Oct. 3, 2011
Click Here to Bid! All Proceeds to Directly to Joplin Little League
COLUMBIA, Mo. - As most people are well aware, the Mizzou baseball team will host a pair of Joplin Relief Games next weekend (Oct. 8-9) against the University of Iowa at Taylor Stadium. The goal of the two games is to raise money for the Joplin, Mo., Little League program which looks to rebuild following a devastating tornado hit the area last May.
The Mizzou athletic department has come up with a variety of different auction/raffle items that will be available at the games with 100-percent of the proceeds going to Joplin Little League. Below is a list of items and experiences that will be up for grabs at the two games.
Below are the items and experiences that will be up for grabs.
Auction/Raffle Items - Raffle tickets will be sold at the games. Prices: 2 for $5, 5 for $10 & 12 for $20.
- Pregame dugout/starting lineup exchange at home plate.
- 10 swings during batting practice at home plate.
- Pregame field preparation and a Q&A session with head groundskeeper Josh McPherson.
- The pressbox suite will be auctioned off to the highest bidder prior to each game. Food and beverage provided.
- Public address announcer for an inning and call an inning of action live on ESPN Radio KTGR 1580 with Tex Little.
- Bay Boy/Bat Girl for three innings at a time.
- Pair of Mizzou football homecoming tickets (w/ parking) against Iowa State.
- Football autographed by Gary Pinkel.
- Basketball signed by Frank Haith.
- Miscellaneous Mizzou baseball Under Armour apparel.
- Tour of the Mizzou Athletic Training Complex with Tiger Crew.
- Pitch Speed Station where fans can clock the speed of their best fastball.
- A chance for a child to race Truman the Tiger around the base paths.
- A postgame autograph session and a chance for all kids to run the bases.
For all the latest on Mizzou baseball, stay tuned to MUTigers.com and follow the team on twitter @MUTigerBaseball.