.
- A chance for a child to race Truman the Tiger around the base paths.
- A postgame autograph session and a chance for all kids to run the bases.
For all the latest on Mizzou baseball, stay tuned to MUTigers.com and follow the team on twitter @MUTigerBaseball.
Mizzou Notebook - Summer Ball Update
As we approach the final weeks of summer ball, Mizzou baseball players have made been making...
Mizzou in the Minors
While Mizzou baseball is busy with summer camps and workouts, they are also keeping an eye on...
Mizzou Baseball Announces 20th Bullpen Scramble
The Mizzou baseball program will host the 20th annual Tiger Bullpen Scramble on Friday, Sept. 12,...
Mizzou Baseball Announces Hitting Experience
Mizzou baseball has announced the Mizzou Hitting Experience, a brand new competitive learning...
Mizzou's Scherzer Earns MLB All-Star Game Win
A year after starting the Major League Baseball All-Star Game and winning the American League Cy ...
Former Mizzou Standout Kinsler Named AL All-Star
Former Mizzou baseball standout Ian Kinsler has been named to the American League All-Star Game...
Tigers in the Pros: July 11
Mizzou alumni have performed very well in the last week of play around the MLB. Max Scherzer...
Mizzou Summerball Notebook
As the mid-season of the summer leagues has come and gone, Mizzou baseball players look to make...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP