100-percent of the proceeds go to Joplin Little League.
Oct. 3, 2011
COLUMBIA, Mo. - As most people are well aware, the Mizzou baseball team will host a pair of Joplin Relief Games next weekend (Oct. 8-9) against the University of Iowa at Taylor Stadium. The goal of the two games is to raise money for the Joplin, Mo., Little League program which looks to rebuild following a devastating tornado hit the area last May.
The Mizzou athletic department has come up with a variety of different auction/raffle items that will be available at the games with 100-percent of the proceeds going to Joplin Little League. Below is a list of items and experiences that will be up for grabs at the two games.
Below are the items and experiences that will be up for grabs.
Auction/Raffle Items - Raffle tickets will be sold at the games. Prices: 2 for $5, 5 for $10 & 12 for $20.
- Pregame dugout/starting lineup exchange at home plate.
- 10 swings during batting practice at home plate.
- Pregame field preparation and a Q&A session with head groundskeeper Josh McPherson.
- The pressbox suite will be auctioned off to the highest bidder prior to each game. Food and beverage provided.
- Public address announcer for an inning and call an inning of action live on ESPN Radio KTGR 1580 with Tex Little.
- Bay Boy/Bat Girl for three innings at a time.
- Pair of Mizzou football homecoming tickets (w/ parking) against Iowa State.
- Football autographed by Gary Pinkel.
- Basketball signed by Frank Haith.
- Miscellaneous Mizzou baseball Under Armour apparel.
- Tour of the Mizzou Athletic Training Complex with Tiger Crew.
- Pitch Speed Station where fans can clock the speed of their best fastball.
- A chance for a child to race Truman the Tiger around the base paths.
- A postgame autograph session and a chance for all kids to run the bases.
For all the latest on Mizzou baseball, stay tuned to MUTigers.com and follow the team on twitter @MUTigerBaseball.
Mizzou's McClain Earns Co-SEC Pitcher of...
Mizzou junior righty Reggie McClain (Duluth, Ga.) has been named Co-SEC Pitcher of the Week, as...
Mizzou Drops Series Finale Against No. 6 South ...
South Carolina used dominant pitching and crisp defensive play to edge Mizzou, 7-5, on Sunday (Ma...
Mizzou Walks Off to Clinch Series Over No. 6...
Mizzou baseball came from behind twice, including a two-run rally in the 10th inning capped by...
McClain, Mizzou Take Series Opener From No. 6...
Mizzou baseball improved to 17-5 and 4-0 in the SEC as it defeated No. 6 South Carolina, 3-2, on ...
SEC East Showdown: Mizzou vs. South Carolina...
At 16-5 to open 2015, Mizzou is off to its best 21-game start since 2008 when the team won...
Mizzou Baseball Fan Primer: vs. No. 6 South...
Mizzou baseball, ranked No. 26 nationally by Collegiate Baseball, will return to the friendly...
Tiger Baseball Falls to Air Force, 4-2
On a rainy, cold day the Tigers could not get their bats going and suffered a 4-2 loss to Air...
TIGER BATS TAKE OFF EARLY IN 6-0 WIN OVER AIR...
Sophomore Ryan Howard (St. Charles, Mo.) tied a career high with four RBI as the Tigers used an...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP