100-percent of the proceeds go to Joplin Little League.
Oct. 3, 2011
COLUMBIA, Mo. - As most people are well aware, the Mizzou baseball team will host a pair of Joplin Relief Games next weekend (Oct. 8-9) against the University of Iowa at Taylor Stadium. The goal of the two games is to raise money for the Joplin, Mo., Little League program which looks to rebuild following a devastating tornado hit the area last May.
The Mizzou athletic department has come up with a variety of different auction/raffle items that will be available at the games with 100-percent of the proceeds going to Joplin Little League. Below is a list of items and experiences that will be up for grabs at the two games.
Below are the items and experiences that will be up for grabs.
Auction/Raffle Items - Raffle tickets will be sold at the games. Prices: 2 for $5, 5 for $10 & 12 for $20.
- Pregame dugout/starting lineup exchange at home plate.
- 10 swings during batting practice at home plate.
- Pregame field preparation and a Q&A session with head groundskeeper Josh McPherson.
- The pressbox suite will be auctioned off to the highest bidder prior to each game. Food and beverage provided.
- Public address announcer for an inning and call an inning of action live on ESPN Radio KTGR 1580 with Tex Little.
- Bay Boy/Bat Girl for three innings at a time.
- Pair of Mizzou football homecoming tickets (w/ parking) against Iowa State.
- Football autographed by Gary Pinkel.
- Basketball signed by Frank Haith.
- Miscellaneous Mizzou baseball Under Armour apparel.
- Tour of the Mizzou Athletic Training Complex with Tiger Crew.
- Pitch Speed Station where fans can clock the speed of their best fastball.
- A chance for a child to race Truman the Tiger around the base paths.
- A postgame autograph session and a chance for all kids to run the bases.
For all the latest on Mizzou baseball, stay tuned to MUTigers.com and follow the team on twitter @MUTigerBaseball.
Howard, Houck Invited to USA Baseball...
Mizzou baseball standouts Ryan Howard (St. Charles, Mo.) and Tanner Houck (Collinsville, Ill.)...
Word on the Tweet: #MizzouMade Scherzer Tosses ...
It has been quite a week for #MizzouMade hurler Max Scherzer, the ace of Major League Baseball's ...
Three Tigers Taken On Final Day of 2015 MLB Draft
Mizzou baseball saw three more players taken during the final day of the Major League Baseball...
Mizzou's Williams, Fairbanks Drafted on Day...
Mizzou baseball saw two if its junior pitchers drafted during day two of the Major League...
Mizzou Baseball - Summer Ball Update
As the summer months hit full swing, it is time to start looking at where the Mizzou baseball...
Mizzou, Tim Jamieson Reach Three-Year Agreement
The University of Missouri and Head Baseball Coach Tim Jamieson have reached an agreement, as...
Mizzou's Houck Named Louisville Slugger...
Mizzou baseball righty Tanner Houck (Collinsville, Ill.) has been named a Louisville Slugger...
Mizzou Baseball in the Pros
With the summer months upon us, its time to check in on our Mizzou Baseball alums playing in...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP