May 10, 2014
- Mizzou now trails the all-time series with South Carolina, 4-1.
- Mizzou is now 4-13 on the road and 6-11 against left-handed starting pitchers this season.
- The Tigers fall to 5-19 against ranked opponents this season and have played eight ranked opponents in nine SEC series this season. Mizzou played just 16 games against ranked opponents a year ago.
- Sophomore Josh Lester homered in the first inning off of Jack Wynkoop. It was Lester's first homer of the season and first in 371 days as he last homered at Texas A&M on May 4, 2013.
- Sophomore Peter Fairbanks made his second SEC start of the season on Saturday.
- Brett Peel led off the third with a two-strike single to center, his first hit since April 27 at Florida.
- Kyle Martin's RBI groundout in the third inning snapped a streak of 10.2 innings without an earned run by Fairbanks.
- Lester added a one-out single after a 10-pitch at-bat in the sixth to tally his 13th multi-hit game this season, fourth-best on the team.
- Dylan Kelly extended his hitting streak to seven games, tying a season high for the senior catcher. It is his second seven-game hitting streak this season. The seven-game streak also matches Kelly's career-high as he did so once last season.
- Fairbanks threw first pitch strikes to 24-of-34 batters that he faced and his ERA over his last five appearances is now 1.40, spanning 25.2 innings pitched.
Houck, Lavy Lead Black Past Gold, 6-4
Freshman pitcher Tanner Houck (Collinsville, Ill.) was excellent on Saturday afternoon (Oct. 18),...
Gold Bats Past Black for 5-3 Win
Team Gold's pitching led the way to the team's second consecutive win, as they held Black to just...
Mizzou Baseball to Help Puppies in 2015
The Mizzou baseball team has partnered with the Puppies With Purpose program for the 2015 season ...
Late Rally Pushes Gold to 4-3 Victory
After the Gold team saw its offense sputter for most of the game, senior catcher Logan Bone (Fest...
Gold Shuts Out, Blows Out Black 6-0
The Gold squad jumped out to a commanding lead early, grabbing a 6-0 edge after the third inning ...
Gold Team Shut Out as Black In Game Two
Black Team starter Brandon Baker (Lithonia, Ga.) was lights out, fanning five and allowing only...
Freshman Pitchers Battle As Team Black Takes 1-...
Game One of Mizzou baseball's Fall World Series featured strong showings from pitching newcomers ...
Mizzou Announces Schedule Change, Radio Info...
The Mizzou baseball program has announced schedule changes to the annual Fall World Series due to...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP