100-percent of the proceeds go to Joplin Little League.
Oct. 3, 2011
COLUMBIA, Mo. - As most people are well aware, the Mizzou baseball team will host a pair of Joplin Relief Games next weekend (Oct. 8-9) against the University of Iowa at Taylor Stadium. The goal of the two games is to raise money for the Joplin, Mo., Little League program which looks to rebuild following a devastating tornado hit the area last May.
The Mizzou athletic department has come up with a variety of different auction/raffle items that will be available at the games with 100-percent of the proceeds going to Joplin Little League. Below is a list of items and experiences that will be up for grabs at the two games.
Below are the items and experiences that will be up for grabs.
Auction/Raffle Items - Raffle tickets will be sold at the games. Prices: 2 for $5, 5 for $10 & 12 for $20.
- Pregame dugout/starting lineup exchange at home plate.
- 10 swings during batting practice at home plate.
- Pregame field preparation and a Q&A session with head groundskeeper Josh McPherson.
- The pressbox suite will be auctioned off to the highest bidder prior to each game. Food and beverage provided.
- Public address announcer for an inning and call an inning of action live on ESPN Radio KTGR 1580 with Tex Little.
- Bay Boy/Bat Girl for three innings at a time.
- Pair of Mizzou football homecoming tickets (w/ parking) against Iowa State.
- Football autographed by Gary Pinkel.
- Basketball signed by Frank Haith.
- Miscellaneous Mizzou baseball Under Armour apparel.
- Tour of the Mizzou Athletic Training Complex with Tiger Crew.
- Pitch Speed Station where fans can clock the speed of their best fastball.
- A chance for a child to race Truman the Tiger around the base paths.
- A postgame autograph session and a chance for all kids to run the bases.
For all the latest on Mizzou baseball, stay tuned to MUTigers.com and follow the team on twitter @MUTigerBaseball.
Late Rally Pushes Gold to 4-3 Victory
After the Gold team saw its offense sputter for most of the game, senior catcher Logan Bone (Fest...
Gold Shuts Out, Blows Out Black 6-0
The Gold squad jumped out to a commanding lead early, grabbing a 6-0 edge after the third inning ...
Gold Team Shut Out as Black In Game Two
Black Team starter Brandon Baker (Lithonia, Ga.) was lights out, fanning five and allowing only...
Freshman Pitchers Battle As Team Black Takes 1-...
Game One of Mizzou baseball's Fall World Series featured strong showings from pitching newcomers ...
Mizzou Announces Schedule Change, Radio Info...
The Mizzou baseball program has announced schedule changes to the annual Fall World Series due to...
Mizzou Baseball Opens Fall World Series Wednesday
Mizzou baseball will open its annual Fall World Series tomorrow (Oct. 8) at Taylor Stadium at 6 p...
Mizzou Baseball Hires Hunter Mense as Hitting...
Mizzou head baseball coach Tim Jamieson has announced that Mizzou graduate and former Tiger All-A...
Mizzou Baseball's Recruiting Class Ranks...
The Mizzou baseball program has the nation's No. 31 recruiting class as Collegiate Baseball...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP