Feb. 25, 2013
COLUMBIA, Mo. - The Mizzou Department of Athletics and the Mizzou baseball program have put single game tickets for the 2013 season on sale today (Feb. 25). At $5 for adults and $3 for youth/seniors, single game tickets are some of the most affordable prices in the Southeastern Conference. Fans can purchase tickets by clicking here.
Here are some notable weekend series that the Tigers will have at home:
- March 1 - Home Opener vs. Northwestern
- SEC Home Openers vs. #7 South Carolina (USC has played in the last three CWS finals, winning two) - March 15-17
- Mizzou vs. #10 LSU - March 29-31 - The March 30 game will be televised through SEC television deal
- Mizzou vs. Missouri State - Annual In-State Showdown - April 17
- Mizzou vs. #17 Florida - April 19-21
- Mizzou vs. Auburn - April 26-28
- Mizzou vs. #11 Kentucky - May 16-18
The Tigers are coming off of another successful year under the direction of head coach Tim Jamieson
in which the team claimed the Big 12 Tournament title and advanced to its eighth NCAA Tournament in 10 seasons. Jamieson returns an experienced group this season, including veteran Friday night starter Rob Zastryzny
(Corpus Christi, Texas), who is poised for a breakout year in his first SEC season.
As the Tigers transition to the SEC, the level of competition will increase at Taylor Stadium this season as Tiger fans are sure to see future Major League Baseball players nearly every weekend at Taylor Stadium. In fact, Mizzou's first three SEC series at home are against perennial SEC powers South Carolina, which has played in each of the last three College World Series Finals - winning two, LSU, which has hosted 20 NCAA Regionals and Florida. The Tigers will also host weekend series at Taylor Stadium against Big Ten foe Northwestern, San Francisco, Auburn and Kentucky in 2013.
Tickets can be purchased by calling the Mizzou ticket office at 1-800-CAT-PAWS or 882-PAWS (local) or by visiting the Mizzou website at MUTigers.com. For all the latest on Mizzou baseball, stay tuned to MUTigers.com and follow the team on twitter @MUTigerBaseball.