May 9, 2014
- Mizzou now trails the all-time series with South Carolina, 3-1.
- Mizzou is now 4-12 on the road and 13-9 in night games and 6-10 against left-handed starters this season.
- The Tigers fall to 5-18 against ranked opponents this season and have played eight ranked opponents in nine SEC series this season. Mizzou played just 16 games against ranked opponents a year ago.
- Freshman Ryan Howard started in the three spot in the lineup for the third consecutive game on Friday. It was also the third time he has done so in his career.
- Junior Jake Ivory made just his third start since March 28 at Auburn, batting in the seven hole and playing right field.
- Howard tallied a two-out single in the first inning, doing so on the first pitch he saw. Howard, when putting the first pitch he sees in an at-bat in play is hitting .272 (9-for-33 this season).
- Dylan Kelly's RBI single in the top of the fourth inning extended his hitting streak to six consecutive games, the longest active streak by a Tiger and his second-longest of the season.
- Brett Graves allowed season-highs in walks (three) and runs (eight, six earned) in the loss, his fifth of the season.
- Graves' six strikeouts are the most for the junior righty since fanning nine against Georgia on April 4.
- Ryan Phillips was very good in relief of Graves, tossing 3.1 shutout innings, allowing one hit and fanning two while walking none.
Houck, Lavy Lead Black Past Gold, 6-4
Freshman pitcher Tanner Houck (Collinsville, Ill.) was excellent on Saturday afternoon (Oct. 18),...
Gold Bats Past Black for 5-3 Win
Team Gold's pitching led the way to the team's second consecutive win, as they held Black to just...
Mizzou Baseball to Help Puppies in 2015
The Mizzou baseball team has partnered with the Puppies With Purpose program for the 2015 season ...
Late Rally Pushes Gold to 4-3 Victory
After the Gold team saw its offense sputter for most of the game, senior catcher Logan Bone (Fest...
Gold Shuts Out, Blows Out Black 6-0
The Gold squad jumped out to a commanding lead early, grabbing a 6-0 edge after the third inning ...
Gold Team Shut Out as Black In Game Two
Black Team starter Brandon Baker (Lithonia, Ga.) was lights out, fanning five and allowing only...
Freshman Pitchers Battle As Team Black Takes 1-...
Game One of Mizzou baseball's Fall World Series featured strong showings from pitching newcomers ...
Mizzou Announces Schedule Change, Radio Info...
The Mizzou baseball program has announced schedule changes to the annual Fall World Series due to...
Official StoreOfficial Online
AUCTIONSOfficial Mobile APP