May 2, 2012
COLUMBIA, Mo. - The Texas Longhorns are coming to Columbia this weekend for the final time to play baseball at Taylor Stadium as the Tigers are hosting their Big 12 rivals for a three-game series. The games will be contested at 6 p.m. on Friday, 1 p.m. on Saturday and 1 p.m. on Sunday. The Mizzou department of athletics is offering plenty of promotions for the three-game series as it hopes to draw some of the largest crowds in program history this weekend.
A slew of first pitches will be on tap for the weekend, beginning with a special appearance by Mizzou basketball senior Steve Moore on Friday night. Moore was a key player in the Tigers' 30-5 season on the hardwood and will get a chance to show off his arm on Friday night. On Saturday, Mizzou head basketball coach Frank Haith will throw out the first pitch and on Sunday, former Tiger hurler Kelly Fick, one of the heroes at last year's Big 12 Tournament, will throw out the first pitch on Sunday.
There are a variety of other promotions for the weekend as well. They are listed below:
- Tigers on Deck Mizzou Stop Day Tailgate - Free admission, grilled food, games, etc.
o The tailgate will be held in the lot outside of Taylor Stadium
o Tigers on Deck is the official student cheering section for Mizzou baseball
- Little League Sunday - Kids wearing a Little League jersey on Sunday get in free, family members just $1
- Family Four Pack Sunday - Four tickets for just $10
- The Tiger Mini Mizzou Band will be on hand Saturday
- Kids run the bases after Sunday's game
- Rally Towels will be handed out
For all the latest on Mizzou baseball, stay tuned to MUTigers.com and follow the team on twitter @MUTigerBaseball.